Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palin's Small Alaska Town Secured Big Federal Funds

Palin's Small Alaska Town Secured Big Federal Funds

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/01/AR2008090103148.html[/url]
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-02-2008 at 06:00 PM.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2722802][url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/01/AR2008090103148.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I guess your crush on Phil Hughes is over.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2722802][url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/01/AR2008090103148.html[/url][/QUOTE]

[I]Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!![/I]

Make up your mind, she's a nothing mayor from a tiny town or an able politician from Alaska who gets things done.

I hope the media and lefty blogs keep pressing these small potatoes stories. Because compared to Biden and McCain don't get pressed for...it's practically a sex discrimination suit.

As for Obama, he's never done squat but accept transparent sweetheart deals from a now-convicted felon to increase the value of his Chicago home.

Sweet home, Chicago.

[QUOTE=BronxDan;2722826]I guess your crush on Phil Hughes is over.[/QUOTE]

I'll get my October fix regardless.

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=5702697&page=2[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]There was $500,000 for a youth shelter, $1.9 million for a transportation hub, $900,000 for sewer repairs, and $15 million for a rail project -- all intended to benefit Palin's town, Wasilla[/QUOTE]

For a "town" of 6,700. Republicans. Against wasteful government spending...unless, of course, it's their part of the government that the money is being wasted on. Then I'm sure it's allrighty then...

she used some of that money to build an access road to the beach for the bridge to nowhere. it's still there - a road to nowhere.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2722835]she used some of that money to build an access road to the beach for the bridge to nowhere. it's still there - a road to nowhere.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right?

[QUOTE=bitonti;2722835]she used some of that money to build an access road to the beach for the bridge to nowhere. it's still there - a road to nowhere.[/QUOTE]
    You are actually wrong here. The earmarks for her town are different then the earmarks for the road to nowhere. She actually hired lobbyists to get the earmarks for her town. She is building the road to nowhere because the Fed govt already gave Alaska the money for it, and they would have to return it if she didn't build the road.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 09-02-2008 at 07:22 PM.

All Pro
    With Stevens chairing the Appropriations Committee, how could this political hack go wrong. She was guaranteed to get the money. That little town in Alaska got the same amount as Boise, Idaho. Which should please the Boise conservatives to no end. What would possess such a hog feeding at the federal trough to contemplate secession is beyond me. She was working her godfather's committee just fine.... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2722981]With Stevens chairing the Appropriations Committee, how could this political hack go wrong. She was guaranteed to get the money. That little town in Alaska got the same amount as Boise, Idaho. Which should please the Boise conservatives to no end. What would possess such a hog feeding at the federal trough to contemplate secession is beyond me. She was working her godfather's committee just fine.... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Actually before she hired the lobbyists her town got zilch. Miraculously when she started paying the lobbyists who are tied to Stevens the money started flowing.

I give her credit. She knew how to play the game. However, this is not the stuff that gets you to wear the reformer label.

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2723047]Actually before she hired the lobbyists her town got zilch. Miraculously when she started paying the lobbyists who are tied to Stevens the money started flowing.

I give her credit. She knew how to play the game. However, this is not the stuff that gets you to wear the reformer label.[/QUOTE]

When is the national media going to talk about this and the corruption probe, and off the 17 year old prego.

Hall Of Fame
    damn you NObama types are obsessed with this chick

Obama is for change, but the one thing about Obama is he wants your paycheck and he will give you the change!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2723137]Obama is for change, but the one thing about Obama is he wants your paycheck and he will give you the change![/QUOTE]

I give it a C-

C if you came up with it yourself.

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2723069]damn you NObama types are obsessed with this chick[/QUOTE]

So are the Obama types.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2723145]So are the Obama types.[/QUOTE]

that's who I meant... I call him NObama as in No Change, however I see it can easily be interpreted as No-Obama

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2722965]You are actually wrong here. The earmarks for her town are different then the earmarks for the road to nowhere. She actually hired lobbyists to get the earmarks for her town. She is building the road to nowhere because the Fed govt already gave Alaska the money for it, and they would have to return it if she didn't build the road.[/QUOTE]

ok my bad - so all these earmarks was for her little po-dunk town but the road to nowhere is for her state

isn't McCain against earmarks?

[QUOTE=pauliec;2723145]So are the Obama types.[/QUOTE]

She's new blood, paulie. Everyone's got their eyes on her. Plus, the media basically ignored her, which means that all of these little stories come out at once and not in the normal course of an election cycle.

[QUOTE=Strickland;2723155]She's new blood, paulie. Everyone's got their eyes on her. Plus, the media basically ignored her, which means that all of these little stories come out at once and not in the normal course of an election cycle.[/QUOTE]

They have 2 and half months to touch on everyone of those stories. She better be ready.

so McCain doesn't mind earmarks anymore?