Thread: Cashman is a poor judge of pitching talent

Cashman is a poor judge of pitching talent

Other than Wang and Mussina back in '01 what quality pitcher has cashman brought in recently...i dont include clemens because i hate him and he is a cheater....look through this list:

Carl Pavano (no comment necessary)
    Kei Igawa (see above)
    Javier Vazquez (too scared for NY)
    Kevin Brown (please)
    Randy Johnson (meh) - he could have gotten micah owings if he included more cash instead of ohlencrap

He's been wrong on Kennedy as being ready this year, and the jury is still out on Hughes.

Middle relief has been a joke over the past few years- Latroy Hawkins, Farnsworth (okay on that one since he turned into Pudge but he was a huge bust until this year) and don't tell me you would trust him in a big spot. The other guy we got in the johnson trade to arizona....Luis Vizcaino....
    The guys we got for Sheffield - Humberto Sanchez needed surgery and the two other pitchers have amounted to nothing.

So really it is Wang and now Joba over the past 5-6 years....Who am I missing?

Pettitte doesnt count either...doesnt take a genius to get him back in pinstripes...

Aaron Small
    Shawn Chacon
    Mike Mussina- We resigned him after 2006 season.
    Chien-Ming Wang
    Joba Chamberlain
    Andy Pettitte - You can't pick and choose, he brought Andy back, regardless of what you think. He didn't have to, especially with Andy's elbow history.
    Edwar Ramirez
    Jose Veras
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-12-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KotiteKid View Post
    Other than Wang and Mussina back in '01 what quality pitcher has cashman brought in recently...i dont include clemens because i hate him and he is a cheater....look through this list:

Carl Pavano (no comment necessary)
    Kei Igawa (see above)
    Javier Vazquez (too scared for NY)
    Kevin Brown (please)
    Randy Johnson (meh) - he could have gotten micah owings if he included more cash instead of ohlencrap
    Pavano- No body could of imagined what would happen with this guy. Several teams where willing to give him the contract the Yankees gave him, including the Sox and Angels. This comes down to WTF is wrong with this guy, can you really blame Cashman? Pavano stole money from us.

Igawa- You win on this one, I hated this deal for the second it happend. This was basically the Yankees "matching" the Sox when they got Dice-K. Horrible.

Vazquez- Never really giving a chance, but hasn't really had a great career.

Brown + Johnson - Didn't work in NY

No Kei can be that spark the yankees need to get that WC spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Aaron Small 1/2 year fluke.
    Shawn Chacon 1/2 season fluke.
    Mike Mussina- We resigned him after 2006 season.
    Chien-Ming Wang -Scouts.
    Joba Chamberlain - Scouts
    Andy Pettitte - You can't pick and choose, he brought Andy back, regardless of what you think. He didn't have to, especially with Andy's elbow history.
    Edwar Ramirez -Jury out
    Jose Veras

To be honest Wang, Joba, Ramirez and Veras credit goes to the scouting dept. Cash simply signs off on their opinion. Small and Chacon were part of throw a bunch of bums at the wall and see what stick. Reddiing, Leiter and a few others missed.

To his credit he appears to have learned to stop chasing questionable FA's or has beens via trade. One exception was Santana. He missed badly to date there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    To be honest Wang, Joba, Ramirez and Veras credit goes to the scouting dept. Cash simply signs off on their opinion. Small and Chacon were part of throw a bunch of bums at the wall and see what stick. Reddiing, Leiter and a few others missed.

To his credit he appears to have learned to stop chasing questionable FA's or has beens via trade. One exception was Santana. He missed badly to date there.

You can't walk away from proven talent...George would've snagged him.

Scouts also scout major league pitchers, guess what they gave Cash the green light on the mistakes as well. I guess we can blame them for Pavano, Igawa, Vazquez, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    [/B]

You can't walk away from proven talent...George would've snagged him.
    Like Pavano or Zito?

Banned
    Ian Kennedy is garbage, the players he gets out in the minors must seriously be terrible b/c this guy's stuff is as weak as it gets.