Thread: Hughes playing in the Arizona Fall League

Hughes playing in the Arizona Fall League

Good move, he defiantly needs the innings.

All Pro
    Smart move.

Nobody cares about the Yankees anymore- check back in '09

I want to like it, because he missed half the season so it makes sense to get him some more innings. But, there is always the high injury risk that comes with young pitchers and they're playing in games that don't even count for you guys. Risky move, just gotta hope it works out.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I want to like it, because he missed half the season so it makes sense to get him some more innings. But, there is always the high injury risk that comes with young pitchers and they're playing in games that don't even count for you guys. Risky move, just gotta hope it works out.
    If they don't do something, he's going to be 47 years old before he can throw 200 innings. Plus, he needs some success, and he needs to repeat his good mechanics.

All League
    de·fi·ant (d-fnt)
    adj.
    Marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
    de·fiant·ly adv.

Adv. 1. defiantly - in a rebellious manner; "he rejected her words rebelliously"

Quote Originally Posted by MetsJetsRebels View Post
    de·fi·ant (d-fnt)
    adj.
    Marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
    de·fiant·ly adv.

Adv. 1. defiantly - in a rebellious manner; "he rejected her words rebelliously"

I was just going to say that. Sean, you've been using 'defiantly' instead of 'definitely' for like a month now, that I can remember. I don't want to be the grammar d*ckhead, but I've seen you do it like 10 times... No offense, of course.

**** you guys... defiantly

Speaking of the AFL, word has it Daniel Murphy will be playing there as well, and getting some time at second base. Love to see the kid at second base for the Mets in '09.

As for Hughes, good move. Kid needs some innings for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    I was just going to say that. Sean, you've been using 'defiantly' instead of 'definitely' for like a month now, that I can remember. I don't want to be the grammar d*ckhead, but I've seen you do it like 10 times... No offense, of course.
    You know what really annoys me? Saying "should of" instead of "should have."

Example:

I should have went to the store this afternoon. CORRECT

I should of went to the store this afternoon. INCORRECT

It's so widespread on this forum too, and it tweaks the grammar alert in my brain every single time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Do you know what really annoys me? CORRECT
    You know what really annoys me? INCORRECT

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    You know what really annoys me? Saying "should of" instead of "should have."

Example:

I should have went to the store this afternoon. CORRECT

I should of went to the store this afternoon. INCORRECT

It's so widespread on this forum too, and it tweaks the grammar alert in my brain every single time.
    I hear ya, man. Grammar is one of my strong suits and it's a mess on here. Even those who are well educated have their struggles and add in that most people don't even care to use it online... ugh.

Another big one: the there/their/they're discrepancy.

Thread hijacked.

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    I hear ya, man. Grammar is one of my strong suits and it's a mess on here. Even those who are well educated have their struggles and add in that most people don't even care to use it online... ugh.

Another big one: the there/their/they're discrepancy.

Thread hijacked.
    I suck at those, there and their use to always get me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I suck at those, there and their use to always get me.
    ...used* to always get me.

There is referring to a place. "I will meet you there." "I hear the food is great there."

Their is a possessive. "Their food tastes really good." (They possess the food). "Their running back is a useless pothead who won't play more than 6 plays." (They possess the running back).

Let me know when you feel like you're getting babied and tell me to shut up.