Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: MVP and LVP so far for the locals

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

MVP and LVP so far for the locals

Mets

MVP - David Wright - well on his way to another excellent season. Honorable mention - Mike Pelfrey - looks to have figured things out and is turning into a nice starter.

Least Valuable Player - Aaron Heilman - just a disaster this year. I have no confidence in him whatsoever. Just looks defeated on the mound. Dishonorable mention - Billy Wagner - Anyone have faith in him in a big spot?

Yankees

MVP - Mike Mussina - Never thought he had any shot of having a year like this one. Honorable. mention - Rivera - still the best.

LVP - Derek Jeter - having his first sub-par year by his standards. Dishonorable mention - Hughes and Kennedy - injuries aside these two have been disasters.

What do you guys think?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Mets

MVP - David Wright - well on his way to another excellent season. Honorable mention - Mike Pelfrey - looks to have figured things out and is turning into a nice starter.

Least Valuable Player - Aaron Heilman - just a disaster this year. I have no confidence in him whatsoever. Just looks defeated on the mound. Dishonorable mention - Billy Wagner - Anyone have faith in him in a big spot?

Yankees

MVP - Mike Mussina - Never thought he had any shot of having a year like this one. Honorable. mention - Rivera - still the best.

LVP - Derek Jeter - having his first sub-par year by his standards. Dishonorable mention - Hughes and Kennedy - injuries aside these two have been disasters.

What do you guys think?
    LVP- Melky Cabrera, and it isnt close

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hughes defiantly. A 21-22 year old pitcher with 22 inning pitched and was on the the team a whole month. He's defiantly the reason the Yankees are currently can't hit for ****.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    LVP- Melky Cabrera, and it isnt close
    Yeah, he really has been awful since April.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed for both on the Mets although a Mets fan could give a better opinion on that than I could.

For the Yanks, I agree with the MVP and the honorable mention. Moose looks like he's going to pick up his 16th win and Mo is looking better than ever. I disagree with the LVP. You can't label these 21 and 22 year old pitchers as your least valuable players. I would say either Cano or Melky. Jeter obviously isn't having a "Jeter-like" season, but I wouldn't say he's our LVP.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wagner doesn't deserve dishonorable mention. I would rather send him out there than anyone else in our bullpen. I think Alou/Castillo would be the top candidates IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me, Mets most valueable player has to be Reyes. His season is every bit on par as his 2006 "Breakout" season was, yet if you'll listen to the media they'll say idiotic **** about him having a bad year.

Least Valueable is too easy to say the bullpen in general, so I'm going to say Moises Alou. I love the guy when he's healthy but his injuries has led to the Mets getting sub-par production from Left Field for 2/3 of the season so far until Tatis and now Murphy/Evans stepped up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the GM doesn't where a uniform but I nominate him anyway. (Mets)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    mets mvp -- uhhhhhhhh... tatis magic
    mets lvp -- entire bullpen

yankees mvp -- mooooooose
    yankees lvp -- el captian

======================

In terms of Mets, Reyes has been terrific offensively but his defense hasn't been good until recently, he must get better.

Wright hasn't gotten on that tear yet. He shows signs then stumbles. He has to get back on a tear.

Santana hasn't had great run support but he has yet to have that game where we score him 1 run and he shuts the show down.

Beltran has had a subpar all around year but turning it on the past week.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand for the life of me how someone can call Derek Jeter less valuable than melky Cabrera who is absolute garbage

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Hughes defiantly. A 21-22 year old pitcher with 22 inning pitched and was on the the team a whole month. He's defiantly the reason the Yankees are currently can't hit for ****.
    Actually you're right, he's not one of the LVP's for the Yanks. Between him and Kennedy they'd qualify as most disappointing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    MVP- Delgado - carried the team back into the race when the season was heading south. The big 3 of Johan-Ollie and Pelfrey deserve a mention as well.

LVP- Heilman - Someone from the pen has to earn this honor and he after 3 great seasons has killed us and may need a change of address.

MVP- Moose - Probably the biggest reason the Yanks can still think about the post season. Nice job by Damon when on the field as well.

LVP- Melky-Cano. Most non Yank fans agreed Melk was not a everyday player b4 this season but he has barely been a 4th outfielder to date.
    Cano has been JAG with the exception of the month of July....on offense and defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Actually you're right, he's not one of the LVP's for the Yanks. Between him and Kennedy they'd qualify as most disappointing.
    Exactly. I think it's important to understand the difference between being least valuable and most disappointing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yanx

MVP--Moose

LVP's--Melky,& Cano both have sucked the big one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delgado and Reyes have to be talked about for MVP for the Mets...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the Yankees, the MVP is clearly Moose. The LVP depends on if you are comparing players to how bad they have been this year, or how bad they have been compared to what you expect. Either way, Robinson Cano is the guy or close to it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    on the bright side for the yanks...at least melky is developing his power.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    on the bright side for the yanks...at least melky is developing his power.
    HA, can someone find that thread where the Max Kellermans of this board are talking about Melky hitting 20-25 plus a year....
    In all seriousness Damon, Nady, and Abreu should be the OF, give up the good defensive CF for a major league bat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets N Mets View Post
    HA, can someone find that thread where the Max Kellermans of this board are talking about Melky hitting 20-25 plus a year....
    In all seriousness Damon, Nady, and Abreu should be the OF, give up the good defensive CF for a major league bat.
    I don't think you'll hear many of us argue with that...