Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: David Price AAA debut

  1. #1

    David Price AAA debut

    7 hits on David Price through 2.1 innings of his AAA debut. He has struck out 5 already, though.

  2. #2
    So much for one or two AAA starts and then throw him in to a pennant race.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by HughC View Post
    So much for one or two AAA starts and then throw him in to a pennant race.
    He ended up going 4 innings.

    4 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K

    Considering how he started the game, not bad.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He ended up going 4 innings.

    4 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K

    Considering how he started the game, not bad.
    I bet he has a solid outing in his next start.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,860
    David Price>>> Phil Highes & Ian Kennedy

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    David Price>>> Phil Highes & Ian Kennedy
    David Price >>> Mets whole farm system

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    David Price >>> Mets whole farm system
    You obviously haven't seen David Murphy play. If in pinstripes you'd be on your 10th thread by now touting his play.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    You obviously haven't seen David Murphy play. If in pinstripes you'd be on your 10th thread by now touting his play.
    I posted that before I left for work this morning, actually thought about Murphy on the bus ride, nice player, kid looks like he knows what he's doing at the plate.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I posted that before I left for work this morning, actually thought about Murphy on the bus ride, nice player, kid looks like he knows what he's doing at the plate.
    Its probably unlikely, but if Murphy could be converted to 2b, he would be a real potential stud.

    Edit: Did a quick Google search as I wasn't sure how old Murphy is (he's 23) and came up with this little nugget from Post on Mar 11, 2007:

    Mets fans should keep in mind the name Daniel Murphy. He was a 13th-round pick out of Jacksonville University, where he played with Mets VP of Development Tony Bernazard's son. Several Mets officials have seen the lefty swinger hit this spring and project him as a legitimate bat. The question is whether he will learn to handle third base (where he will begin this year) or, perhaps at some point, second base. But the Mets are impressed enough by the bat that after initially thinking they would start Murphy at Low-A, they are thinking instead of having him begin at High-A.

    "Mr. Murphy is a hitter," Bernazard said. "We just don't know what position he is going to play. He has to work on his defense."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us