Thread: Arod

Arod

Last night's game was the Yankee's last chance to get back in the wild card race. Arod made sure they didn't win. Once again he has come to a team with more talent than anyone, fluffed up his numbers, & not delivered when it counts...and Yankee fans have seen him do this before- many times before. And they're stuck with him.

Hall Of Fame
    Grounded into 2 double plays and had an error... Not to mention Jeter and Abreu had 4 hits infront of him and AROD went 0-5.

I am not an AROD hater at all... but you just can't accept a performance like last night with so little time left of the clock that is our season.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    & not delivered when it counts...
    Thats not what Madonna said.

I have been a supporter of AROD since he came here, always told my yankee buddies we just need to leave him alone, everything he does he gets ridiculed for, from not hitting, to off the field, to leaving the ASG etc..

But I am done with him...I am just convinced he will never be able to succeed here because it is just in his head...NY makes or breaks a player..and he can't cut it here...sadly we are stuck with him..

All League
    Listen, I am not going to kill A-Rod for last night. I've always been a supporter of his since he got here and will continute to be as long as he wears the Pinstripes. He's not having a great season, but he is having a good season...not a great season. He hasn't hit in the clutch this year and has missed opportunites to come through (i.e. last night). That being said, let's not forget we wouldn't have made the playoffs last year without him, he simply carried us to Octoboer last year. Otherwise we would be staring at 2 consecutive non-playoff seasons. He's won 2 MVP's and has played a very good third base since coming here. The reason we are going to miss the playoffs this year goes a lot deeper then A-Rod going 0-5 last night. Injuries, no clutch hitting, pitching woes, the bottom of the order doing NOTHING, and there is not one guy on this team having a great season. Let's not kill A-Rod right now, let's realize we are a flawed team and hope Hank, Hal, and Cash do the right things this winter to make sure we are back in the playoffs in 2009.
    Last edited by Dumps; 08-27-2008 at 09:27 AM.

Two.

The number of RBI A-Rod has had in the 8th and 9th innings all season long.

TWO.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Two.

TWO.

TWO.

The number of the excrement that AROD is playing like.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Two.

TWO.

That's almost $13 Million per late-inning RBI. Not bad.