Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Yankees v. Jays @ Toronto

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934

    Yankees v. Jays @ Toronto

    Tuesday, August 19 @ 7:07pm:
    Darrell Rasner, RHP (5-9, 5.18) v. A.J. Burnett, RHP (15-9, 4.67)

    Wednesday, August 20 @ 7:07pm:
    Andy Pettitte, LHP (12-9, 4.30) v. David Purcey, LHP (2-3, 5.93)

    Thursday, August 21 @ 7:07pm:
    Sidney Ponson, RHP (7-3, 4.19) v. Roy Halladay, RHP (14-9, 2.64)

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    Jays are gonna be tough but we gotta take 2/3 and me thinks tonight needs to be a W to do that.

    Not over yet fellas

    LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934

    Tonight's line-up

    1. Damon - CF
    2. Jeter - SS
    3. Abreu - RF
    4. A. Rodriguez - 3B
    5. Giambi - 1B
    6. Nady - LF
    7. Matsui - DH
    8. Cano - 2B
    9. I. Rodriguez - C

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,707
    Good to have Matsui back...It adds presence to the line up. We need to get red hot for a 2 to 3 week period, get close to the Sox... The hitting must come alive, lineup looks better w-out the scrub Melky. Our pitching is being held together by scotch tape, getting Joba back, even if limited would be a shot in the arm. Hughes could get it together. Pavano the ****ing rat could provide something, since he's playing for his next contract, ****ing robber. we have a WC chance, maybe A Rod carries the team and Jeter hits a lil better...

    This forum is ****ing dead as a doornail, have all the rats jump the ship?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Good to have Matsui back...It adds presence to the line up. We need to get red hot for a 2 to 3 week period, get close to the Sox... The hitting must come alive, lineup looks better w-out the scrub Melky. Our pitching is being held together by scotch tape, getting Joba back, even if limited would be a shot in the arm. Hughes could get it together. Pavano the ****ing rat could provide something, since he's playing for his next contract, ****ing robber. we have a WC chance, maybe A Rod carries the team and Jeter hits a lil better...

    This forum is ****ing dead as a doornail, have all the rats jump the ship?
    I think Favre has us a bit distracted

    Actually the certain met fans that jump in and talk trash started irritating the crap out of me. With no TX on the main board it's been peaceful.

  6. #6
    That's ****ing embarassing. 2 dropped balls for Johnny Damon. That's just losing focus.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,158
    Rodriguez thrown out at second....doggin it to first and then turning it on.

    Michael Kay "Alex trying to make something happen!"

    Er no.


    Lol, the deek dogged it and we lost.

    He should sit a few games.

    Damon too.
    Last edited by 32green; 08-19-2008 at 09:42 PM.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,158
    Lol, the YES heads still calling it aggressive base running.

    Terrible loss, Rasner pitched his heart out and these sloths let him down.

    This is on Girardi to put these deeks on notice.

    Gut check time.

    Disgraceful!

  9. #9
    I have no words.

  10. #10
    Nice D by Damon. Melky looking pretty decent right now.


    eLOT

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,324
    Again, their performance speaks for itself. I don't see the desire to win. It's like they are looking forward to the off season already..

  12. #12
    15 runs then 1 run. Offense is so inconsistent for you guys.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    15 runs then 1 run. Offense is so inconsistent for you guys.
    Brian Bannister and then AJ Burnett... But yeah, I agree.

    If one hasn't given up on this season, I'm pretty sure this is the game that would do it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Again, their performance speaks for itself. I don't see the desire to win. It's like they are looking forward to the off season already..
    Not sure if that's fair or not. Damon lost us this game, and before the game I don't think people would have questioned Damon's desire to win.

  15. #15
    Such a painful loss. Rasner pitches an outstanding game and that's still not good enough. Burnett just embarrasses us time and time again. I considered the season done once Joba went down, but this one really, really hurts.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    ........this one really, really hurts.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    but hey ima keep hope alive if we can win the next two this will not feel so bad

    please please win the next 2

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934

    tonight's line-up

    Damon CF
    Jeter SS
    Abreu RF
    A. Rodriguez 3B
    Giambi 1B
    Nady LF
    Matsui DH
    Cano 2B
    Molina C
    Pettitte LHP

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,565
    Jeter looks "bored" tonight

    3-3, 2 run homer, 2 runs

  20. #20
    My guess for Halladay's line tomorrow night:

    9.0 IP 0 ER 3 H 9 K 1 BB

    Please prove me wrong guys...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us