Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: OT: Funny kid story (Mets)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

OT: Funny kid story (Mets)

I posted this on the main board but then figured it would be better for the baseball forum.

My son(Locke) is 6 years old. This summer he really got into watching the Mets with me. Every night he asks when the Mets are on and he watches them with me until its bed time..He knows most of the players names and sits there and roots for HR's, outs, etc.. He's totally into it.

So, I was just giving the little guy a kiss before my wife drops both my kids off at school. He looks at me and says "dad I want to tell you something". He then says " hi, I'm Giuseppe Franco. I'm not putting my name on the line for just anyone.

This is not a joke at all. I never talked about that commercial with him ever. I friggin lost it and just about spit out my coffee. My wife was like what did you just say? and he told her "its on TV when I watch Mets"

This is one of those things you might have had to hear to appreciate but it was histerical too me. Too damn cute. Kids pick up everything..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's gold.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I posted this on the main board but then figured it would be better for the baseball forum.

My son(Locke) is 6 years old. This summer he really got into watching the Mets with me. Every night he asks when the Mets are on and he watches them with me until its bed time..He knows most of the players names and sits there and roots for HR's, outs, etc.. He's totally into it.

So, I was just giving the little guy a kiss before my wife drops both my kids off at school. He looks at me and says "dad I want to tell you something". He then says " hi, I'm Giuseppe Franco. I'm not putting my name on the line for just anyone.

This is not a joke at all. I never talked about that commercial with him ever. I friggin lost it and just about spit out my coffee. My wife was like what did you just say? and he told her "its on TV when I watch Mets"

This is one of those things you might have had to hear to appreciate but it was histerical too me. Too damn cute. Kids pick up everything..
    My son (5 1/2) LOVES commercials. Won't let me fast forward them on Tivo. And will repeat them verbatim back to me at the most randomn times. And every time it cracks me up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This kid is a comic savant, that is freaking hilarious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you need to get that kid a DVR/TIVO

very cute