Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uefa Cup 08-09

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Trust me, I don't need my imaginary internet friends to tell me I suck.
    We're not imaginary.

Europe is a real place.

Veteran
    It was one of those classic Ali Sami Yen nights last night...

It started out like a disaster... Bordeaux scored 10 seconds into the match from a huge mistake by Fernando Meira...Considering the away leg was 0-0 it was a huge break for them.

Then on the 14th minute our best holding midfielder Mehmet Topal's shoulder got dislocated. Then we hit the crossbar...Then our luck changed...

Arda scored a lucky shot form the edge of the area, then the Wizard of Aus Harry-Harry Kewell scored a magnificent shot form 30 metres out 2 minutes after Arda's initial strike...

We started the second half well and went up 3-1 on the 63. minute with Arda again then had a bunch of chances to put the game away but the luck changed and Bordoux scored two lucky goals from defensive mistakes in the space of 2 minutes...We were on our way to elimination...again...

Than 2 minutes from time Sabri - our right back - let go of a scorcher just outside the area and the place went berzerk...

Here are the goals; You have to see Kewell's strike it's magical...

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/Spor/SonD...ngoller&ver=69
    Last edited by The Turk; 02-27-2009 at 03:12 AM.

Veteran
    Oh and the rest of the scores from last night:

CSKA Moskova-A.Villa: 2-0,
    M.Kharkiv-Sampdoria: 2-0, T
    wente-Marsilya: 0-1 (6-7 pen.),
    Wolfsburg-PSG: 1-3,
    Ajax-Fiorentina: 1-1,
    Man. City-Kopenhag: 2-1,
    Milan-W.Bremen: 2-2,
    Standard-Braga: 1-1,
    Stuttgart-Zenit: 1-2,
    Udinese-Lech Poznan: 2-1,
    St Etienne-Olympiakos: 2-1,
    D.La Coruna-Aalborg: 1-3,
    Tottenham-Shakhtar: 1-1,
    Valencia-Dinamo Kiev: 2-2

Congrats Raoul and I'm glad you guys are out Paulie

The ties for the next round:

Galatasaray - Hamburg
    CSKA Moskova-Shakhtar
    Dinamo Kiev-M.Kharkiv
    W.Bremen-St. Etienne
    Man. City-Aalborg
    Udinese-Zenit
    Marsilya-Ajax
    PSG-Braga

Veteran

Veteran
    I'm developing a serious mancrust for Harry Kewell.

The man is sheer determination and professionalism. We drew 1-1 away at Hamburg tonight and he was a big reason why. We went in at the half 1-0 up than at the start of the second half everything came loose...

But first a little background info our best centre back Servet broke his foot 2 weeks ago and is out, we sold his partner Meira to Zenit for mad money this week, our third choice Emre Gungor is injured and all that was left was a 36 year old Emre Asik, 17 year old Semih Kaya and Hakan Balta who's our first choise left back.

We started the game with Emre Asık and Hakan Balta and 2 minutes into the second half we let the equaliser in than 5 minutes later Emre gets sent off.

Kewell plays close to a whole half as a ****ing center back with a left back for a partner. He was organizing the defence and making clearences getting stuck in on tackles...It was un ****ing believable...

You should be proud Black Death, very very proud. He is a very special player.

Jets Insider VIP
    0-0 at the end of the 1st half (I have the most amazing live feed on P2P which I've never had before).

Yeah Turk,I'm wtaching a UEFA Cup match ..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    0-0 at the end of the 1st half (I have the most amazing live feed on P2P which I've never had before).

Yeah Turk,I'm wtaching a UEFA Cup match ..
    link?

I've always wanted to say that and mean it

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    link?

I've always wanted to say that and mean it
    PM sent

Jets Insider VIP
    ugh...how embarassing to watch this after 2 nights of CL games...

Veteran
    ugh...how embarassing to watch this after 2 nights of CL games...
    Thanks for the link but it didn't work for me for some reason

It seems you guys played a 'er. It would be fun to play you guys I hope you get thru.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks for the link but it didn't work for me for some reason

It seems you guys played a 'er. It would be fun to play you guys I hope you get thru.
    Yeah it was a bit boring.

I don't know if you heard but Kezman is in the fan's doghouse. He's not a starter and has been playing sporadically which hasn't pleased his huge ego. Part of our success this season is the rotation installed by Le Guen. everyone has bought into it and we're in the hunt for Championship and UEFA Cup (and until recently French Cup).

Anywhhooo, Monsieur, was replaced at the 60th minute a few weeks ago, and threw his jersey on the field and left directly to the locker room. He was sanctionned by playing 2 weeks with the reserve team. He did his mea culpa.

Last night he was put on the field around the 80th minute, and was madly whistled. It was as if Hitler had taken the field.

He's done

Veteran
    Yeah it was a bit boring.

I don't know if you heard but Kezman is in the fan's doghouse. He's not a starter and has been playing sporadically which hasn't pleased his huge ego. Part of our success this season is the rotation installed by Le Guen. everyone has bought into it and we're in the hunt for Championship and UEFA Cup (and until recently French Cup).

Anywhhooo, Monsieur, was replaced at the 60th minute a few weeks ago, and threw his jersey on the field and left directly to the locker room. He was sanctionned by playing 2 weeks with the reserve team. He did his mea culpa.

Last night he was put on the field around the 80th minute, and was madly whistled. It was as if Hitler had taken the field.

He's done
    Why am I not surprised...

I hope you guys didn't buy him, I'd love to see him in a sewerbird uniform again.

Veteran
    I got tickets to the final tonight. Werder Bremen vs. Shaktar Donetsk.

I'm not very exited about it but what the hell, a final is a final I guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    I got tickets to the final tonight. Werder Bremen vs. Shaktar Donetsk.

I'm not very exited about it but what the hell, a final is a final I guess.
    oooooh. Awesome.

Oof...not bad but hard to watch by the end. Who the hell on Werder can actually pull the trigger on a shot?

Wiese made some nice saves though...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Oof...not bad but hard to watch by the end. Who the hell on Werder can actually pull the trigger on a shot?

It was like a ****ing friendly no one gave a damn about. But our boys and the sewerbird fans managed to get a small scruff in even in the Uefa cup final that had nothing to do with either of us.

Oh well. I was impressed with Shaktar, they were very well organised. And Srna should be playing for one of the big boys. He is one of the better right backs in europe, I can't see Shaktar holding on to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    It was like a ****ing friendly no one gave a damn about. But our boys and the sewerbird fans managed to get a small scruff in even in the Uefa cup final that had nothing to do with either of us.

Oh well. I was impressed with Shaktar, they were very well organised. And Srna should be playing for one of the big boys. He is one of the better right backs in europe, I can't see Shaktar holding on to him.
    He's Croatian right? I think I remember noticing him at the Euro.

Veteran
    He's Croatian right? I think I remember noticing him at the Euro.
    Yes he is a Croat

LOLZ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

Diego but he was out with to man yellow cards.