Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Anquan Boldin "PIPE DREAM" thread

All League

Official Anquan Boldin "PIPE DREAM" thread

I just heard from an insider that Anquan Boldin is talking to Jets Management. The word is that they wan to give the Cardinals Brad Smith and Leon Washington and a 2010 Second rounder. I don't know what to think of it, but I would hate to lose Leon...He does so much for us but is way underrated stat wise... but I do think he would help us spread the ball out especially if we stick with a west coast offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Leon is going no where. Main reason why? We don't NEED Boldin.

All League
    ****ING DO IT!!!!

Assuming this is true (and why not, it's 1:10 in the AM), that's a very interesting trade.

Leon, Brad Smith, and a pick for a great player in a slot we desperately need to fill.

I love both Leon and Smith on special teams, and Leon can mix it up with the running game... but I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Are you nuts?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Assuming this is true (and why not, it's 1:10 in the AM), that's a very interesting trade.

Leon, Brad Smith, and a pick for a great player in a slot we desperately need to fill.

I love both Leon and Smith on special teams, and Leon can mix it up with the running game... but I say go for it.
    pull the trigger..no question about it

Veteran
    give them brad smith and eric smith.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Are you nuts?
    I don't think we should lose a player like Leon. Boldin is great, but Im not sure.

All Pro
    I question this for one reason. Even with Leon and Smith off of the books, where the hell are we getting the cap space to sign Boldin? Knowing that he wants to be paid top dollar and get a new long term deal.

All League
    now that I got that out I doubt this rumor is any where near true.

there is just so much that ould have to be done...wouldn't Boldin want a big new contract? and aren't we a little tight on cap space as it is?

I like Leon but for Boldin...

no way do I see this happening

I don't think we should lose a player like Leon. Boldin is great, but Im not sure.
    We don't need Boldin. That's what you said.

You realize we have ZERO depth in the WR position, right?

Dump. Clearly not true in any way, shape or form.

Veteran
    I have mixed feelings on this simply cause of the running game...I'd be 100% without Leon in the trade but even behind the new o-line it's hard to say how TJ will do...then again Jesse Chatman is here (and he did single handedly save my fantasy team last year)...if the deal is done great, if not no biggie.

We may not "NEED Boldin"

But I'd make that trade in a friggin' heartbeat. Are you kidding me? Washington is decent, don't get me wrong, but he'll never be anything more than a 3rd down back/spot starter. He's Kevin Faulk, or DeAngelo Williams, or Garrett Wolfe. Good players that fill a role ... but nothing to lose sleep over. And Brad Smith? Please.
    Anquan Boldin would be the best wide receiver on the Jets, not even close. This trade would be a steal for us. (Which is probably why it won't happen.)

we don't have the cap room for Boldin, and we have 2 promisin young receivers. Besides Washington, Smith, and a number 2 is alot to give up.

All Pro
    Even though this has close to zero chance of happening, imagine our three reciver sets with Boldin, Coles and Cotchery

Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post

I just heard from an insider that Anquan Boldin is talking to Jets Management. The word is that they wan to give the Cardinals Brad Smith and Leon Washington and a 2010 Second rounder.
    That rumor is definitely bogus because the Jets don't have the cap space to fit Boldin

In order for this to work the Cards would have to take a big salary back in return

It would have to be something like Coles {and a pick} for Boldin, that's the only way the Jets can fit Boldin under the cap .. Brad Smith and Leon Washington combined would not put the Jets in play for Boldin, it would have to be a much bigger salary going back the other way

Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    I just heard from an insider that Anquan Boldin is talking to Jets Management. The word is that they wan to give the Cardinals Brad Smith and Leon Washington and a 2010 Second rounder. I don't know what to think of it, but I would hate to lose Leon...He does so much for us but is way underrated stat wise... but I do think he would help us spread the ball out especially if we stick with a west coast offense.
    I don't think that this would sit well with LC...having Boldin, Coles, Cotchery, as the one two three i think would cause problems because Coles still sees himself as "the guy"....if anyone thinks he's bad now (not talking to the media and openly frustrated about the Chad release), just wait and see how he is if this happens..if anything....The jets would have to substitute Coles in that trade for Smith....but that would be bad too because the jets guaranteed him a lot of money before the season started....who knows? If this is true King and it happens...get ready for another media circus.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by docdhc View Post
    we don't have the cap room for Boldin, and we have 2 promisin young receivers. Besides Washington, Smith, and a number 2 is alot to give up.
    You're right about the cap room, but i disagree with the statement washington and smith and a secound rounder is a lot to give up. Boldin is a perenial pro bowl reciver, leon washington is a scat back, and Smith is still a unknown comodity.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd love to believe this, but I doubt this has any substance at all.

Coles, Cotch, Boldin, Keller, TJ, Favre