Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    -- Per 1050 ESPN Radio.

Wow, wtf is going on in Yankee land?
    I called this the day of the trade.

Well known knock on Rodriguez and now its biting us in the azz at the worst possible time.

AND he isnt hitting.

Great.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats happening you ask?

Looks to me like a death spiral, like last year with the Mets just minus the lead.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pettitte had more rhythm with Molina anyway, so let him pitch to Molina.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy was brought in to catch every day, but we now have two guys in the rotation (Pettitte and Mussina) that want to pitch to Molina.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this was a questionable trade with Farnsworth seeming to turn the corner but I figured I should reserve judgement since they were selling high on Kyle.

So far not so good.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    This guy was brought in to catch every day, but we now have two guys in the rotation (Pettitte and Mussina) that want to pitch to Molina.
    Besides being an excellent defensive catcher Molina is also great at calling pitches. Mussina says he doesn't have to think when he's on the mound b/c Molina is that good.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next year with Posada. Posada is no longer a good defensive catcher. Maybe he'll start at 1B unless we sign Texiera.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure why ESPN Radio thought that this was "Breaking News." This was obvious ever since his first start with Pudge, and most likely has to do with him feeling much more comfortable with Molina. Given that Pudge hasn't hit at all since the trade, Molina should catch at least 2/5ths of the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even with Molina's lack of hitting, his handling of the pitching staff, fundamentals defensively and ability to shut down a running game was completely positive for the Yanks. Yes, i'm stating the obvious but so far that trade hasn't worked out positively for the yanks but neither has it been negative value wise because Farnsworth still stinks. 3 hrs give up in less then 8 innings pitched.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even with Molina's lack of hitting, his handling of the pitching staff, fundamentals defensively and ability to shut down a running game was completely positive for the Yanks. Yes, i'm stating the obvious but so far that trade hasn't worked out positively for the yanks but neither has it been negative value wise because Farnsworth still stinks. 3 hrs give up in less then 8 innings pitched.
    It looked like a good trade at the time for both teams and has worked out terribly for both teams. I liked the trade at the time but now believe it was an absolute disaster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tigers have been a complete disaster. That 1000 run offense(I was on the bandwagon) has been such a disappointment. I hope someone finds the prediction thread and bump it. I nailed one I believe saying Carlos Quentin will be the comeback player of the year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tigers have been a complete disaster. That 1000 run offense(I was on the bandwagon) has been such a disappointment. I hope someone finds the prediction thread and bump it. I nailed one I believe saying Carlos Quentin will be the comeback player of the year.
    Moose might get it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Moose might get it.
    Ooh ya, true that. Talk about the irony. Guy has been the yanks MVP and everyone questioned if he would be a starter in spring training. Wonder if the yanks bring him back. Hard to pass up on a guy who's been as good as he has been this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh ya, true that. Talk about the irony. Guy has been the yanks MVP and everyone questioned if he would be a starter in spring training. Wonder if the yanks bring him back. Hard to pass up on a guy who's been as good as he has been this year.
    The way he has been pitching, I would. He's not getting lucky... he's has reinvented himself. Perfect #4-#5 pitcher. Yankees might actually have to make a decision between Moose and Pettitte, if they sign CC.

Sabathia
    Wang
    Joba
    Moose
    Pettitte
    Hughes

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way he has been pitching, I would. He's not getting lucky... he's has reinvented himself. Perfect #4-#5 pitcher. Yankees might actually have to make a decision between Moose and Pettitte, if they sign CC.

Sabathia
    Wang
    Joba
    Moose
    Pettitte
    Hughes
    If they sign CC.

I say

Sabathia
    joba
    wang
    pettite
    moose

hughes as the 8th inning guy/spot starter.

mo
    hughes
    veras
    ramirez
    robertson
    marte
    bruney/melacon

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they sign CC.

I say

Sabathia
    joba
    wang
    pettite
    moose

hughes as the 8th inning guy/spot starter.

mo
    hughes
    veras
    ramirez
    robertson
    marte
    bruney/melacon
    With Hughes innings limit in 2009, moving him to the bullpen next year might be a good idea. I'm sure JWF likes that idea.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe there were also several, including myself, that picked Seattle to win the West or at least be a close second. Obviously that hasn't worked out too well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I believe there were also several, including myself, that picked Seattle to win the West or at least be a close second. Obviously that hasn't worked out too well.
    I'm not embarassed to say I thought Seattle would be solid this year. What a mess they turned out to be, huh?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I'm not embarassed to say I thought Seattle would be solid this year. What a mess they turned out to be, huh?
    I was defiantly wrong about the Indians, and of course the Yankees

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Hughes innings limit in 2009, moving him to the bullpen next year might be a good idea. I'm sure JWF likes that idea.
    Yes! But more as a 2-3 inning guy, not a setup man. Ideally, I'd like to see a set 5 man rotation that doesn't include Hughes and have Hughes pitching 3 inning stints out of the pen (in close games if he's pitching well). Then, a couple months into the season, when someone is either hurt or not pitching well, Hughes can be brought into the rotation.

The problem with Moose by the way is he may very well want a 2 year deal. That will be a tough call. Hopefully we can get him with just a 1 year deal.