Thread: Sarah Palin admitted that she believes the Iraq war was fought over oil

Sarah Palin admitted that she believes the Iraq war was fought over oil

I guess she does think about the Iraq war.

[url]http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/aug2008/db20080829_272692.htm[/url]

[QUOTE]We are a nation at war and in many [ways] the reasons for war are fights over energy sources, which is nonsensical when you consider that domestically we have the supplies ready to go.
    [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2720785]I guess she does think about the Iraq war.

[url]http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/aug2008/db20080829_272692.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

Are you saying you appreciate her honesty or that you would have expected her to toe the party line? She has stood up to everything that the Republicans seem to have done wrong, mostly in her own state. That's why many Republicans like her....she seems to be a reformer who tells it like it is. It's a breath of fresh air, man.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2720791]Are you saying you appreciate her honesty or that you would have expected her to toe the party line? She has stood up to everything that the Republicans seem to have done wrong, mostly in her own state. That's why many Republicans like her....she seems to be a reformer who tells it like it is. It's a breath of fresh air, man.[/QUOTE]

It's so nice to see that the right finally has their messiah and throngs of enthusiastic "worshippers" ;)

Breath of fresh air? Why does that sound so god damn familiar?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2720791]Are you saying you appreciate her honesty or that you would have expected her to toe the party line? She has stood up to everything that the Republicans seem to have done wrong, mostly in her own state. That's why many Republicans like her....she seems to be a reformer who tells it like it is. It's a breath of fresh air, man.[/QUOTE]

I'll applaud her if she still feels that way, but I won't hold my breath.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

just as she really opposed that bridge to nowhere and is really anti big oil (we swear!)

Veteran
    double post

Veteran
    If only she wasn't an extreme social conservative and creationist, she might actually have excited me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;2721415]If only she wasn't an extreme social conservative and creationist, she might actually have excited me.[/QUOTE]

There's still time to get excited. Get on the bus, man! :D

[IMG]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9340/palinfm1.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-02-2008 at 01:57 AM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2721437]There's still time to get excited. Get on the bus, man! :D

[IMG]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9340/palinfm1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Doesn't really matter what I think about her, I'm not voting for a VP.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2720785]I guess she does think about the Iraq war.

[url]http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/aug2008/db20080829_272692.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

Sean, you do know her 19 year old son is in Iraq right now, right? Regardless of the article your comment was a little harsh.

[QUOTE=SINYJets;2723222]Sean, you do know her 19 year old son is in Iraq right now, right? Regardless of the article your comment was a little harsh.[/QUOTE]
    He's going to Iraq, yes I know that, so is Joe Bidens son, but that is besides the point. She is on record saying she doesn't think about Iraq, but she's also on record saying the above.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2723229]He's going to Iraq, yes I know that, so is Joe Bidens.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and God speed both of them, as well as my former college roomate whose flying 'copters in the Marines. They're doing great things and I'm sure all of there parents think about them and their safety constantly, regardless of any agenda one might think they have.

[QUOTE=SINYJets;2723236]Yup, and God speed both of them, as well as my former college roomate whose flying 'copters in the Marines. They're doing great things and I'm sure all of there parents think about them and their safety constantly, regardless of any agenda one might think they have.[/QUOTE]

As Joe Biden always says, GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.

Sarah Palin is on record saying she doesn't think about Iraq much, hopefully she gets a briefing before Nov. 4th, but before that, I would like to know if she still thinks the war in Iraq was fought over oil.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2723246]As Joe Biden always says, GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.

Sarah Palin is on record saying she doesn't think about Iraq much, hopefully she gets a briefing before Nov. 4th, but before that, I would like to know if she still thinks the war in Iraq was fought over oil.[/QUOTE]

She said that in January of 2007, over a year and a half ago. She was 1 yr into office, of course it wasn't the first thing on her mind. Your taking her quote out of context. As for the oil remark that was a dumb thing for her to say, no doubt about that, but it doesn't change the fact that her son is going over there. I'd never take the likes of her or Biden or any other parent to task over a comment about the very war their kids are fighting.

Well duh.
    So she's smart, straightforward, doesn't bull****, and hot.

I don't even agree with her on social issues and I still like her.

That is because you and your party are desperate. You know desperate, like begging Fred Thompson to run.

[QUOTE=HessStation;2723267]Well duh.
    So she's smart, straightforward, doesn't bull****, and hot.

I don't even agree with her on social issues and I still like her.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2723278]That is because you and your party are desperate. You know desperate, like begging Fred Thompson to run.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a party cr. I'm a Librative.:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=HessStation;2723286]I don't have a party cr. I'm a Librative.:cool:[/QUOTE]

you'll find out quickly- if you disagree with any of his hard left views you are automatically a neo-con nazi....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2723288]you'll find out quickly- if you disagree with any of his hard left views you are automatically a neo-con nazi....[/QUOTE]

Starting to sense that.
    Man, I hate neo-con nazis!