Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: mets putrid offensive late game productiom

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

mets putrid offensive late game productiom

taken from metsblog
    According to our old friend, DJ Short, while the Mets lead all of baseball in runs scored during the first six innings of the game, they are tied for last in the National League in runs scored from the seventh inning on
    i forget who i was talkin to last week about this but....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    taken from metsblog

i forget who i was talkin to last week about this but....
    That was me. I know they have been dreadful late in games, but the offense has been better than I expected overall, and has not been the main problem the whole year. Anytime you score the 2nd amount of runs in the league you must be doing something right

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    That was me. I know they have been dreadful late in games, but the offense has been better than I expected overall, and has not been the main problem the whole year. Anytime you score the 2nd amount of runs in the league you must be doing something right
    you are right, but it just a lil odd that they are so good early in games and so bad late in games....kinda like they set to coast and try to hold on for the win

like i said in that other thread if they put there foot on their opponents throat when they are up in games in would hide the fact that the bullpen is so terrible a lil better