Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees v. Boston @ Yankee Staduim

All Pro

Yankees v. Boston @ Yankee Staduim

Tuesday, August 26 @ 7:05

Tim Wakefield, RHP (7-8, 3.67) v. Andy Pettitte, LHP (13-9, 4.17)

Wednesday, August 27 @ 7:05

Paul Byrd, RHP (8-11, 4.61) v. Sidney Ponson, RHP (7-4, 4.67)

Thursday, August 28 @ 1:05

Jon Lester, LHP (12-5, 3.49) v. Mike Mussina, RHP (16-7, 3.45)

All Pro
    we got a break here fella we get to miss Beckett and get Wakefield who is just back from the DL. Hopefuly we can take advantage of him early and where out that pen for the next two games. IMO we should win the first 2 and thursday is tough. we havent hit Lester this year but it's gotta start sometime plus we got Moose on the mound. not much more we could ask for in this series. we got a break, we need to take advantage of it!

Lets make it 6 in a row

Let's go Yankees!!!!

All Pro
    would be so so sweet to sweep the sUx the last time we play them in this Yankee Stadium (so excited about this series I messed up the thread title )

Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    we got a break here fella we get to miss Beckett and get Wakefield who is just back from the DL. Hopefuly we can take advantage of him early and where out that pen for the next two games. IMO we should win the first 2 and thursday is tough. we havent hit Lester this year but it's gotta start sometime plus we got Moose on the mound. not much more we could ask for in this series. we got a break, we need to take advantage of it!

Lets make it 6 in a row

Let's go Yankees!!!!
    Wakefield own us. So does Lester. I feel like I'm going to watch the end of our our playoff runs this week.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    Wakefield own us. So does Lester. I feel like I'm going to watch the end of our our playoff runs this week.
    come on, they dont have Lowell or Drew and obviously Manny. I am pretty sure Varitek is hurting too. we have our two best going and Ponson has been pretty good for us excluding his last start. Plus Lester gave up 10 (I think) in his last start. he is a young pitcher and maybe he is getting spent this late in the season and he is going against Moose!

we should def. win 2/3 and a sweep is not that far fetched

can't I get a little optimisum out of you guys

Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    come on, they dont have Lowell or Drew and obviously Manny. I am pretty sure Varitek is hurting too. we have our two best going and Ponson has been pretty good for us excluding his last start. Plus Lester gave up 10 (I think) in his last start. he is a young pitcher and maybe he is getting spent this late in the season and he is going against Moose!

we should def. win 2/3 and a sweep is not that far fetched

can't I get a little optimisum out of you guys
    Maybe it's because this team hasn't shown me any grit. And that's what we need to beat this Red Sox team. Pedroia, Lowery, Elsbury, and Youkilis will grind out at bats and wear out our pitchers and get on base. We'll be swinging for the fences and yea, I haven't seen much positivity this season at all when it comes to that unspoken factor, heart. If there is a time and place for us to show something it's this series. I'm just afraid it's going to be some of these painful 3-2 losses or something.

We don't have that swagger anymore. This team looks old, beat up, and broken.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post

Wakefield doesn't own the Yanks. He did in 2003 up until Boone's HR, but he definitely doesn't own them.

Banned
    I'd be happy to get 2 out of 3 in this series.

Come on guys!!!!

THIS IS THE RED SOX!

Where is the anger towards them?

THIS IS OUT LAST SEASON IN THIS YANKEE STADIUM! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS GOOOOOOO!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by person View Post
    Wakefield doesn't own the Yanks. He did in 2003 up until Boone's HR, but he definitely doesn't own them.
    +1. The Yankees have absolutely schooled Wakefield the past 4 years:

2-9, 5.96 ERA

Regardless, I want a sweep, but I doubt we'll come close.

The pitching match ups are actually in our favor even the Ponson/Byrd game which should come down to the bullpens...Both Ponson and Byrd will get hit hard...The Red Sox are in terrible shape with no Manny, Lowell and Nancy out of the lineup so the Yankees actually have a very good shot at a sweep this series...This is the first time all season i have felt this good going into a big series...I hope and pray they don't botch this opportunity up because this is their last chance right here...Andy needs to set the tone with a good pitching performance tonight and the offense has to be consistent...

Lets Go Yankees

All Pro

Tonight's Line-ups

YANKEES (70-60)
    Damon CF
    Jeter SS
    Abreu RF
    Rodriguez 3B
    Giambi 1B
    Nady LF
    Matsui DH
    Cano 2B
    Molina C

Pettitte LHP

RED SOX (75-55)
    Ellsbury RF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Youkilis 3B
    Bay LF
    Lowrie SS
    Crisp CF
    Bailey 1B
    Cash C

Wakefield RHP

All Pro
    come on guys you gotta get up at least for today's game the sUx are basically giving us 3 outs (maybe 4) in that lineup

Well the Sox have been banged up all season. So them playing this injured type lineup they have done all season, so the team will be confident they can win. But poor Wakefield always seems to get the injured lineup. No wonder he has a losing record meanwhile he has pitched well all season. I am not sure how long it takes to get a knuckelball feel back after an injury, but I have a fealing he will be rusty, and that ball will not be dancing as usual.

The Red Sox seem to handle Ponson, and Mussina well. I think they will this searies also. I am curious to see how the Yanks pitch Ortiz with Manny no longer there.

There will be no sweep by either team this series, so bottom line it will either be a 4 game lead or a 6 game lead when all is said is done, not a huge difference either way. the good news for the Sox is that after this series they play practically the whole month of September at home. I think the Sox can make a run at the divison still, but they have to take care of business between the YAnks and White Sox over the next 6 games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Well the Sox have been banged up all season. So them playing this injured type lineup they have done all season, so the team will be confident they can win. But poor Wakefield always seems to get the injured lineup. No wonder he has a losing record meanwhile he has pitched well all season. I am not sure how long it takes to get a knuckelball feel back after an injury, but I have a fealing he will be rusty, and that ball will not be dancing as usual.

The Red Sox seem to handle Ponson, and Mussina well. I think they will this searies also. I am curious to see how the Yanks pitch Ortiz with Manny no longer there.

There will be no sweep by either team this series, so bottom line it will either be a 4 game lead or a 6 game lead when all is said is done, not a huge difference either way. the good news for the Sox is that after this series they play practically the whole month of September at home. I think the Sox can make a run at the divison still, but they have to take care of business between the YAnks and White Sox over the next 6 games.
    nah Manny handled Moose well
    Last edited by LI2OH; 08-26-2008 at 04:25 PM.

whoopee.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    There will be no sweep by either team this series, so bottom line it will either be a 4 game lead or a 6 game lead when all is said is done, not a huge difference either way.
    Are you nuts ??

A two game swing with 29 games left is "not a huge difference" ??

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    The pitching match ups are actually in our favor even the Ponson/Byrd game which should come down to the bullpens...Both Ponson and Byrd will get hit hard...The Red Sox are in terrible shape with no Manny, Lowell and Nancy out of the lineup so the Yankees actually have a very good shot at a sweep this series...This is the first time all season i have felt this good going into a big series...I hope and pray they don't botch this opportunity up because this is their last chance right here...Andy needs to set the tone with a good pitching performance tonight and the offense has to be consistent...

Lets Go Yankees

Agree there is no reason for the Yanks to not take this series with the shape the Sox are in. Bay has been very good along with Lowrie but Lowell and Drew will be missed. Lester should be the only shot the Sox have of winning a game. Let's see what Girardi gets out of this team with the season on the line.

Sweep and Sean will even be back leading the bandwagon....Talk about your frontrunners.

Good luck!

Hall Of Fame
    Anything less than 2 out of 3 and time is suddenly running out on us. I honestly think we are set to go on a big time run. I see 5 out of 6 minimum in the next 6 and that would make us a major player in the WC hunt.

this ump reynolds SUCKS...squeezing Andy in the 1st