my yankee offseason

If I was the yankees I would let go
    giambi
    pavano-edited did
    rodriguez
    abreau
    mussina
    pettite

that is almost 80 million that we have to spend even after paying 4-5 million of pavanos and resigning marte.

That is 80-85 million we have to go and get
    texiera
    sabathia or sheets
    looper
    lyon

i know it is kind of rough will be more focused once i know who the real FA's are. Just looking for some discussion and some glimmer of hope that we won't suck next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    giambi
    pavano-edited did
    rodriguez
    abreau
    mussina
    pettite

that is almost 80 million that we have to spend even after paying 4-5 million of pavanos and resigning marte.

texiera
    sabathia or sheets
    looper
    lyon

i know it is kind of rough will be more focused once i know who the real FA's are. Just looking for some discussion and some glimmer of hope that we won't suck next year.
    Abreu*
    Pettitte*

We gotta keep Moose or Pettitte, one of them.

Rodriguez... Pudge? A-Rod isn't going anywhere.

All Pro
    Id stay away from Sheets. That seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Id stay away from Sheets. That seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
    Yeah, defiantly agree. Same thing for Burnett when he opts out of his contract with the Jays.

Banned
    giambi
    pavano-edited did
    rodriguez
    abreau
    mussina
    pettite

texiera
    sabathia or sheets
    looper
    lyon

Keep both Mussina and Pettite. Then go out and sign Tex and Sabathia.

The yankees are going to spend 360M for Teix and Sabathia?

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    LOL.. Yankees are probably going to spend big this offseason, with the move to the new stadium, but Tex and Sabathia is pushing it.

I don't care, as long as this man is a Yankee!

Why would we let Pettitte and/or Moose go and replace them with a much worse pitcher in Looper? Looper in the AL would be a disaster. Moose has been awesome, and he's not doing it with smoke and mirrors. Moose, to me, is almost a must re-sign. And Lyon sucks too.

Ideally, you re-sign Moose and Petttitte both to 1 year deals, with Moose getting an option based on innings (although you may have to go 2 years with him... I'd try to offer him more money in a 1 year deal).

I love Sheets' stuff, but his injury history scares me big time. I'd rather go after Sabathia. 6/$120M with no money backloaded. That should be close enough to do the trick you would hope.

The offense needs improvements, especially when we let Abreu go. Mark Teixeira has to be the guy, despite the fact that I hate going after a big time first baseman, especially when his agent is Boras. There is no way that he will be worth the money we (or whichever team) will give him. If he is too absurd (and Boras will be seeking at least $200M, although I don't think he gets that), you have to go after Adam Dunn. He'll be pricey too, but he is a big bopper that we could use.

Go after Rocco Baldelli, who is a FA. He'd be perfect for CF. If he wants a 1 year deal so he can prove that he's healthy so he can get a bigger contract for the following year, great, do that. If he wants 2 years, do that too. He's a risk, but a good risk to take.

And that should just about do it. Team:

1B: Tex/Dunn
    2B: Cano
    SS: Jeter
    3B: A-Rod
    RF: Nady
    CF: Baldelli
    LF: Damon
    DH: Matsui

SP: Sabathia
    SP: Wang
    SP: Moose
    SP: Pettitte
    SP: Joba - He's the 5th starter because you will have to watch his innings and may need to skip starts

The relievers will include Marte, as I'd pick up that option.

They might...

All League
    giambi
    pavano-edited did
    rodriguez
    abreau
    mussina
    pettite

texiera
    sabathia or sheets
    looper
    lyon

was it weed?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Why would we let Pettitte and/or Moose go and replace them with a much worse pitcher in Looper? Looper in the AL would be a disaster. Moose has been awesome, and he's not doing it with smoke and mirrors. Moose, to me, is almost a must re-sign. And Lyon sucks too.

Ideally, you re-sign Moose and Petttitte both to 1 year deals, with Moose getting an option based on innings (although you may have to go 2 years with him... I'd try to offer him more money in a 1 year deal).

I love Sheets' stuff, but his injury history scares me big time. I'd rather go after Sabathia. 6/$120M with no money backloaded. That should be close enough to do the trick you would hope.

The offense needs improvements, especially when we let Abreu go. Mark Teixeira has to be the guy, despite the fact that I hate going after a big time first baseman, especially when his agent is Boras. There is no way that he will be worth the money we (or whichever team) will give him. If he is too absurd (and Boras will be seeking at least $200M, although I don't think he gets that), you have to go after Adam Dunn. He'll be pricey too, but he is a big bopper that we could use.

Go after Rocco Baldelli, who is a FA. He'd be perfect for CF. If he wants a 1 year deal so he can prove that he's healthy so he can get a bigger contract for the following year, great, do that. If he wants 2 years, do that too. He's a risk, but a good risk to take.

SP: Joba - He's the 5th starter because you will have to watch his innings and may need to skip starts

Sabathia is going to get more money then Santana which means 7 years/140-160M.

Teix is going to want 20M annually.

We're on the same page, though I don't see the Yankees paying both Sabathia and Tex.

Not sure this is the year the Yankees get whoever they want in FA. I see the LA teams being big players, the Angels for Teixeira and the Dodgers for Sabathia (Who it's rumored wants to be on the West Coast).

If I had to guess, I think they keep Giambi (Decline option and work out an 1 year deal for less), Pettitte, and Mussina. I think they look at (And probably sign) someone like Sheets and Baldelli (I do think you end up getting more out of Sheets then you would expect, not so much with Baldelli). Depending on Posada's health, I could see a trade for Gerald Laird.....and the Yankees looking to spend money to sure up the bullpen.

Baldeli is a FA? Says he is arbi eligible on yahoo.

Baldeli is a FA? Says he is arbi eligible on yahoo.
    He had an option in his contract that the Rays declined back in April, he'll be an FA after the season.

A Rod for Beltran and a bag of peanuts?
    Yeah, I know

All Pro

I am not sold on two 41 year old pitchers obv looper would not be a ace but for depth and a 5th he would be fine.....I am looking to nbuild our team with homegerown talent besides a few players

I agree for the most part. I go hard after Sabathia. How comfortable is everyone with Posada catching? I think that is a huge question mark. First base might have to be an option for him.

pavano-edited did
    Where did Pavano go?