Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melky to the Minors, Big Sexy Waived

Melky to the Minors, Big Sexy Waived

wow.

The New York Post reports that the Yankees will demote Melky Cabrera to Triple-A and waive Richie Sexson prior to Friday's game.

According to the newspaper, Brett Gardner and Cody Ransom will be called up from Triple-A to fill their spots on the roster. Cabrera is hitting just .242/.296/.337 in 117 games and Sexson has hit .221/.321/.381 in 96 games overall, including .250/.371/.393 with the Yankees. Gardner has hit .296/.414/.422 with 37 steals in 94 games at Triple-A and could see significant action in center field depending on how the Yankees choose to deploy Johnny Damon, making him a worthwhile pickup in AL-only leagues. Aug. 15 - 2:55 pm et

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow. A little surprised.

Melky has been bad, maybe they want to get hi shead right again.

Was Sexson really doing any harm? If anything, he was a good defensive replacement at 1st base.

GOOD seperate the suck twins. Light a fire under these kids behinds.

All Pro
    hopefully one of these guys can give us that spark we need to get hot

Jets Insider VIP
    Cody Ransom? What's the scoop on this guy?

Looks like a 3B with some pop?
    22 Homers at Scranton

GOT MELK?

THE MELK-MAN DELIVERS!!

I never in my life have seen such an absolute scrub get one slogan attached to his name much less two

This player is absolute garbage and it is amazing how over-rated he was

Some people actually used this piece of absolute garbage as a reason not to trade for Santana, became indignant because we also had to include Melky in the deal, as if that was a big concession

I was like, what are you kidding me, you gives a $hit, this player is garbage, the Melky Cabrera's of the world are a dime a dozen, you can find this kind of scrub hiding under every rock

Anyway, this is not about Santana, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT, that is water under the bridge, I'm just trying to make a point about the absolute absurdity of the Melky Cabrera hype .. few weeks ago I said we should trade him for Jerrod Washburn and I was right, even an old Washburn would have been good value for this absolute garbage
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-15-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Veteran
    Lets hope Gardner can do something..Ransom has hit 22 HR with Scranton, but has a .255 avg

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post

Cody Ransom? What's the scoop on this guy?

Looks like a 3B with some pop?
    22 Homers at Scranton
    I don't know anything about him but I'll guarantee you he is better than Melky Cabrera

But then again so is my @$$

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    GOT MELK?

THE MELK-MAN DELIVERS!!

I never in my life have seen such an absolute scrub get one slogan attached to his name much less two

This player is absolute garbage and it is amazing how over-rated he was

Some people actually used this piece of absolute garbage as a reason not to trade for Santana, became indignant because we also had include Melky in the deal, as if that was a big concession

I was like, what are you kidding me, you gives a $hit, this player is garbage, the Melky Cabrera's of the world are a dime a dozen, you can find this kind of scrub hiding under every rock

Anyway, this is not about Santana, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT, that is water under the bridge, I'm just trying to make a point about the absolute absurdity of the Melky Cabrera hype .. few weeks ago I said we should trade him for Jerrod Washburn and I was right, even an old Washburn would have been good value for this absolute garbage
    I guess you don't like him too much??

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Wow. A little surprised.

Melky has been bad, maybe they want to get hi shead right again.

Was Sexson really doing any harm? If anything, he was a good defensive replacement at 1st base.

Both players suck but not sure Gardner is a upgrade either.

I wonder how Rob Neyer is taking the Melky demotion after playing him off as a big time player back in April.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post

Both players suck but not sure Gardner is a upgrade either
    Gardner is absolutely an upgrade .. know why?

At least Gardner has one "plus attribute", speed, and knows how to use it on the bases

Conversely Melky has no plus attributes .. offensively everything he does is below average {or should I say, sucks}

Defensively he's an average CF .. nothing special .. contrary to the hype he's not Willie Mays out there, he's not Paul Blair either, he's Omar Moreno {from back in the YANKEES SUCKITUDE days}, pretty good CF who can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag

At least Gardner has one "plus attribute", speed, and knows how to use it on the bases

Conversely Melky has no plus attributes, none .. offensively everything he does is well below average {or should I say, sucks}

Defensively he's an average CF .. nothing special .. contrary to the hype he's not Willie Mays out there, he's not Paul Blair either, he's Omar Moreno {from back in the YANKEES SUCKITUDE days}, pretty good CF who can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag
    He's got very strong arm. That would be his "plus attribute"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

He's got very strong arm. That would be his "plus attribute"
    No, Ichiro has a very strong arm .. Clemente had a very strong arm

Melky has a good arm, not a cannon .. enough with the hype, get it right

Conversely Melky has no plus attributes .. offensively everything he does is below average {or should I say, sucks}

You're assuming Gardner gets on base.

IMO this is Gardners last chance to dance. If he wants to stay in the lineup he better start hitting this time around. Let's hope he doesn't pull a Kellen Clemens and blow an opportunity handed to him.

All League
    Had to be done. Melky is giving us nothing offensivley right now. And right now we can't afford that. In other seasons when everyone else was going well we could hide his bat and just let him play defense. Right now that is not the case, Gardner and Christian give us the ability to pressure defense's. Put the ball on the ground and use your legs. Like the Angels do so well. You will be seeing Damon in center almost everyday now. This is a move the team had to make, shake it up and put your best players out there no matter what everyday. As far as Sexson goes....who really cares?! This team is not dead yet, not yet....but the turn around has to start now. As in this weekend, have to sweep the Royals--need a big start from Andy tonight.

LOL... Gardner was dangerous on the bases the first time around, but he didn't actually get on much.

Wow I am shocked. ow often do you see a player who has a few years of being the starting CF get demoted to the minors, not even the bench. I am surprised cashmen did this. He has just killed Melky's trade value this offseason. You would think a benching would get the desired effect as a demoting to triple A. very strange.

No, Ichiro has a very strong arm .. Clemente had a very strong arm

Melky has a good arm, not a cannon .. enough with the hype, get it right
    No...Melky has a cannon. He can't hit, can't steel bases, doesn't have great range, but he does have a very strong arm, no one tests him. He cuts down on a lot of 1st to 3rd and 2nd to home. Regardless of what you think of Melky that player, there is no disputing his arm. It's defiantly a plus attribute.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-15-2008 at 04:19 PM.