Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chamberlain, Hughes, Kennedy>Billignsley, Kershaw, Broxton....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Chamberlain, Hughes, Kennedy>Billignsley, Kershaw, Broxton....

I was just remebering that argument this spring training. Boy were Yankee fans wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You would have to be a moron to say that someone is definitely wrong or definitely right about this after 1 year. Honestly. Either that, or you know nothing about baseball.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    You would have to be a moron to say that someone is definitely wrong or definitely right about this after 1 year. Honestly. Either that, or you know nothing about baseball.
    Just trying to get a rise out of you over zealous Yankee fans. It didn't take long.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Just trying to get a rise out of you over zealous Yankee fans. It didn't take long.
    A rise? I could care less. I laugh at people that don't understand the game of baseball and continuously try to prove it.

By the way, out of curiosity, I would like seeing the original thread that you must be referring to.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All three of the Yankee pitchers you mentioned are injured. How the hell are you going to make an argument against three injured players?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A rise? I could care less. I laugh at people that don't understand the game of baseball and continuously try to prove it.

By the way, out of curiosity, I would like seeing the original thread that you must be referring to.
    You're right your knowledge of baseball is far superior. And you know I have little or no knowledge of the game based on the multiple baseball conversations we've had. I laugh at people who condescend on an internet message board implying they are some sort of messiah.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right your knowledge of baseball is far superior. And you know I have little or no knowledge of the game based on the multiple baseball conversations we've had. I laugh at people who condescend on an internet message board implying they are some sort of messiah.
    Nice bump... way to early

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kennedy shouldn't be in this discussion. He's awful and he's in his own coo-coo world.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Kennedy shouldn't be in this discussion. He's awful and he's in his own coo-coo world.
    Defiantly, he was the weakest link to begin with.. but wow has his stock plummeted

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Defiantly, he was the weakest link to begin with.. but wow has his stock plummeted
    Weird. He was deemed a master of control pitching but he's walking dudes left and right. I can understand him getting hit when throwing strikes but he's walking tons of guys when that's not supposed to be his weakness.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Weird. He was deemed a master of control pitching but he's walking dudes left and right. I can understand him getting hit when throwing strikes but he's walking tons of guys when that's not supposed to be his weakness.
    His control is suppose to be his best tool, without that he's garbage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I implied I'm a messiah? Wow, I had no idea. Do you only laugh at people that condescend on an internet message board? Or do you also laugh at people who try to get a "rise" out of other people on an internet message board? Just wondering.

By the way, where's the thread you are referring to?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I honestly thought he'd have the most immediate success this year out of the 3 based on the rave reviews on his command. Really suprising he has dropped that quickly down the prospect scale.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I implied I'm a messiah? Wow, I had no idea. Do you only laugh at people that condescend on an internet message board? Or do you also laugh at people who try to get a "rise" out of other people on an internet message board? Just wondering.

By the way, where's the thread you are referring to?
    The people or person I guess that this was intended for I'm sure knows what I'm talking about. If you want to read it go find it, I'm not your errand boy.

Obviously I laugh at people who make threads like these other wise I would not make threads like these. You'd have to be some kind of moron or have or have no knowledge of making jabs at someone to ask that quesiton.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The people or person I guess that this was intended for I'm sure knows what I'm talking about. If you want to read it go find it, I'm not your errand boy.

Obviously I laugh at people who make threads like these other wise I would not make threads like these. You'd have to be some kind of moron or have or have no knowledge of making jabs at someone to ask that quesiton.
    If you are not actually going to bring back the thread, so we can see what exactly was said, then this is pretty pointless.

So you laugh at yourself. Gotchya.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are not actually going to bring back the thread, so we can see what exactly was said, then this is pretty pointless.

So you laugh at yourself. Gotchya.
    The thread was Sean Ryan saying that Chamberlain, Hughes, Kennedy would be a better pitching trio than Billingsley, Kershaw and Broxton, and he would keep those 3 over the Dodgers 3 and I said the opposite.

You never laugh at yourself? Your life must be depressing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Is this really a thread?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They could be.... Joba>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Billingsley, Kershaw, Broxton.

We'll see about Hughes, I think he will be good, only 22 yrs old, and had bad luck with these fluke injuries.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Really? Is this really a thread?
    Even if you think that the Yankees have the edge, and right now I don't think they do, it's not like it's some sort of landslide. Billingsley is a legit #1 and Kershaw has been solid, especially since his return call-up. Not to mention he's the youngest player in the Major Leagues.

As far as this season goes I don't think there can be a single argument made that the Dodgers trio hasn't faired better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if you think that the Yankees have the edge, and right now I don't think they do, it's not like it's some sort of landslide. Billingsley is a legit #1 and Kershaw has been solid, especially since his return call-up. Not to mention he's the youngest player in the Major Leagues.

As far as this season goes I don't think there can be a single argument made that the Dodgers trio hasn't faired better.
    Kershaw is special...