Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We should trade Coles to Miami ( no rumour)

We should trade Coles to Miami ( no rumour)

OK I am going to get crucufied but I think we should break from tradition and trade Coles within the division to Miami. It would be an easy one to make and one that is ultimately beneficial to both teams. Coles would jump at the chance to be reunited with his favorite QB and would restructure or do whatever he needs to do with his contract to go there. Miami needs another reciever bad and Coles even with the injury concerns worry has some value. We could probably get a conditional pick that could be as high as a 2nd possibly or maybe two picks with one as high as a 3rd and 4th.

Now, I do KNOW that Coles at least on paper is our #1. He is also probably my favorite Jet player but I put the team first. Here is my logic for the trade:

1. He is suspect from an injury standpoint. If we do not trade him, we may not get that much play from him anyway this year

2. He has not played that much, and has not built that much rapport and timing with Brett.

3. He is clearly very upset with the release of Pennington and some of that negativity WILL eventually permeate the locker room regardess of how classy and professional he tries to be.

4. I believe our receivers are much better than they have appaeared with our OL and with Kellen and Chad the last couple years.

5. Keeping #4 in mind, we are likely going to be forced to give up on one of the receivers if we do not make the trade: Look at our recievers:

Cothchery (looked like a #1 to me last night)
    Smith ( looked like a legitimate #2 last night and is deadly in the open field and on ST
    Stuckey (Has had a great camp and is VERY similar to Cotchery early in his career)
    Clowney (injured but not seriosuly and in pre-season has been spectacular. He is always open, has great hands, and has breakaway speed. We need to keep him and develop him.
    Wright He is in the Top 5 gunners in the NFL and maybe Top 3. He gets a roster spot on that alone. However, he also seems to make plays every time he is put in at WR. He is not a 1 and not a 2 right not either, but he is a pretty strong 3 and with his ST ability you just have to have him on the roster
    Henry Here is a guy that is really starting to flash. He has GREAT size, runs good routes and does not seem to play slow. He has good hands and seems to be a "football player" and understand the game. Doubtful, even with the slight collusion that goes in in PS transition that he would make it.

When I look at that list, there is no one I would not be REALLY upset at losing. I think that those guys, with Ball and Raymond on the PS represent a fantastic WR corps for Brett and Brett II (I think hes the future)for the next 5 years or more. Which brings us to:

6. Coles likey plays at most 2 more years on the Jets. Maybe he plays longer for Miami if he stays healthy, but the 2 year guarantee from Tanny shows he is not in our plans for longer than that.

7. Miami would not become that much more of a threat with Coles and feel we should definitely still beat them twice.

The more and more I think about it the more I believe we should trade Coles. Even if it is not to Miami but to an NFC team. I think we could get a deal done to Miami though really fast.

We are going to lose at least 1 of these guys and if we trade Coles, we can keep our very strong WR core, and in the draft next year have additional ammunition to address depth at RB, OL or safety. I really believe it is the best move both this year for the Jets and for the future.
    Last edited by johnnysd; 08-24-2008 at 06:48 PM.

All League
    too many unproven recievers on this team to even think about that....no way

Parcells would not give up picks for Coles. The Dolphins are in a building phase, why would Tuna give up valuable picks for a 30+ receiver? Besides the Jets would be nuts to trade Coles, as sick as I am of his behavior, he is very talented and will work well with Favre.

All League
    Oh ya, let's trade one of our top 2 WRs, who's always been solid up until last year, and has a good connection with Chad??? Ya that makes a whole lotta sense

All Pro
    the only way we trade him would be if we were landing another WR, ie. Boldin.

Going into the season with Favre and Cotch as the only proven WR is damn near competitive suicide

coles is guaranteed 11 million over the next 2 years, he isn't going anywhere.

I agree we should trade him but not to Miami. Coles is still a dangerous WR that can hurt the Jets. I think Coles is pulling a John Abraham and isnt hurt as bad as he is indicating. He is pissed he lost his boyfriend and isnt willing to put himself out to develop any Chemistry with Farve. Right now he has got no preseason work with Farve making him more of being a wrench to the gears of this offense then a weapon its obvious that he has hard feelings toward Farve and could things could blow up between Coles and Farve if the Jets dont win right away putting more strain on the Farve Jets relationship. My feeling is Coles should have been gone last year to KC when the Jets had the chance now you have a potential cancer that could derail the entire progress the Jets have made in the offseason.
    I hope Im wrong but Im seeing things about Coles I dont like all starting with Coles demand for a bigger contract.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    OK I am going to get crucufied but I think we should break from tradition and trade Coles within the division to Miami. It would be an easy one to make and one that is ultimately beneficial to both teams. Coles would jump at the chance to be reunited with his favorite QB and would restructure or do whatever he needs to do with his contract to go there. Miami needs another reciever bad and Coles even with the injury concerns worry has some value. We could probably get a conditional pick that could be as high as a 2nd possibly or maybe two picks with one as high as a 3rd and 4th.

Now, I do KNOW that Coles at least on paper is our #1. He is also probably my favorite Jet player but I put the team first. Here is my logic for the trade:

1. He is suspect from an injury standpoint. If we do not trade him, we may not get that much play from him anyway this year

2. He has not played that much, and has not built that much rapport and timing with Brett.

3. He is clearly very upset with the release of Pennington and some of that negativity WILL eventually permeate the locker room regardess of how classy and professional he tries to be.

4. I believe our receivers are much better than they have appaeared with our OL and with Kellen and Chad the last couple years.

5. Keeping #4 in mind, we are likely going to be forced to give up on one of the receivers if we do not make the trade: Look at our recievers:

Smith ( looked like a legitimate #2 last night and is deadly in the open field and on ST
    Stuckey (Has had a great camp and is VERY similar to Cotchery early in his career)
    Clowney (injured but not seriosuly and in pre-season has been spectacular. He is always open, has great hands, and has breakaway speed. We need to keep him and develop him.
    Wright He is in the Top 5 gunners in the NFL and maybe Top 3. He gets a roster spot on that alone. However, he also seems to make plays every time he is put in at WR. He is not a 1 and not a 2 right not either, but he is a pretty strong 3 and with his ST ability you just have to have him on the roster
    Henry Here is a guy that is really starting to flash. He has GREAT size, runs good routes and does not seem to play slow. He has good hands and seems to be a "football player" and understand the game. Doubtful, even with the slight collusion that goes in in PS transition that he would make it.

When I look at that list, there is no one I would not be REALLY upset at losing. I think that those guys, with Ball and Raymond on the PS represent a fantastic WR corps for Brett and Brett II (I think hes the future)for the next 5 years or more. Which brings us to:

6. Coles likey plays at most 2 more years on the Jets. Maybe he plays longer for Miami if he stays healthy, but the 2 year guarantee from Tanny shows he is not in our plans for longer than that.

7. Miami would not become that much more of a threat with Coles and feel we should definitely still beat them twice.

The more and more I think about it the more I believe we should trade Coles. Even if it is not to Miami but to an NFC team. I think we could get a deal done to Miami though really fast.

We are going to lose at least 1 of these guys and if we trade Coles, we can keep our very strong WR core, and in the draft next year have additional ammunition to address depth at RB, OL or safety. I really believe it is the best move both this year for the Jets and for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I agree we should trade him but not to Miami. Coles is still a dangerous WR that can hurt the Jets. I think Coles is pulling a John Abraham and isnt hurt as bad as he is indicating. He is pissed he lost his boyfriend and isnt willing to put himself out to develop any Chemistry with Farve. Right now he has got no preseason work with Farve making him more of being a wrench to the gears of this offense then a weapon its obvious that he has hard feelings toward Farve and could things could blow up between Coles and Farve if the Jets dont win right away putting more strain on the Farve Jets relationship. My feeling is Coles should have been gone last year to KC when the Jets had the chance now you have a potential cancer that could derail the entire progress the Jets have made in the offseason.
    I hope Im wrong but Im seeing things about Coles I dont like all starting with Coles demand for a bigger contract.

OOOH, I see what this is REALLY about. Chad was Coles' friend. Big freakin deal.

And he has been developing chemistry with Favre.

Yea trading Coles makes perfect sense for a team that just traded for a 38 year old QB and is serious about contending.

Do you really think Coles would be that disturbed about Chad leaving the team? He's not in 7th grade where his best friend moves out of town or something and goes to another school. Would he be upset at first... of course. But ultimately he's a professional. If he were outspoken and told everyone he was upset he would be bashed for him saying something. But he's keeping quiet to himself, not making any waves and he's still getting bashed. Cut the guy some slack, he's one of the few Jets that atually puts it all out on the field every single game.

Sure I'll trade Coles to Miami, a 2nd or two condiotional picks though? NO CHANCE!

Thge question for something like this is what is in it for us and if youa re offering only a 2nd I hang up the phone. To make a trade to a division rival they'd have to knock my socks off with an offer.

Also, we need Coles, the guys behind Cotchery have looked nice in preseason but are not near the level of Coles. Coles likes to ***** about things but when the time comes to play he plays hard, he plays hurt and he produces so unless Miami offered us the farm there is no way we are doing them a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    But he's keeping quiet to himself, not making any waves and he's still getting bashed. Cut the guy some slack, he's one of the few Jets that atually puts it all out on the field every single game.

If every player on the Jets played with the same level of intensity of Coles, the Jets will win the SB. That guy is the definition of tough.

Drew Coleman is such a good depth player, don't you think?

(is it possible to completely change the subject on a completely ridiculous thread?)

People talk about how NE developed their dynasty and they did it by getting value for players before they lost all value, and we need to do that with Coles. I really feel that he will not contriubute much this year, and in the end we will regret not having traded him (he should already be gone) It seems to me that so many fans just refuse to acknowledge that a name player is just not as good as he was and it is better to move on. We are at that crossroads with Coles.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    dump

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

People talk about how NE developed their dynasty and they did it by getting value for players before they lost all value, and we need to do that with Coles. I really feel that he will not contriubute much this year, and in the end we will regret not having traded him (he should already be gone) It seems to me that so many fans just refuse to acknowledge that a name player is just not as good as he was and it is better to move on. We are at that crossroads with Coles.

Listen, no disrespect Johnny but arent U the same guy who made this post on 5/22/08??? "Clemens will beat Chad, Chad will not take a pay cut and be cut or traded."

Sorry boyz & girlz, link : http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=170297

Well hindsight is one thing, foresight is another.

All League
    I agree but only if we can ship Favre and Jenkins in the same package

I think the best point you bring up is "Brad Smith looked like a legitimate #2 last night and is deadly in the open field and on ST." You sure he didnt look like a #1 receiver? I mean he is a playmaker and is one of the top 5 wr's in the entire NFL, easy. I have a better trade idea. How about we trade you to the Dolphins Fineheaven message board for free?