Friday: Yankees 2 Blue Jays 1

Saturday: Rasner vs. Parrish 1:05 PM

Sunday: Pettitte vs. Halladay 1:05 PM

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Friday: Yankees 2 Blue Jays 1

Saturday: Rasner vs. Parrish 1:05 PM

Sunday: Pettitte vs. Halladay 1:05 PM

What a mess so far, I turned Madden on at 6-2 in the 7th and I get a nice little surprise afterwards...

I love that the defense of A-Rod includes "He hit it hard".

They also gave a stat that I can't believe is true. THey said he has 1 9th inning RBI this year

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I love that the defense of A-Rod includes "He hit it hard".

They also gave a stat that I can't believe is true. THey said he has 1 9th inning RBI this year
    He has 2 RBI for the year in the 8th and 9th combined.

Veteran
    i might sound like a broken record but the bullpen needs to step up if we want any chance to catch up to boston... another sub-par outing besides rasner today

Quote Originally Posted by frickj2 View Post
    i might sound like a broken record but the bullpen needs to step up if we want any chance to catch up to boston... another sub-par outing besides rasner today
    That was your 3rd post, how could you possibly sound like a broken record?

Cashman has done a horrendous job putting this team together, & i'm convinced that no team will EVER win with Arod as its centerpiece...there's a long history with this "superstar"- he's not a winner.

Pettitte really has not been sharp as of late. Strange seeing how he's always been a very good second half pitcher.

Veteran
    Pettitte really has not been sharp as of late. Strange seeing how he's always been a very good second half pitcher.
    age catches up to everyone eventually....what are his innings like this year as opposed to prior?

I was at the game today. I had great seats and it went pretty fast; nevertheless, it was a snooze fest.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I was at the game today. I had great seats and it went pretty fast; nevertheless, it was a snooze fest.
    i was there yesterday 4 rows behind the jays dugout....where did you sit?

Quote Originally Posted by NEJetsFan View Post
    age catches up to everyone eventually....what are his innings like this year as opposed to prior?
    He's on pace for the same amount of innings as last year. Shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Veteran
    He's on pace for the same amount of innings as last year. Shouldn't have anything to do with that.
    it is bizarre, i was discussing that same topic with my buddy at the game yesterday. granted his numbers arent awful, but he hasnt been nearly as dominant, or the stopper he has been in years past

And we still have 26 more snooze fests to looks forward to this month.

Veteran
    And we still have 26 more snooze fests to looks forward to this month.
    ...its always fun to watch anaheim light up the yanks

it is bizarre, i was discussing that same topic with my buddy at the game yesterday. granted his numbers arent awful, but he hasnt been nearly as dominant, or the stopper he has been in years past
    Age may be catching up to him like you said. He hasn't put together a string of very good starts in a row all season long. He has way too many starts where he only went 4 or 5 innings or gave up 5 or more runs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...g?statsId=5331

Veteran
    Age may be catching up to him like you said. He hasn't put together a string of very good starts in a row all season long. He has way too many starts where he only went 4 or 5 innings or gave up 5 or more runs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...g?statsId=5331
    good look on the stats. looks like it has been feast or famine for him this year. then again that is the story of the entire 2008 yankee team...

i was there yesterday 4 rows behind the jays dugout....where did you sit?
    First base line, in between the bag and the foul pole. Lower level, under the overhang. Lot of foul balls came our way.

Veteran
    First base line, in between the bag and the foul pole. Lower level, under the overhang. Lot of foul balls came our way.
    thats prime fould ball territory. yesterday when i was there some guy caught one right to the forehead...