Mets @ Pirates

1-0 Mets top 1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good start.

2-0 Mets

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    pit comes back to win it after the 7th... good, got that anti-jinx out of the way

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, great inning for Pelf, lead off double gets the out at third then a DP. Awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great play at the plate

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just when I bust Beltrans ball for being the only guy in the lineup that has not got on base he throws out the runner at home

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    typical mets bullpen and offense has been garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great 7 inning shutout by Pelf

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and here comes the bp right on time, ****ing amazing

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    typical mets bullpen and offense has been garbage.

W is all that matters. I wonder who gets the 9th tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duaners never been the same after that ****ing ******* hit him in the taxi cab. I still hate that guy with every fiber of my being.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    W is all that matters. I wonder who gets the 9th tonight.
    Anybody but you know who.

His name does not need to be mentioned

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted Kunz in the 9th but he got it done.

Blood pressure can return to normal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    good W. I wanted 3 out of 4 from these guys. Make it happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Duaners never been the same after that ****ing ******* hit him in the taxi cab. I still hate that guy with every fiber of my being.
    No taxi accident, no Ollie.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manuel has no fear of putting any possible fallout squarely on his own shoulders. He would have been murdered in the media had that move (Heilman) backfired.

I hope we give him a 2-3 year contract as Manager. Barring a awful Sept, he will be a hot commodity around MLB but I like his value here as he really knows the rosters strengths and weaknesses.

Ollie staying , extending our pitching coach along with picking up Delgado's option are mandatory in my opinion. Use any Tex money we may have planned on offering this coming winter on Sheets, a corner outfielder and a reliever. Worry about 1B in 2010.

A rotation of Santana - Sheets -Ollie - Pelfrey - Maine would likely be the best in baseball by a wide margin. There is no guessing on potential or referencing of AAA stats involved in making that statement as they are all now proven Major League #1 through #3 SP's with Maine's injury the only thing keeping me from labeling them all Aces or #2's.

I don't know how the stretch drive plays out in a tight race this year mainly because of our pen. I do like our chances though because of our SP and the core four of Carlos & Carlos, Reyes and Wright.

No matter what the outcome though, if our winter plays out as described above we should be good for years to come barring injuries to the staff.
    Last edited by chad101; 08-16-2008 at 07:18 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    sheets? lmao, no thanks. Dude is excellent when healthy but an injury waiting to happen.

Honestly, I don't think bringing Delgado back is mandatory but I wouldn't be mad if we brought him back for only one more season unless we go after Teix.

Perez has been excellent and the mets will of course show interest in bringing him back. If he continues to pitch well, he should be a type A FA at the very least we get draft picks but I do want him back to have 4 set guys in our rotation for the next 5 years.

But let's keep the offseason talk to rest. We're in the middle of a pennant race.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JV51;2691454]sheets? lmao, no thanks. Dude is excellent when healthy but an injury waiting to happen.

Honestly, I don't think bringing Delgado back is mandatory but I wouldn't be mad if we brought him back for only one more season unless we go after Teix.

Perez has been excellent and the mets will of course show interest in bringing him back. If he continues to pitch well, he should be a type A FA at the very least we get draft picks but I do want him back to have 4 set guys in our rotation for the next 5 years.

But let's keep the offseason talk to rest. We're in the middle of a pennant race.[/QUOTE]

Fully aware of that and but to be honest, I am not the one who calls the team terrible and demands a overhaul depending on the score in the 4th inning during a 1 game losing streak.

As for Sheets, his injuries will make him affordable and WELL WORTH the risk.
    I also think Delgado is a much bigger clubhouse presence than we hear about.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chad101;2691459]
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    sheets? lmao, no thanks. Dude is excellent when healthy but an injury waiting to happen.

But let's keep the offseason talk to rest. We're in the middle of a pennant race.[/QUOTE]

Fully aware of that and but to be honest, I am not the one who calls the team terrible and demands a overhaul depending on the score in the 4th inning during a 1 game losing streak.

As for Sheets, his injuries will make him affordable and WELL WORTH the risk.
    I also think Delgado is a much bigger clubhouse presence than we hear about.

lol. Well Delgado is a leader of the clubhouse but he is also post prime. He's been excellent since June but if you can upgrade that position you go for it. I know we are NY, have loads of money but I don't want to handicap this team for the 2010 free agency with huge contracts this offseason. I understand re signing Ollie may cost anywhere from 50-75M but I hope we continue to integrate more youth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JV51;2691462]
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post

lol. Well Delgado is a leader of the clubhouse but he is also post prime. He's been excellent since June but if you can upgrade that position you go for it. I know we are NY, have loads of money but I don't want to handicap this team for the 2010 free agency with huge contracts this offseason. I understand re signing Ollie may cost anywhere from 50-75M but I hope we continue to integrate more youth.
    True but there is no younger 1st baseman available that will provide better numbers than Delgado (who is simply a 1yr option that we can pick up) with the exception of Tex. I would much rather Tex money be used on Ollie , a servicable corner outfielder (since I don't think we can count on Church, Tatis and our farm just yet) as well as bullpen help. Once those items are resolved, if we have Wilpon's approval to splurge some more than I also go after Sheets.