Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama touts his experience vs. Palin's

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama touts his experience vs. Palin's

So, his campaigning experience not only qualifies him for President, but shows how much more qualified he would be to lead than Palin.

[I]“My understanding is that Gov. Palin’s town, Wassilla, has I think 50 employees. We've got 2500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe 12 million dollars a year – we have a budget of about three times that just for the month,” Obama responded.

Our ability to manage large systems and to execute I think has been made clear over the past couple of years and certainly in terms of the legislation I’ve passed in the past couple of years, post-Katrina.”[/I]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2721511]So, his campaigning experience not only qualifies him for President, but shows how much more qualified he would be to lead than Palin.

[I]“My understanding is that Gov. Palin’s town, Wassilla, has I think 50 employees. We've got 2500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe 12 million dollars a year – we have a budget of about three times that just for the month,” Obama responded.

Our ability to manage large systems and to execute I think has been made clear over the past couple of years and certainly in terms of the legislation I’ve passed in the past couple of years, post-Katrina.”[/I][/QUOTE]

Uhh, doesn't his campaign manager manage his campaign? Whoever that is should be president. :yes:

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Only the naive will buy into the empty rhetoric of this former community organizer turned first term celebrity senator.

He is woefully inexperienced with a proven record of poor judgement in picking his friends and mentors.

He is known for his arrogance and inflated ego, certainly not his accomplishments.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2721511]So, his campaigning experience not only qualifies him for President, but shows how much more qualified he would be to lead than Palin.

Our ability to manage large systems and to execute I think has been made clear over the past couple of years and certainly in terms of the legislation I’ve passed in the past couple of years, post-Katrina.”[/I][/QUOTE]

I won't comment on whether the comparison is even in the same ballpark. People can judge for themselves whether running a campaign is the same as running a government. :rolleyes:

However, I heard his comments live on CNN and Obama didn't even pronounce the name of her town correctly. He called it "Wassilly" which I thought was kinda funny. I'm not saying it was a gaffe on his part and he could simply say that not many people had even heard of it before a week ago. I just thought it was funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Obama is only comparing those two particular qualifications in this quote.

And, frankly, running an wildly successful organization with 2,500 employees and a mid- to high- nine-figure budget is far, far more impressive --and more difficult--than running a town of 6,700 people and 50 employees.

I can't even fathom how one could argue otherwise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is running for PRESIDENT and she is running for VICE PRESIDENT----

Comparing experience for that is like comparing ---

LOBSTER & SHRIMP

MICHAEL JORDAN & PATRICK EWING

FORK & KNIFE

STRIPPER & NUN

JOHN HOLMES & ME (Of course I am much Bigger:rolleyes:)

I could go on and on and on.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2721912]He is running for PRESIDENT and she is running for VICE PRESIDENT----

Comparing experience for that is like comparing ---

LOBSTER & SHRIMP

MICHAEL JORDAN & PATRICK EWING

FORK & KNIFE

STRIPPER & NUN

JOHN HOLMES & ME (Of course I am much Bigger:rolleyes:)

I could go on and on and on.....[/QUOTE]

i agree..and am a little embarassed that he actually fell into this trap and defended his own experience against hers..

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;2721934]i agree..and am a little embarassed that he actually fell into this trap and defended his own experience against hers..[/QUOTE]

I think it shows that the experience criticism he constantly receives does bother him to some degree. By defending against it, it shows that he still feels he has to.

The other problem here is that he compares himself to her running a small town when, for the last 2 years she's been a Governor with state budget responsibility, deployment of the National Guard (which she visited in Iraq in 2007), etc.

Obama needs to need to stick to his comparisons with McCain and let his "attack dog" Biden take on Palin. I agree, he shouldn't have fallen into the trap.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2721902]I think Obama is only comparing those two particular qualifications in this quote.

And, frankly, running an wildly successful organization with 2,500 employees and a mid- to high- nine-figure budget is far, far more impressive --and more difficult--than running a town of 6,700 people and 50 employees.

I can't even fathom how one could argue otherwise.[/QUOTE]

So you actually think Obama manages all those employees?

If he talks to more than 50 of them over the course of the campaign it would be alot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He'd be a decent vice presidential candidate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2721912]He is running for PRESIDENT and she is running for VICE PRESIDENT-[/QUOTE]

when the guy she's backing up McCain is a 72 year old 4 times cancer survivor, VP should be as qualified as Prez.

flushingjet
    [quote=bitonti;2722252]when the guy she's backing up McCain is a 72 year old 4 times cancer survivor, VP should be as qualified as Prez.[/quote]

And Biden is the picture of health, multiple brain aneurysms and all *chuckle*

At least he can blame his malapropisms on something, B Hussein has no excuse!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2722235]So you actually think Obama manages all those employees?

If he talks to more than 50 of them over the course of the campaign it would be alot.[/QUOTE]

He's managing those employees in the same fashion he'd be "managing" the federal government or that Palin managed Wassila or Alaska. That is, you set the priorities for an administration, hire the best possible managers to execute those priorities, and hold those people accountable.

He's the CEO, in effect. The campaign manager is the chief operating officer. That's how most big organizations work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2722252]when the guy she's backing up McCain is a 72 year old 4 times cancer survivor, VP should be as qualified as Prez.[/QUOTE]

And this is why it is an issue. McCain is a unique candidate here because of his age & health issues. Ronnie was the picture of perfect health in comparison to McCain.

If Romney or Huckabee had been the nominee I don't think Palin's experience would be much of an issue.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2722293]

He's the CEO, in effect. The campaign manager is the chief operating officer. That's how most big organizations work.[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I see. Kind of like being the governor of a state? Funny but, Obama forgot to mentioning that as part of her "lack of experience" resume.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet;2722291]And Biden is the picture of health, multiple brain aneurysms and all *chuckle*

At least he can blame his malapropisms on something, B Hussein has no excuse![/QUOTE]

If Biden were to die in office, PRESIDENT Obama would simply name a new VP.

If PRESIDENT McCain were to die in office, we would have a beauty queen who wants her home state to secede from the union as President.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2722313]If Biden were to die in office, PRESIDENT Obama would simply name a new VP.

If PRESIDENT McCain were to die in office, we would have a beauty queen who wants her home state to secede from the union as President.[/QUOTE]

Misogeny, kleck? Very unbecoming.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2722301]Oh, I see. Kind of like being the governor of a state? Funny but, Obama forgot to mentioning that as part of her "lack of experience" resume.[/QUOTE]

I didn't hear the rest of the quote so I don't know the context.

What's quoted abiove is Obama comparing running his campaign versus being mayor of Wassila. What Obama says above about that comparison is indisputable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2722313]If PRESIDENT McCain were to die in office, we would have a beauty queen who wants her home state to secede from the union as President.[/QUOTE]
    The single most impressive thing about Obama is the list of celebs in his Rolodex. Trashing Palin is not going to win the ticket a single vote - and at the end of the day, Obama is less experienced than she is anyway.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;2722340]Misogeny, kleck? Very unbecoming.[/QUOTE]

Just havin' some fun playin' the below the belt political game the last couple of days. :P

Here's one thing though that I haven't seen discussed too much in the last few days: Both of McCain's wives were beauty pageant contestants/winners, any possibility that he is simply working on wife number three here? :D