Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Uefa Cup 08-09

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,000
    Goal Kewell, 26th minute



  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,000
    Nikopolidis should have tipped that..

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    AG I'm sorry but your guys just weren't up to it... The match should've been 3-0 at least there was some unbelievable misses on our part.

    But you should be fine, I think you'll get full 6 points in Pireus and qualify. For us this was the most important match I believe we'll beat the Ukranians at home easily and get at least a point from Hertha Berlin.

    And BTW I heard that the club didn't let the fans open the central part of the banner they prepared because it was "politically motivated". The white triangle in the middle had something but I don't know exactly what.

    Last edited by The Turk; 10-24-2008 at 02:25 AM.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    I guess this is why RD doesn't like this cup very much

    Schalke 3 - PSG 1

    Paulies boys beat Herenveen 3-1 away

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,974
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I guess this is why RD doesn't like this cup very much

    Schalke 3 - PSG 1

    Paulies boys beat Herenveen 3-1 away
    It was the 2nd team. We figure we suck soo much it's not even worth getting tired, to save our starters to stay in Ligue 1.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    2-0 Win away at Benfica. Interestingly it was the first time we played against portugese opposition in european competition. It's turning out to be an interesting year, we're playing so-so in the league but only got bounced from the CL because of 2 referre errors and a goalie mistake since than have won 4 straight in Europe.

    Sunday night the asian side of Istanbul will burn to the ground. It's been 9 years since we beat those a**h**es there, its time for a good old fashioned butt whoppin.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,974
    Turk, check your PM's

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    2-0 Win away at Benfica. Interestingly it was the first time we played against portugese opposition in european competition. It's turning out to be an interesting year, we're playing so-so in the league but only got bounced from the CL because of 2 referre errors and a goalie mistake since than have won 4 straight in Europe.

    Sunday night the asian side of Istanbul will burn to the ground. It's been 9 years since we beat those a**h**es there, its time for a good old fashioned butt whoppin.
    What happened on 11/8 on the asian side of Istanbul? What was the final score? Who's a** got whooped? Just curious....

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiza View Post
    What happened on 11/8 on the asian side of Istanbul? What was the final score? Who's a** got whooped? Just curious....
    Turkish soccer trolls on a football message board. Only on JI.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    UEFA Cup round of 32 Draw:

    PSG - Wolfsburg
    Kopenhavn - Manchester City
    NEC - Hamburg
    Sampdoria - Metalist
    Braga - Standard Liege
    Aston Villa - CSKA Moskova
    Poznan - Udinese
    Olympiakos - Saint Etienne
    Aalborg - Deportivo
    Werder Bremen - Milan
    Bordeaux - Galatasaray

    Fiorentina - Ajax

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,974
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post

    Bordeaux - Galatasaray[/B]

    Should be a good match up.

    Keep an eye out for the ghey one (Gourcuff). He should have a very bright futur in front of him.

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Should be a good match up.

    Keep an eye out for the ghey one (Gourcuff). He should have a very bright futur in front of him.
    This is the 3rd time we've drawn Bordeaux in the past 4 years, it's getting unreal.

    There are some really good matchups. Most notably Bremen-Milan. I wouldn't have been surprised to see that in the quarters of the CL.

    Do you like your chances against Wolfsburg?

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,974
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    This is the 3rd time we've drawn Bordeaux in the past 4 years, it's getting unreal.

    There are some really good matchups. Most notably Bremen-Milan. I wouldn't have been surprised to see that in the quarters of the CL.

    Do you like your chances against Wolfsburg?
    I don’t know anything about Wolfsburg other than they have a cool name. In any case, UEFA is not a priority and we generally rest starters.

    Seriously though, last night may have been the final nail in the coffin for these past years of infamy. We needed to win big over Twente (Holland) to pass on goal differential. We won 4-0 scoring 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. Psychologically we’re feeling really good.

    Plus in Ligue 1 we’re 3 points out of 1st place. Things haven’t been this exciting in ages.

    On a sidenote, there was some serious fighting in Paris between supporters.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Last nights UEFA cup results, I guess all three of us got what we wanted from last night

    Bordeaux - Galatasaray 0-0
    PSG - Wolfsburg 2-0
    Werder Bremen - Milan 1-1

    the rest:
    Dinamo Kiev - Valencia 1-1
    Zenit - Stuttgart 2-1
    Olimpiacos - St.Etienne 1-3
    Aston Villa -CSKA Moskova 1-1
    Sampdoria - Metalist 0-1
    AaB - Deportivo 3-0
    Braga - Standard 3-0

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,974
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Last nights UEFA cup results, I guess all three of us got what we wanted from last night

    Bordeaux - Galatasaray 0-0
    PSG - Wolfsburg 2-0
    Werder Bremen - Milan 1-1

    the rest:
    Dinamo Kiev - Valencia 1-1
    Zenit - Stuttgart 2-1
    Olimpiacos - St.Etienne 1-3
    Aston Villa -CSKA Moskova 1-1
    Sampdoria - Metalist 0-1
    AaB - Deportivo 3-0
    Braga - Standard 3-0
    I don't know who they are, but that's a cool name.

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I don't know who they are, but that's a cool name.
    They're this years surprise team from Ukraine. We got to see them more than we'd like in Turkey this year, they knocked out Besiktas in the first round then they finished 1st in our group with 10 points in the group stages.

    They did beat us in Istanbul 1-0 but it was one of those freak matches where we played in their half all night then one of our defenders ****ed up royally 3 minutes from time and they beat us. I'm really surprised they won in Italy though, they really didn't impress me that much.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,974
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    They're this years surprise team from Ukraine. We got to see them more than we'd like in Turkey this year, they knocked out Besiktas in the first round then they finished 1st in our group with 10 points in the group stages.

    They did beat us in Istanbul 1-0 but it was one of those freak matches where we played in their half all night then one of our defenders ****ed up royally 3 minutes from time and they beat us. I'm really surprised they won in Italy though, they really didn't impress me that much.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Last nights UEFA cup results, I guess all three of us got what we wanted from last night

    Bordeaux - Galatasaray 0-0
    PSG - Wolfsburg 2-0
    Werder Bremen - Milan 1-1

    the rest:
    Dinamo Kiev - Valencia 1-1
    Zenit - Stuttgart 2-1
    Olimpiacos - St.Etienne 1-3
    Aston Villa -CSKA Moskova 1-1
    Sampdoria - Metalist 0-1
    AaB - Deportivo 3-0
    Braga - Standard 3-0

    The JI Soccer Forum is a better news source than goal.com. I went there to check Milan's results and they didn't even have the match info updated.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,974
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    The JI Soccer Forum is a better news source than goal.com. I went there to check Milan's results and they didn't even have the match info updated.
    Just PM us next time and we'll tell you how much you suck




  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Just PM us next time and we'll tell you how much you suck



    Trust me, I don't need my imaginary internet friends to tell me I suck.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us