Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The *Official* Yankees are done thread

The *Official* Yankees are done thread

I'm not saying that the Yankees won't make the playoffs, but I am saying that they are clearly not going to make a run at the World Series.

They just cannot win a big game against a playoff caliber team. They cannot hit with men on base and we still do not have a viable option at first base.

200 million just doesn't buy what it used to.

IMHO neither NY baseball team is making the playoffs this year but the Mets have a better shot...

The Yankee season ended when Joba went down...Nothing you can do about it, the Yanks were dealt a bad hand with all these injuries...Forget about the playoffs, don't bother rushing anyone back just play out the rest of the season with what you have...The only thing Yankee fans have to look forward to the rest of this season is Mike Mussina finally winning 20 games...

The organization needs to make some big moves this offseason...

Veteran
    Only SeanTylerRyanDurden can start *Official* Yankee threads

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    I'm not saying that the Yankees won't make the playoffs, but I am saying that they are clearly not going to make a run at the World Series.

They just cannot win a big game against a playoff caliber team. They cannot hit with men on base and we still do not have a viable option at first base.

With all respect, I dont follow the logic. If a team can make the playoffs after a 162 game schedule, why cant they win it all. I can name you a score of examples of teams struggling at this point of the season, that won it all.

I myself dont even think they will make the playoffs. But if they get in, the have a shot to win it all.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    IMHO neither NY baseball team is making the playoffs this year but the Mets have a better shot...

The Yankee season ended when Joba went down...Nothing you can do about it, the Yanks were dealt a bad hand with all these injuries...Forget about the playoffs, don't bother rushing anyone back just play out the rest of the season with what you have...The only thing Yankee fans have to look forward to the rest of this season is Mike Mussina finally winning 20 games...

The organization needs to make some big moves this offseason...
    hopefful they re sign him to a nice 3 year deal at about 10 million per lol

Banned
    I must say i would love to see the yanks not make the playoffs. Keep spending all that money. I would like to see the Rays win it all, whats there payroll for this season? 30 million?

The Yankees biggest problem, first and foremost, is that they got snakebit with injuries.

ita gonna be the curse of AROD....we are doomed with this moron..picture him leading this team when jeter is retired

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    With all respect, I dont follow the logic. If a team can make the playoffs after a 162 game schedule, why cant they win it all. I can name you a score of examples of teams struggling at this point of the season, that won it all.

I myself dont even think they will make the playoffs. But if they get in, the have a shot to win it all.
    IF they make the playoffs, they will most likely face the Angels. They are not winning the division in a three team race. If by chance they play the White Sox, do you think they could beat the Sox and then the Angels? It's not going to happen.

last time the yanks won the world series their payroll was somewhere near 54 million

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    last time the yanks won the world series their payroll was somewhere near 54 million
    last time the mets won the world series the GDP of the United States was somewhere near 54 million

The Yanks have been done for weeks. Joba's injury sealed the deal. No way they're making the playoffs now.

All Pro
    IF they make the playoffs, they will most likely face the Angels. They are not winning the division in a three team race. If by chance they play the White Sox, do you think they could beat the Sox and then the Angels? It's not going to happen.
    If they make the playoffs anything can happened. Playoffs is all about streaks , not all it is based on your regular season success. But again that's a big "IF" they make it.

Quote Originally Posted by KotiteKid View Post
    ita gonna be the curse of AROD....we are doomed with this moron..picture him leading this team when jeter is retired
    Injuries aside, there are about 20 other guys you could blame more this year than A-Rod.

Before the Joba injury this team was a playoff team that was very unlikely to make any run at the World Series. After the Joba injury, this is no longer a playoff team. Be extremely cautious with Joba and look towards 2009. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan View Post
    Only SeanTylerRyanDurden can start *Official* Yankee threads

Get over it. You said all you wanted to do is talk Yankees vs. Angels baseball prior to the 4 game set at the Stadium, but since your thread got dumped you've done everything but talk baseball. Stop b!tching and moaning about it and talk some baseball.

Veteran
    I was simply stating the rules here..as told to me by Green Jets and Ham

Oh and your team just got worked by the Angels again! goodbye Yankees!

I am rooting for a monumental collapse. I want this team to finish 17 games out of the wild card.

The only way this team will ever be properly assembled is if they bottom out.

This team can't hit with an All-Star line-up. The pitching was supposed to be the weak link this year. Wouldn't you know it? The pitching has been adequate at the very worst.

This team ****ing sucks and I am tired of this bull****!

Francessa emphatically said today that the Yankees WILL make the playoffs.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!? ughhh

Yankees season is all but over.

Hughes pitches tomorrow for Scranton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!? ughhh

Yankees season is all but over.

Hughes pitches tomorrow for Scranton.
    Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. I don't get the reference.