Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets/Stros

Mets/Stros

I'm sorry but looking at these matchups, they are all in favor of the mets pitching wise.

We owe some guys beatings. Backe, we need to rock this guy, same with Wolf. Just win the series and I'll be happy and hopefully the Dodgers give the Phillies trouble as they have 3 of their 5 best pitchers going in that series.

All Pro
    3/4.

We lose Monday, just like the previous 7 games went.

All League
    I'm a little worried about Wolf, but we're starting to get timely hitting now.

Santana

Since Church may return... Lineup guess vs the Righty.
    Oswalt has killed in August but he stinks vs lefties this year(800 OPS)

Reyes - SS
    Reyes - 2B
    Wright - 3B
    Delgado - 1b
    Beltran - CF
    Church - RF
    Murphy - LF
    Schneider - c

I hope we see.

Reyes
    Church
    Wright
    Delgado
    Beltran
    Murphy
    Schneider
    Reyes

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Since Church may return... Lineup guess vs the Righty.
    Oswalt has killed in August but he stinks vs lefties this year(800 OPS)
    You're probably not too far off JV, although I'd prefer not to have Argawful Reyes batting 2nd for this team ever again. Put Murphy 2nd since I doubt they'll throw Church right into the fire putting him in such a key spot.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    You're probably not too far off JV, although I'd prefer not to have Argawful Reyes batting 2nd for this team ever again. Put Murphy 2nd since I doubt they'll throw Church right into the fire putting him in such a key spot.
    Argenis hasn't been too bad in the two hole, nothing deserving being called Argawful...One thing is for sure is that we need his defense

But I agree with Murph in the 2, until Chruch can come back and prove he can hit.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Argenis hasn't been too bad in the two hole, nothing deserving being called Argawful...One thing is for sure is that we need his defense

But I agree with Murph in the 2, until Chruch can come back and prove he can hit.
    He's Castillo without the OBP skills, which is one of the best features about Castillo so that's saying alot. Really, all he should be for this team is a late inning defensive replacement.

Wow don't really think Argenis deserves the hate I mean his defense alone has saved the Mets on more than a few occasions. Anyway the way this team is playing we really should mow them down especially since the Mets will be bitter this time around after the disaster in Houston a few weeks ago. I just got tickets to Saturdays game so I am looking for Maine to put up and good showing and the Offense to blow the game wide open.

at least 3/4 is the goal here.

The one thing about this team that worries me is there bats. Even without Carlos Lee they still have a few guys in Pence and the big Puma who can hurt us and I would be scared of them stealing the games from the bullpen like they did last time.

holy **** schneider.

Santana doesn't look sharp today either. He's going to have to grind the game out.

All Pro
    Santana was fine. He gave up 8 hits, but got the outs where he needed them and went 7 scoreless innings. He's been awesome since the All Star Break -- he hasn't lost in 8 starts (he's 4-0 with some bullpen misteps) with an ERA under 2.50... It's true that he really is a second half pitcher, and along with the rest of the starting pitching he's a big part of the reason the Mets are in first...

Can't believe Schneider has been hitting HRs recently... It's like bizzaro world.

The Astros paid Johan Santana the ultimate compliment last night: They had their infield playing in on the grass in the first inning.

ERA is now 2nd in the NL and in spite of the blown wins by the bullpen he actually has had a CY YOUNG consideration season to date. Hopefully that answers all the Yankee fans concerns that were a every other Santana start thread earlier this year.

Meanwhile sure thing Phil Hughes who is now on a 5yr plan in Yankee fans minds,(just kidding) eerily has close to the same horrendous ERA and WHIP at AAA as he did earlier this season in the bigs. I understand the Phil and a bag of baseballs plus the Santana contract company line but at what point does that no longer make sense as a valid reason for not trading for Johan?.

Hughes needed 86 pitches to go 3 1/3 innings, allowing eight runs on 10 hits with six strikeouts and a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    The Astros paid Johan Santana the ultimate compliment last night: They had their infield playing in on the grass in the first inning.

ERA is now 2nd in the NL and in spite of the blown wins by the bullpen he actually has had a CY YOUNG consideration season to date. Hopefully that answers all the Yankee fans concerns that were a every other Santana start thread earlier this year.

Meanwhile sure thing Phil Hughes who is now on a 5yr plan in Yankee fans minds,(just kidding) eerily has close to the same horrendous ERA and WHIP at AAA as he did earlier this season in the bigs. I understand the Phil and a bag of baseballs plus the Santana contract company line but at what point does that no longer make sense as a valid reason for not trading for Johan?.

Hughes needed 86 pitches to go 3 1/3 innings, allowing eight runs on 10 hits with six strikeouts and a walk.
    He hasn't pitched in continous stretch for some time. His location is suffering as a result. His velocity has also taken a dip from his first few rehab starts. He's 22 for goodness sake. Give the kid some time to build up stamina and location. Hughes had 4 or 5 good outings to start off his rehab program. His last 2 have been bad. Clear case of dead arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He hasn't pitched in continous stretch for some time. His location is suffering as a result. His velocity has also taken a dip from his first few rehab starts. He's 22 for goodness sake. Give the kid some time to build up stamina and location. Hughes had 4 or 5 good outings to start off his rehab program. His last 2 have been bad. Clear case of dead arm.
    I know but hey, going from #1 prospect to Carl Pavano taking your projected spot does deserve a little good natured ribbing.

All League
    Santana didn't have his best stuff, yet he grinds it out and gives us 7 scoreless. DW has been pretty consistant as of late too.

And it looks like Ayala can be a contributor

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    He's Castillo without the OBP skills, which is one of the best features about Castillo so that's saying alot. Really, all he should be for this team is a late inning defensive replacement.
    While I agree he doesn't or hasn't yet shown OBP skills that Castillo has I think he's a better fit. In the lineup and chemestry wise. Everybody seems to like him. I know for sure he isn't the rally killer Castillo is...if Castillo doesn't get a hit he hits into a DP. When Castillo is a 100% ready to be back which is any time now i'd like to see a platoon.

All League
    It was also great to see Chruch come back and contribute with a hit. Hopefully he can get it going full steam.

More on Delgado and yet another reason the option needs to be picked up.

DailyNews:
    It's obvious that much has changed. Perhaps it's most obvious in Delgado, who, for whatever reason, has once again become both the hitter and the team leader the Mets need since Randolph was fired.

"He's the guy going to the mound, talking to the pitchers, running the thing out there. And that's a good thing."

Martinez took such talk a step further, making Delgado sound like a latter-day Keith Hernandez, changing the game with his awareness of situations and hitters.

"He's speaking to us about everything that goes on," Martinez said. "I can't tell you everything, but he is really making a difference."

Nobody says exactly when and why Delgado began investing this way, and maybe Randolph would still be here if he'd done it sooner. But that's a casualty Mets fans surely can live with for what they're seeing from this team right now.

All Pro
    Hopefully Maine can last more than 5 innings tonight. Having our starting pitching last long has been very valuable to the bullpen.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Hopefully Maine can last more than 5 innings tonight. Having our starting pitching last long has been very valuable to the bullpen.
    Agreed. I'm getting a little tired of seeing Maine go 5 innings. They are uuslly a good 5 innings but he needs to step up and go deep like. Hell even Pedro threw 7 the other day...