Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Is Brett Favre Overrated?

  1. #1

    Is Brett Favre Overrated?

    He had a great year last year and he is a 3 time MVP, but the year before he had a 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio and the year before that he threw 29 INTs. Is Brett Favre our Mo Vaughn?

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,053
    Quality 21st post!

  3. #3
    Hard to say at this point...maybe we should wait another 17 years before we pass judgment.

  4. #4
    Hey the last time I saw Brett the Jet play a game, he looked like an old man who couldn't stand the cold weather

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The grasp of Realityville
    Posts
    3,856
    Yes, but hes 10000000X the QB the limpdick armed QB who left for Miami is.

  6. #6
    Say what you want about Chad, but he is the second greatest QB in Jets history

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,280
    I just want him to produce more that Pennington and Clemens - I think they combined for 15TD's/19 INT's last season.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadistheMan25 View Post
    Say what you want about Chad, but he is the second greatest QB in Jets history
    and I'm the tallest midget in the room.

  9. #9
    Chad was a warrior while he was here. He is the only qb in Jets history to lead them to 3 playoff berths. All you guys who are bashing Chad now are lost. He is a winner

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The grasp of Realityville
    Posts
    3,856
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadistheMan25 View Post
    Chad was a warrior while he was here. He is the only qb in Jets history to lead them to 3 playoff berths. All you guys who are bashing Chad now are lost. He is a winner
    You forgot the intangibles that played such a big role in his 5 unproductive seasons here!

  11. #11
    I have all the respect in the world for the effort and heart of Chad Pennington. He had to be one of the easiest players to root for in Jets history. But those days were over the moment he signed with Miami.

    With that said, in my opinion the question isn't whether Favre is overrated. Instead the question should be 'is Brett Favre an upgrade over Pennington and/or clemens in 2008? The answer, of course, is a resounding YES.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadistheMan25 View Post
    Chad was a warrior while he was here. He is the only qb in Jets history to lead them to 3 playoff berths. All you guys who are bashing Chad now are lost. He is a winner
    You're looking at this the wrong way brotha,


    I'm not one of those who bashes Pennington every chance they get, I rooted for Chad the way I rooted for Vinny, Boomer, O'Donnell, etc. But unlike those previously mentioned, we drafted Chad so there is definetly more love when that happens. I respect and admire Chad's passion for the game. But you have to ask yourself this question: Are the Jets better with an old/injured Chad than they are with an older Favre? Either way, the Jets will be in the QB market next season as Clemens is showing more and more each day that he is incapable of being a quality NFL QB...something of which Chad was and can still be by the way.

    Speaking of love & passion for the game; no man may love it more than Favre and this isn't a knock on Pennington but Favre is one of the greatest QBs to ever play this game...and at 38 I would take him for a year or two than Pennington at this point in their respective careers.

    We have the pieces to win now so why not get the QB who has won more than them all?

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    If Favre is overrated, what is Chad? Uberrated?

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The grasp of Realityville
    Posts
    3,856
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    You're looking at this the wrong way brotha,


    I'm not one of those who bashes Pennington every chance they get, I rooted for Chad the way I rooted for Vinny, Boomer, O'Donnell, etc. But unlike those previously mentioned, we drafted Chad so there is definetly more love when that happens. I respect and admire Chad's passion for the game. But you have to ask yourself this question: Are the Jets better with an old/injured Chad than they are with an older Favre? Either way, the Jets will be in the QB market next season as Clemens is showing more and more each day that he is incapable of being a quality NFL QB...something of which Chad was and can still be by the way.

    Speaking of love & passion for the game; no man may love it more than Favre and this isn't a knock on Pennington but Favre is one of the greatest QBs to ever play this game...and at 38 I would take him for a year or two than Pennington at this point in their respective careers.

    We have the pieces to win now so why not get the QB who has won more than them all?
    Define quality.

    Is it 27 TD, 25 INT and an 11-14 record?

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The grasp of Realityville
    Posts
    3,856
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    If Favre is overrated, what is Chad? Uberrated?
    Warrior

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadistheMan25 View Post
    He had a great year last year and he is a 3 time MVP, but the year before he had a 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio and the year before that he threw 29 INTs. Is Brett Favre our Mo Vaughn?
    Dude, you are reaching, big time. Try phinheaven.com or something like that.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    286
    I was scared for a second that this was going to turn into another Chad Pennington thread...

    Favre's rated way down in fantasy football.. I think as 8th-12th QB for many lists. So I'd say underrated.

    But hype-wise for being able to turn the Jets into Super Bowl winner- overrated.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Define quality.

    Is it 27 TD, 25 INT and an 11-14 record?
    what stat line is that if you don't mind me asking?


    I believe chad's record is something around .500 with the Jets. When he's healthy (not an excuse, the truth) Chad-led teams made it to the playoffs with the exception of 2007. I mean the guy isn't the best QB ever but he was a quality starter for us and saying otherwise is just silly or biased IMO.

    But for all the ripping Chad took on these boards, those who did the ripping were on Clemens' jock when Clemens could not even beat out that 'washed-up joke of a QB, worst QB in the history of the league', etc.

    Chad's moved on..he's not 1/2 the QB Favre is or was..let's just move it along people.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadistheMan25 View Post
    Is Brett Favre our Mo Vaughn?
    So Brett Favre's 100 pounds overweight and addicted to strippers and cheeseburgers?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    If Favre is overrated, what is Chad? Uberrated?
    Undone by injuries. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us