Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mets/Cubs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mets/Cubs

Do they play each other again this season?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it that hard to look up the schedule? You're on the world wide web, the world is at your fingertips.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 games the last week of the season, hopefully the Cubs clinch by then and rest their guys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    4 games the last week of the season, hopefully the Mets clinch by then and rest their guys.
    Fixed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Philly goes into Chicago last 4 games of August.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Philly goes into Chicago last 4 games of August.
    They also have to play 4 with the Dodgers again...Go Manny !!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    4 games the last week of the season, hopefully the Cubs clinch by then and rest their guys.
    Also important to note is that the Cubs are not a good road team at all, whereas the Mets excel at home.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only fear two guys in the entire cubs pitching staff. Rich Harden and Carlos marmol who ****s on us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only time I know we play them by heart is the second to last home series.

As for being affraid, **** em. **** em hard. I hate the Cubs with a passion unknown to this world.

We'll take them anytime.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Also important to note is that the Cubs are not a good road team at all, whereas the Mets excel at home.
    Didnt they just have a 9 game road winning streak stopped by the fish on saturday?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Didnt they just have a 9 game road winning streak stopped by the fish on saturday?
    Yes, but they're 45-17 at Home and 31-31 on the Road on the season. They haven't been great on the Road. Purely a .500 team, despite that road winning streak.

The Mets on the other hand are 36-23 at Home and 32-33 on the Road. A better team at Home as well. So one would think a matchup at Shea would favor the Mets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Yes, but they're 45-17 at Home and 31-31 on the Road on the season. They haven't been great on the Road. Purely a .500 team, despite that road winning streak.

The Mets on the other hand are 36-23 at Home and 32-33 on the Road. A better team at Home as well. So one would think a matchup at Shea would favor the Mets.
    Exactly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am still waiting for the Cubs to implode!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    The only time I know we play them by heart is the second to last home series.

As for being affraid, **** em. **** em hard. I hate the Cubs with a passion unknown to this world.

We'll take them anytime.

The Cubs are infinitely better than the Mets. Zambrano, Harden, Dempster and Lily are probably the best 4 man rotation in baseball.. Oh and Marquis, the number 5 starter who I didn't mention, tossed a shut out today.

I'm worried about the Brewers since the Cubs finish the season with a three game stand at Milwaukee. I'm not worried about the Mets in the least and if they want to make the playoffs they better win their divison cuz they're not getting a wild card. That will be the Cubs or Brewers.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 08-27-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y View Post
    The Cubs are infinitely better than the Mets. Zambrano, Harden, Dempster and Lily are probably the best 4 man rotation in baseball.. Oh and Marquis, the number 5 starter who I didn't mention, tossed a shut out today.

I'm worried about the Brewers since the Cubs finish the season with a three game stand at Milwaukee. I'm not worried about the Mets in the least and if they want to make the playoffs they better win their divison cuz they're not getting a wild card. That will be the Cubs or Brewers.
    Cant really argue with that post.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like

To be the best, ya gotta beat the best.

But I am still waiting for the Cubs to screw themselves. They always do. Maybe this is their year? Maybe, just maybe they make the playoffs, go to the World Series and win it all!!! Yes! Just maybe the Cubs are destined to be the World Champions of baseball?!?!?! .................................................. ............. NAH-H-H-H-H!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rotation is very good and deep but I wouldn't take any one of them over Johan. Their lineup is also very good and deep not to mention a very good bullpen if Wood is healthy. If Maine can come back this season at anywhere close to %100 I would say the Mets could match up pretty well with the Cubs, the only big advantage being the bullpen. While I am very high on Zambrano (when he is on) and Harden (even though he doesn't give you length and is a big injury concern) I am not completely sold on Lily, who started off the season erratic, and Dempster who last year helped the Mets score 5 in the 9th to steal a game from the Cubs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Rotation is very good and deep but I wouldn't take any one of them over Johan. Their lineup is also very good and deep not to mention a very good bullpen if Wood is healthy. If Maine can come back this season at anywhere close to %100 I would say the Mets could match up pretty well with the Cubs, the only big advantage being the bullpen. While I am very high on Zambrano (when he is on) and Harden (even though he doesn't give you length and is a big injury concern) I am not completely sold on Lily, who started off the season erratic, and Dempster who last year helped the Mets score 5 in the 9th to steal a game from the Cubs.
    Well if there's any hope for the Mets it would be Zambrano goes into one of his late season swoons-and two out of his last three starts have not been good. Lilly, I know what you mean, but he's the number 4 starter. How many number 4 starters do you have faith in?

For me the Cubs are in great shape if Fukadome gets his crap together-he's clearly exhausted-and Kerry W can keep it up. I jave my doubts about the later. The Cubs also have a very hard September schedule and the Brewers have a very easy one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if there's any hope for the Mets it would be Zambrano goes into one of his late season swoons-and two out of his last three starts have not been good. Lilly, I know what you mean, but he's the number 4 starter. How many number 4 starters do you have faith in?

For me the Cubs are in great shape if Fukadome gets his crap together-he's clearly exhausted-and Kerry W can keep it up. I jave my doubts about the later. The Cubs also have a very hard September schedule and the Brewers have a very easy one.
    Until recently, Mike Pelfrey was our #4 starter. Just sayin'

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    I am still waiting for the Cubs to implode!
    +1