Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back from my 10 day ban and here is what I have to say.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Lightbulb I'm back from my 10 day ban and here is what I have to say.

I have been a member of this site for over 5 years and I think I have been for the most part, a worthy contributor here. Some may disagree with me and thats O.K. everybody is entitled to their opinions whether I agree with them or not.

I have had some heated debates with a few people here but who hasn't? We are all human after all and we all have a deep-seeded love for this team, so of course, emotions will run high from time to time.

I was banned for 10 days by Sean (I found out after the fact) for...and I quote:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Reposting A Dumped Classless Thread.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 08-17-2008, 12:00 PM
    I have never been banned for anything during the time I have been a member here and to be banned because I re-posted a thread of mine, that was dumped for no apparent reason, is ridiculous.

I posted a thread expressing my pleasure and joy that Pennington was released. Nothing derogatory, I didn't personally attack anyone and I didn't use any profanity. I just expressed my opinion and basically said I was doing friggin' backflips because we were finally rid of Pennington.

People were responding to it, and it got dumped - I didn't know who dumped it. Nobody spoke to me about it, nobody told me they had a problem with it, so I reposted it. Next thing I know I am banned for 10 days. No warning, no PM, no nothing.

Players come and go all the time, that's the nature of football, but to ban a long-time member in good-standing for expressing my opinion about the release of a player, regardless of who that player is, is completely absurd.

This is America right?? This is a football message board isn't it?? People are entitled to their opinions aren't they? (At least in the real world)

I have lost alot of respect for this place and particularly some of the people who run it.

If you can't come here and express your opinion on a football related topic and discuss it freely (within reason) without the fear of being banned because the site owner or another moderator got their feelings hurt or disagree with your opinion then something is really broken.

You all can ban me forever now, I really don't care anymore but know this:

What happened to me was just flat out wrong, no matter how you all try to justify your actions.

All Pro
    Oh jeez. The first dumping of the thread should have been a clue.

Somehow I get the feeling you are going to get banned again for this, not that I would agree with it.

Being banned is no fun, i'm sorry it had to happen to you like that sweety. But it happens to the best of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan View Post
    You all can ban me forever now
    Seconded.

All Pro
    ARod stickin it back to the man!

ARod, its really simple - doesn't matter who dumped the first thread, if your thread gets dumped by a mod, you respect the decision and don't repost the same thing. Nobody should have needed to tell you they had a problem with the thread, that was made obvious by the dumping. If you wanted to question it, that's one thing - but reposting the same thread? That was just dumb.

As a mod on another board, that's definitely a temp-bannable offense

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This is America right?? This is a football message board isn't it?? People are entitled to their opinions aren't they? (At least in the real world)

I have lost alot of respect for this place and particularly some of the people who run it.
    I understand A-Rod but it's Sean's message board it's not a democracy..I think he had a friendship with Chad since 2000 and hated how Chad was treated and wasn't in the mood to see negative posts about him..When Abe was traded alot of people were trashing him with no reprecussions..Right or wrong it is what it is..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I understand A-Rod but it's Sean's message board it's not a democracy..I think he had a friendship with Chad since 2000 and hated how Chad was treated and wasn't in the mood to see negative posts about him..When Abe was traded alot of people were trashing him with no reprecussions..Right or wrong it is what it is..
    lol everyone is chad's "friend"

Jets Insider VIP
    I just want to be a part of this epic thread. This won't end well.

Credit to Mark Spitz for the use of the word epic.
    Last edited by Jordy; 08-17-2008 at 01:41 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have been a member of this site for over 5 years and I think I have been for the most part, a worthy contributor here. Some may disagree with me and thats O.K. everybody is entitled to their opinions whether I agree with them or not.

I have had some heated debates with a few people here but who hasn't? We are all human after all and we all have a deep-seeded love for this team, so of course, emotions will run high from time to time.

I was banned for 10 days by Sean (I found out after the fact) for...and I quote:

I have never been banned for anything during the time I have been a member here and to be banned because I re-posted a thread of mine, that was dumped for no apparent reason, is ridiculous.

I posted a thread expressing my pleasure and joy that Pennington was released. Nothing derogatory, I didn't personally attack anyone and I didn't use any profanity. I just expressed my opinion and basically said I was doing friggin' backflips because we were finally rid of Pennington.

People were responding to it, and it got dumped - I didn't know who dumped it. Nobody spoke to me about it, nobody told me they had a problem with it, so I reposted it. Next thing I know I am banned for 10 days. No warning, no PM, no nothing.

Players come and go all the time, that's the nature of football, but to ban a long-time member in good-standing for expressing my opinion about the release of a player, regardless of who that player is, is completely absurd.

If you can't come here and express your opinion on a football related topic and discuss it freely (within reason) without the fear of being banned because the site owner or another moderator got their feelings hurt or disagree with your opinion then something is really broken.

You all can ban me forever now, I really don't care anymore but know this:

What happened to me was just flat out wrong, no matter how you all try to justify your actions.
    So you started a thread deemed classless by the owner of the site. It gets dumped, you repost it and you're wondering why you were banned? Whether the content of the thread deserved to be dumped can be debated but the respect for the rules of the site is probably what put you in limbo for 10 days.

And since you know who (Sean) and why you were banned, why the heck did you start this thread publicly? You should really have sent him a PM in my opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Just because it is what it is, doesn't make it right Savage.

It's dedicated posters like us, that help make this message board the success that it is.

If there was an issue with what i said, he could have stepped to me like a man and told me. Plain and simple.

I should have been entitled to at least that much.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-17-2008 at 01:39 PM.

All League
    If your thread was dumped the first time, there probably was a reason for it.

And I don't think this is a democracy. The golden rule - he who has the gold makes the rules.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just because it is what it is, doesn't make it right Savage.

It's dedicated posters like us, that help make this message board the success that it is.

If there was an issue with what i said, he could have stepped to me like a man and told me. Plain and simple.
    You could have PM'ed after your post was deleted instead of reposting it as well..

All League
    Charter JI Member

Question - if you get banned, is it just a bar from posting? Can you still read the board when you get banned?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    So you started a thread deemed classless by the owner of the site. It gets dumped, you repost it and you're wondering why you were banned? Whether the content of the thread deserved to be dumped can be debated but the respect for the rules of the site is probably what put you in limbo for 10 days.

And since you know who (Sean) and why you were banned, why the heck did you start this thread publicly? You should really have sent him a PM in my opinion.
    Because people deserve to know the truth. Pretty simple really.

If that means I get permanently banned so be it.

Nobody should have to fear banishment for expressing their opinion and that is really what this is all about.

People can say what i did was stupid and that's fine but I did what I did for the sake of discussion, it was breaking news at the time and I didn't do it with any malice toward anyone. To be banned for 10 days without any kind of warning is ridiculous.

I have seen SAR I intentionally taunt Sean over and over again after receiving numerous warnings and he gets a 2 day ban. WTF is that??
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-17-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    If your thread was dumped the first time, there probably was a reason for it.

And I don't think this is a democracy. The golden rule - he who has the gold makes the rules.
    And all along I thought it was ***** size that ruled.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

The golden rule - he who has the gold makes the rules.
    Or in Kate or JB's case its the Power of the ...

Hall Of Fame
    I thought I was a drama queen

Veteran
    10 days is kind of long for a ban... You must have really irritated the Mod...I got banned for 5 days and that seemed like eternity.... I just wonder if you're going to get rebanned for this ban....The next one may be about 20 days....