Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John McCain's Epitaph

All League

John McCain's Epitaph

...should read something like "Killed by George Bush."

I like John McCain. Always have. I don't always agree with him, but I agree with him enough. And as politicians go, I think he's an honest, honorable man. I would have voted for him in 2000 over either Bush or Gore. I would have voted for him in 2004 over either Bush or Kerry.

Unfortunately, it took until 2008 for him to get his shot. And now it's too late. He should have been the republican nominee in 2000, but the we'll-stoop-to-anything slimeball Bush campaign tactics sunk him in 2000, same way they sunk Kerry in 2004. And now in 2008 Bush is sinking him again, because McCain is stuck with Bush's 8 year legacy of complete incompetence and outright criminal behavior.

It's a shame. For 8 years I've been waiting to vote for McCain as president and now that I finally get the chance I just can't do it. The choice of Palin as his VP is what killed the possibility for me. And the ironic thing is, I don't think she's a bad person. I don't agree with her social positions and she's a little too pro-oil for me, but I think her heart's in the right place. But once again, it's Bush that's the wrench in the works...due to Bush screwing McCain's earlier chances, his age is now an issue. And after 8 years of Bush giving his "I hate humanity" VP cart blanche to run the country, I just can't vote for a ticket that pairs an elder McCain with health issues with a well-meaning but inexperienced Palin as the VP. The risks are too great, given America's tenuous position in the world (thanks again, to George Bush's incompetence).

God did Bush suck. Worst US president ever. And he couldn't care less.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 09-01-2008 at 11:31 PM.

All League
    I'll add one thing more...no matter who wins this election we'll have a better president than the one we have not. Of that I'm positive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry, Carter is still the worst, and his continued buffoonery just digs the hole deeper and deeper.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2721298]I'll add one thing more...no matter who wins this election we'll have a better president than the one we have not. Of that I'm positive.[/QUOTE]

agreed

Jets Insider VIP
    Were either of you 2 rocket scientists alive during the Carter years? Reading about it doesn't do justice to how truly sucky it was. :mad:

flushingjet
    [quote=BushyTheBeaver;2721289]blah blah ... For 8 years I've been waiting to vote for McCain as president and now that I finally get the chance I just can't do it. [/quote]

Tushy,
    So you want to vote for McCain before you vote against him?

Tenuous position in the world, hmm. Yes, far more tenuous then when we were running a distant 2nd in the arms race and the Soviet Union was running amok aiding & abetting havoc in the world. I swear to Gd this place is like a Political Science/HS Dropout magnet.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2721289]For 8 years I've been waiting to vote for McCain as president and now that I finally get the chance I just can't do it.[/QUOTE]
    BS detectors all across the tri-state area are beeping loudly right now.

[QUOTE=quantum;2722431]Were either of you 2 rocket scientists alive during the Carter years? Reading about it doesn't do justice to how truly sucky it was. :mad:[/QUOTE]

4 bad years < 8 bad years

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2722438] I swear to Gd this place is like a Political Science/HS Dropout magnet.[/QUOTE]

yeah dude no one's as smart as you

flushingjet
    [quote=bitonti;2722477]yeah dude no one's as smart as you[/quote]

And certainly no one's as dumb as you. Polar opposites & let's keep it that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2722472]4 bad years < 8 bad years[/QUOTE]

I can't argue with math.

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2722438]Tushy,
    So you want to vote for McCain before you vote against him?

Tenuous position in the world, hmm. Yes, far more tenuous then when we were running a distant 2nd in the arms race and the Soviet Union was running amok aiding & abetting havoc in the world. I swear to Gd this place is like a Political Science/HS Dropout magnet.[/QUOTE]

If we are going to say Bush is swell by comparing him to those days...well thats just pathetic.

Hey, compared to the Depression he ain't so bad either!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;2722557]If we are going to say Bush is swell by comparing him to those days...well thats just pathetic.

Hey, compared to the Depression he ain't so bad either![/QUOTE]

Is that what makes you look so good?

"Hey, compared to Tx he ain't so bad!" :P :D

Saying, "He's not as bad as Carter," is like saying, "Well, it's not full-blown AIDS, only HIV."

Either way, the result is the same.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2722568]Is that what makes you look so good?

"Hey, compared to Tx he ain't so bad!" :P :D[/QUOTE]

Who is this "TX" you speak of? :huh:

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=quantum;2722431]Were either of you 2 rocket scientists alive during the Carter years? Reading about it doesn't do justice to how truly sucky it was. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Yes I was.

Thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Arabs did not die over a BS war during carter's administration.

flushingjet
    [quote=FF2;2722557]If we are going to say Bush is swell by comparing him to those days...well thats just pathetic.

Hey, compared to the Depression he ain't so bad either![/quote]

F'er,
    Nothing is more pathetic than your trolling, but that's besides the point.
    Your next valid point will be your first.

Go on & educate me. Are we, the USA in an economic depression today?
    Carter era double digit inflation and gas lines?
    Is our current government allowing a foreign nation to hold Americans
    hostage for 444 days?

flushingjet
    [quote=Buster;2722592]Yes I was.

Thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Arabs did not die over a BS war during carter's administration.[/quote]

Yet he allowed a fanatic, BS nation - The Islamic Republic of Iran - to emerge that held Americans hostage for over a year; to directly or indirectly kill many more thousands than you can credibly cite re: Iraq inside and outside its borders for decades; and covertly supply IEDs/EFPs killing coalition forces in Iraq.

Most importantly, we/the world would probably not be concerned about Iran's use of nuclear technology. leave it to the libs to not question the necessity for a country awash in oil to utilize nuclear power

Anyway i doubt youre concerned about Arabs or anyone dying if it doesnt serve your purposes-in 1979
    Russia started the Afghan war which killed 1 Million and displaced 5 million. Carter repsonded by
    withdrawing from the Olympics, nuff said
    Last edited by flushingjet; 09-02-2008 at 07:21 PM.

All League

Carter was before my time. I've heard that his presidency was far from the best. I doubt though that he screwed up as royally as Bush. Certainly he wasn't as ignorant or arrogant. But you were there back then and I wasn't. What badness occurred during Carter's presidency that you would attribute to him? Edumacate me. :)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2721289] And he couldn't care less.[/QUOTE]

I love idiotic little tack-ons like this.