Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankees v. Orioles @ Baltimore

All Pro

Yankees v. Orioles @ Baltimore

Friday, August 22 @ 7:05
    Mike Mussina, RHP (16-7, 3.35) v. Radhames Liz, RHP (4-3, 7.47)

Saturday, August 23 @ 7:05
    Carl Pavano, RHP (0-0, -.--) v. Jeremy Guthrie, RHP (10-9, 3.15)

Sunday, August 24 @ 1:35

Darrell Rasner, RHP (5-9, 4.93) v. Daniel Cabrera, RHP (8-8, 4.98)

All Pro
    please sweep....please

All Pro
    Pavano? Screw it, I hope he gets lit up like a christmas tree, and hurts his arm in the process.

The abusrdity of this season continues in Yankeeland. Are we really gonna see CARL PAVANO on the mound tomorrow? Don't count me as surprised if he gets a paper cut or stubs his toe before the game and can't pitch. It's Carl Pavano.

It wouldn't be a total shock if he went 6 innings and gave up 3 runs in a victory.

and left the game with some sort of "stiffness"...what a loser pavano is....dont know which move was worse...kei igawa or this ass-clown....

Quote Originally Posted by KotiteKid View Post
    and left the game with some sort of "stiffness"...what a loser pavano is....dont know which move was worse...kei igawa or this ass-clown....
    I'd say Pavano because he has cost us slightly more if you include luxury tax. Plus we could have rid ourselves of Igawa last year as he was claimed on waivers by the Padres... Mistake by Cashman on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I'd say Pavano because he has cost us slightly more if you include luxury tax. Plus we could have rid ourselves of Igawa last year as he was claimed on waivers by the Padres... Mistake by Cashman on that one.
    Really? I don't remember that at all... Would we have had to eat any of the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Really? I don't remember that at all... Would we have had to eat any of the contract?
    We would have eaten the $26M that we already paid the team he was on, but the rest of the 5 year/$20M contract we gave him would have been gone. At the time, given his K/9 in AAA I could understand not just giving away a $4M a year starting pitcher, but it was obviously a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    We would have eaten the $26M that we already paid the team he was on, but the rest of the 5 year/$20M contract we gave him would have been gone. At the time, given his K/9 in AAA I could understand not just giving away a $4M a year starting pitcher, but it was obviously a huge mistake.
    how many more mistakes does cashman get to make??? ..i know i know i'll go rant in the CMG thread....

Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    It wouldn't be a total shock if he went 6 innings and gave up 3 runs in a victory.
    I was close.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Not a Pavano fan.

However, he did not look bad yesterday and he gets a nod for hitting Millar right after Rodriguez was nailed. Nice clean hit to the back.

Hit Yankee=Giambi 2 run bomb to center.

Hit Oriole=ouch, nothing.

I'll take it, in this awful season.

Carl Pavano: “This is what I get paid to do, obviously. This is what I live for. This is all I really know, to go out there every fifth day and do my job.”
    Is he trying to be funny?

UPDATE, 10:14 p.m.: Carl Pavano has won his last two starts. OK, so they were 501 days apart. But still.
    LOL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

LOL
    I mean really, what else can he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

LOL
    Did you hear his interview with Kay just now on the pregame? Tried to be PC when Kay asked about his contract, saying he was worrying about getting 'his' team to the playoffs.

This has to be a whatever it takes just get the W game for the Yanks.

Good to see Girardi managing it that way as well, though the pen has let him down so far.

Great series by the bullpen this series. Starters gave them a lot of work.

Two runs over 12.2 innings.

Nice to see Robby hitting well.

I firmly believed that we needed to sweep the O's to have a chance at the playoffs. And I also firmly believe that 2/3 is absolutely necessary against the Sox, with a sweep being almost necessary.

Jeez if we ever swept we would be only 2 back. Its nice to dream

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    please sweep....please
    YESSSSS!!!!!!

Let's go beat up on those f'in sUx now