Thread: What's Up With All the Palin Posts?

What's Up With All the Palin Posts?

Five out of Six of the top threads are on Palin.
    What's going on?
    I thought this was a Jets website.
    What is all the interest in this Sarah Palin anyway?
    This election is over, and has been for months.

[QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;2721108]Five out of Six of the top threads are on Palin.
    What's going on?
    This election is over, and has been for months.[/QUOTE]

Who won? :huh:

[QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;2721108]
    What's going on?[/QUOTE]
    The Democrats, already underperforming expectations with women voters, are in the process of alienating undecided women further. They think they're knocking Palin's popularity down some pegs, but they are pouring gasoline on the fire by:

a) Generating Palin attention for a speech at the RNC. And, being a woman, speeches come naturally.

And b) are trashing a high-profile woman candidate. Very dumb.

I love it. (By the way, polls are about tied and prominent Dems were predicting 10-15 pt leads post-Obama speech.)
    Last edited by sackdance; 09-01-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey, Gov. Palin is the "new" story this week.

In any event, since this is a Palin thread, I decided to post this here because this is a shocking statement. This is from Lyda Green, the leading Republican in Alaska's statehouse:

[QUOTE][SIZE="4"]"[B]She's not prepared to be governor. How can she be prepared to be vice president or president?[/B]" said Lyda Green, the president of the State Senate, a Republican from Palin's hometown of Wasilla. "Look at what she's done to this state. What would she do to the nation?"[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-mitchell/2-top-alaska-newspapers-q_b_122625.html[/url][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SMC;2721182]Hey, Gov. Palin is the "new" story this week.

In any event, since this is a Palin thread, I decided to post this here because this is a shocking statement. This is from Lyda Green, the leading Republican in Alaska's statehouse:[/QUOTE]

[url]http://alaskanabroad.typepad.com/an_alaskan_abroad/2008/08/doogan-on-palin.html[/url]

Here's state Rep. Mike Doogan's response to John McCain's choice of Gov. Sarah Palin as vice-presidential running mate:
    [QUOTE]
    John McCain looked all over the United States to find the single Republican who is qualified to be, as the saying goes, a heartbeat away from the presidency, and he came up with Sarah Palin.

Really?

Sure, I suppose that many Alaskans are feeling a surge of pride that someone from our state has gotten a spot on the big stage. And most Alaskans like Palin. I know I do.

But let's be honest here. Her resume is as thin as the meat in a vending machine sandwich. I'm thinking being mayor of Wasilla doesn't qualify her. And she's less than two years into her first term as governor. Except for her high-profile gas pipeline legislation -- which I like a lot -- she doesn't have much to show. Oil taxes? Most of that work was done by the legislature. Ethics? Ditto. And her role in killing the much-touted Bridge to Nowhere? Talk about coming in after the battle is over and bayoneting the wounded.

And there's a growing sense that the government isn't running all that well, that all that's keeping the wheels from coming off is that 25,000 state employees show up for work every day.

The long and short of it is this: We're not sure she's a competent governor of Alaska. And yet McCain, who is no spring chicken, has decided she's the best choice to replace him as president if he should win and then fall afoul of the Grim Reaper.

Sarah Palin?

Really?

I can see that it makes some sense in terms of the election campaign. McCain's hard up against it. He's dragging eight years of George W. Bush -- hands down the worst president in American history -- behind him like the ball and chain it is. He's not the most engaging person himself. And he's facing an opponent in Barack Obama who shows all the earmarks of being a transformational candidate, someone who is rewriting the rules of American politics just by being who he is. I've seen two others like him in my lifetime, John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, and Obama looks like the real deal.

So McCain needs help, and Palin brings some. She's a woman. She's young. She's good looking. She's got a good story to tell, and a knack for dealing with the media. McCain's choice of her came out of left field, but at least it was in the ballpark.

But debating foreign policy with Joe Biden? What's she going to do? Hit him with her briefing book? If Palin has two thoughts about foreign policy, she's managed to keep them to herself. Ditto health care. National energy policy. Fiscal policy. You could make a long, long list, but I'll stop there. She's going to need a lot of handlers feeding her a lot of talking points, and she's going to have to hope that the discussion only goes about yay-deep.

She's also going to have to hope that the national media is as pliable as Alaska's has been. Palin doesn't like people criticizing her, and she's as competitive as any linebacker you ever met. If the campaign gets a little rough and tumble, that could be a bad combination.

So she could be great as a candidate. Or so so. Or blow up on the pad. But if the McCain-Palin ticket should win? Yikers. There's no way on God's green earth that she's prepared to be president of the United States. The only consolation for me is remembering that J. Danforth Quayle once held the job she's trying to get, and the world didn't end.

But Sarah Palin?

Really?[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=FF2;2721133]Who won? :huh:[/QUOTE]

Clinton.

Everything that we had months to learn about with Obama is now being condensed into three days. And for jetswin, this is the politics forum so I doubt the Jets would come up here... I may be wrong though I just got here.

And the Democrats aren't underperforming with women voters, the party just managed to piss them off by not nominating Hilldog. All Pilan does is gets people excited or at the very least gets them talking about the GOP. Which after the Obama craze is quite an accomplishment.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2721195][url]http://alaskanabroad.typepad.com/an_alaskan_abroad/2008/08/doogan-on-palin.html[/url]

Here's state Rep. Mike Doogan's response to John McCain's choice of Gov. Sarah Palin as vice-presidential running mate:[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's a great take.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2721179]The Democrats, already underperforming expectations with women voters, are in the process of alienating undecided women further. They think they're knocking Palin's popularity down some pegs, but they are pouring gasoline on the fire by:

a) Generating Palin attention for a speech at the RNC. And, being a woman, speeches come naturally.

And b) are trashing a high-profile woman candidate. Very dumb.

I love it. (By the way, polls are about tied and prominent Dems were predicting 10-15 pt leads post-Obama speech.)[/QUOTE]

yeah, I am sure registered Democratic women voters are going to vote for the anti-abortion party because the vice-pres candidate happens to have a vagina

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;2721108]Five out of Six of the top threads are on Palin.
    What's going on?
    This election is over, and has been for months.[/QUOTE]

Liberal tactics, made famous by MoveOn and DailyKos: attack, attack, and then attack more. Everything, anything, drown out the enemy until they shut up. Its what America is all about. Or at least the liberal fascists think so. :D

Hot MILF with a slutty daughter + everyone here is male. I'm surprised you're surprised by this.