Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Kay care to comment on Santana now?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael Kay care to comment on Santana now?

My guess would be probably not...saying Santana "must be considered a disapointment" to the Mets bc he hadn't been dominating was stupid at the time he said it...since he was fine to that point, & has been his usual unhittable 2nd half self just makes Kay look worse...How 'bout Kay, Waldman & Sterling listen Darling, Cohen & Hernandez for a few games with a notepad & pen?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    My guess would be probably not...saying Santana "must be considered a disapointment" to the Mets bc he hadn't been dominating was stupid at the time he said it...since he was fine to that point, & has been his usual unhittable 2nd half self just makes Kay look worse...How 'bout Kay, Waldman & Sterling listen Darling, Cohen & Hernandez for a few games with a notepad & pen?
    Keep your kids away from this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Keep you're ice cream away from this guy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankee fan Mike Franseca called Cohen, Keith and Darling the best trio by far in the business. There isn't a Yankee broadcaster radio or TV who can call a game on the same level as Cohen. He also doen't have YES producers in his headset making sure he backtracks if legite Yankee critiques slip out of his mouth......see complete reversal on Girardi non bunt last saturday by Kay and Leiter if you don't understand what I mean.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

your savage and cohen is your CuMar

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Yankee fan Mike Franseca called Cohen, Keith and Darling the best trio by far in the business. There isn't a Yankee broadcaster radio or TV who can call a game on the same level as Cohen. He also doen't have YES producers in his headset making sure he backtracks if legite Yankee critiques slip out of his mouth......see complete reversal on Girardi non bunt last saturday by Kay and Leiter if you don't understand what I mean.
    The last part is complete bull****, but other than that I agree, I love Darling and Keith. Cohen is good at calling a game, but he hates the Yankees, and doesn't hide it.

By the way.. Sterling is nuts, but the guy is fun to listen to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last part is complete bull****, but other than that I agree, I love Darling and Keith. Cohen is good at calling a game, but he hates the Yankees, and doesn't hide it.

He has had some terrible calls lately(screwups). The Ransom for Nady HR when it was Giambi he PH for.

Yesterday he had the call "Hansom Ransom" and on Nady's HR, "It's in the gap and it's GONE!"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    He has had some terrible calls lately(screwups). The Ransom for Nady HR when it was Giambi he PH for.

Yesterday he had the call "Hansom Ransom" and on Nady's HR, "It's in the gap and it's GONE!"
    LOL... Hansom Ransom, haha

Now that is funny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post

Youi will learn about Santana once the post season starts

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post

Please don't put any ideas in Sean's head.
    Last thing we need is 20 Ransom threads.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Youi will learn about Santana once the post season starts

What will we learn?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

not really. the guy is a total corn ball. his homerun calls are just flat out annoying. if i had to listen to that idiot say something like "it's a space flight by david wright" i'd pull a jetsrule128 in the bushes by his house and pull out his damn vocal chords with my bare hands. the guy sucks my nutsack hairs...and that's being nice.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't put any ideas in Sean's head.
    Last thing we need is 20 Ransom threads.
    Ransom is 32 years old.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    not really. the guy is a total corn ball. his homerun calls are just flat out annoying. if i had to listen to that idiot say something like "it's a space flight by david wright" i'd pull a jetsrule128 in the bushes by his house and pull out his damn vocal chords with my bare hands. the guy sucks my nutsack hairs...and that's being nice.
    To each his own.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What will we learn?

The knock on hin coming into the year is a big game pitcher. We shall see if he is if the Mets qualify for the post season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The knock on hin coming into the year is a big game pitcher. We shall see if he is if the Mets qualify for the post season.
    He hasn't really had much of a chance... that book hasn't been written yet. He was good in his last post season start in 2006 vs the A's. His poor starts where when he was a young man.

EDIT: Actually he's pitched well in his 2 starts in 2004 also. So he's been impressive his last 3 post season starts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, his first couple of years he was bad....The first year as a relief pitcher his era was close to 9.00....In 2003 he was not very good either...In game one against the Yanks he pitched 4 scoreless innings but came out of the game for some reason.....The twins ended up winning the game 3-1....His only poor performance in 5 post season starts came in game 4 of that series when the Yanks roughed him up....

In 2004 he was 1-0 with an era of 0.75 in 2 starts, i believe the win came against the Yankees....

In 2006 he lost his only start but pitched very well going 8 innings giving up 5 hits and 2 er....

So in his last 3 post season starts he is 1-1....20 ip....19 h...3 er....5 bb and 20 k's....
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 08-23-2008 at 11:16 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    Not really, his first couple of years he was bad....The first year as a relief pitcher his era was close to 9.00....In 2003 he was not very good either...

In 2004 he was 1-0 with an era of 0.75 in 2 starts, i believe the win came against the Yankees....

In 2006 he lost his only start but pitched very well going 8 innings giving up 5 hits and 2 er....

So in his last 3 post season starts he is 1-1....20 ip....19 h...3 er....5 bb and 20 k's....

He is 1-3 with almost a 4.00 ERA in the post season, big game pitchers find ways to win these games.
    Last edited by Boynton Beach Jets; 08-23-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    His last 20 post season innings he has allowed 3 ER's total.

His only poor post season start was 5 years ago against the Yanks on short rest. 4 of his 5 post season starts have come against a Yankee line-up which was the best that money could buy at the time. The Twins scored 2 or less runs in 3 of those starts.

Could he have a bad post season? Sure, anyone can but pointing to his history as a "knock" is not solid or valid evidence.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is 1-3 with almost a 4.00 ERA in the post season, big game pitchers find ways to win these games.
    I think it is a stretch to say he has been poor in the post season. Look at his last 25 or so innings. Are we really going to criticize numbers 5-6 years ago when he was 23-24 years old?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-23-2008 at 11:35 AM.