Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florham Park

Jets Insider VIP

Florham Park

Being from NJ I can't wait for the Jets to get to Florham Park. The site is equidistant from where I work and live (about 20 minutes).

Has anyone heard of any celebrations or welcoming of the team type activities in Florham Park the week of Sept 2nd?

They had a great festival a year or so ago when they announced that they were moving to NJ. My daughter got autographs from Chrebet, Woody and the entire draft class of that year. I am hoping they do something similar though I think that fact they are moving the week of their first game might make them hold off until the Week 5 bye.

James Dearth and Manny Collins are going to be in person for a meet-and-greet at the local WaWa.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Trades;2699581]Being from NJ I can't wait for the Jets to get to Florham Park. The site is equidistant from where I work and live (about 20 minutes).

Has anyone heard of any celebrations or welcoming of the team type activities in Florham Park the week of Sept 2nd?

They had a great festival a year or so ago when they announced that they were moving to NJ. My daughter got autographs from Chrebet, Woody and the entire draft class of that year. I am hoping they do something similar though I think that fact they are moving the week of their first game might make them hold off until the Week 5 bye.[/QUOTE]

this would all be great if the Jets were Jersey team which they are not! In the end this is just plain wrong!I don't know how NY city and state lets this type of stuff happen!:steamin:

[QUOTE=rich1223;2699807]this would all be great if the Jets were Jersey team which they are not! In the end this is just plain wrong!I don't know how NY city and state lets this type of stuff happen!:steamin:[/QUOTE]

Boo

Hoo

Hoo

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=rich1223;2699807]this would all be great if the Jets were Jersey team which they are not! In the end this is just plain wrong!I don't know how NY city and state lets this type of stuff happen!:steamin:[/quote]

Read [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Gang-Green-Irreverent-Thirty-Eight-Thirty-Seven/dp/0684841150/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219339142&sr=8-2"]Gang Green by Gerald Eskenazi[/URL] and then come tell me about how well NY has treated the Jets and how the Jets owe NYers. NY crapped on the Jets at every opportunity now they are going to a state that has/is welcoming them with open arms. When the Jets were at Shea they had to wait for the Mets season to end to have home games and could NEVER practice at the stadium. According to Eskenazi they practiced in prison fields and in the median of the highway.

The Jets are a NY Metropolitan area team. This means that there are tons of fans in NJ, CT and NY. I know a lot more Jets fans in Northern NJ than I do Giants fans.

I have made many trips to Hofstra, you will survive the trip to Florham Park. Once you make the trip you will see how beautiful the area is and understand why the Jets wanted a real place of thir own rather than squatting on the grounds of a college campus.

I can see your side, and I am sure that from your point of view it sucks but you can thank your NY politicians for the results.
    </IMG>

All Pro
    [QUOTE=rich1223;2699807]this would all be great if the Jets were Jersey team which they are not! In the end this is just plain wrong!I don't know how NY city and state lets this type of stuff happen!:steamin:[/QUOTE]

Blame the knuckle heads in our city , blame Woody for no plan B in our city. I still wonder how Sheldon Silver has so much power?

I actually have a question I have been trying to google, but can't figure out. Are there ways that regular fans can go visit this new facility? I want to see it, but I doubt they'd allow fans in to check it out.

On a side note, I only wonder if they do because they let me and my buddy into the Uconn football training facility, and maaaaan was it nice!

Jersey my whole life, waiting and waiting to see them in Florham Park, and now I'm gone and won't get to. :steamin:

Practice Squad

New Jersey

America's Toxic Waste Dump!

The only state in the Union with "Scratch and Sniff" road maps.

Enjoy mutants.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=BUD329;2700048]America's Toxic Waste Dump!

Enjoy mutants.[/QUOTE]

Well, there it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Because they let politics and greed get in the way?

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=BUD329;2700048]America's Toxic Waste Dump!

Enjoy mutants.[/quote]

Never been beyond the Meadowlands in Jersey huh? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Take that Mutants!

Enjoy mutants.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.dyestat.com/3us/3in/holiday/donna/northportdmr.jpg[/IMG]

Enjoy mutants.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy your rampant HIV and rats, douche.

Hall Of Fame

Enjoy mutants.[/QUOTE]

We will enjoy them.....thank you.

Your fine state is even chasing away the Buffalo Bills...they are going to start playing some games in Toronto. Great job New Yorkers !!!!

[QUOTE=JETS_for_life;2700103]Enjoy your rampant HIV and rats, douche.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that he lived in Western Africa...

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;2700118]We will enjoy them.....thank you.

Your fine state is even chasing away the Buffalo Bills...they are going to start playing some games in Toronto. Great job New Yorkers !!!![/QUOTE]

Because if it ain't baseball, New York comes up small. I wonder why did the Jets and Giants both leave New York for New Jersey? And why is Buffalo on its way out? Why are there no significant college football programs in the New York City area?

New York treats its football like its second class, although this is no fault of the fans of the teams. Now New York can play second fiddle during football season.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 08-21-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Enjoy mutants.[/QUOTE]

Two words --- the South Bronx. It's our toxic waste dump that convinced Favre to come here in the first place. All the little NY crybabies can throw mud at Jersey all they want... they're coming and it is going to be awesome!!

Jets Insider VIP
    New York and New Jersey are both great states.