Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: College Football = BORING

Hall Of Fame

OT: College Football = BORING

Was there any watchable college footBall games?

Not one watchable game in Week 1 -

I guess you missed Tennessee at UCLA last night.

Granted, the first half sucked but it ended in an OT thriller.

Hall Of Fame
    Tennessee vs. UCLA was pretty good last night.

Michigan and Utah

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

NCAA football boring?

Oh hell no.

College games exude passion and excitement from the students & fans in attendance on a level that the NFL could never match.

NCAA>>>>NFL in terms of pure excitement.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I guess you missed Tennessee at UCLA last night.

Granted, the first half sucked but it ended in an OT thriller.
    or East Carolina/Virginia Tech...or Utah/Michigan....

Veteran
    College way better then the N.F.L..........Florida v. Thee University of Miami this Saturday night 8PM on ESPN

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediJustin View Post
    NCAA football boring?

Oh hell no.

College games exude passion and excitement from the students & fans in attendance on a level that the NFL could never match.

NCAA>>>>NFL in terms of pure excitement.
    agreed....I was at the Rutgers game yesterday and just walking to the stadium from my car with the band marching by, pounding the drums, people were ready to jump out of their skin they were so excited....

All League
    Mizzou beat Ilinois 52-42...somewhat exciting.

Better than baseball anyway!

Jets Insider VIP
    I am a former LI er living in the south. College football rocks!!! The ACC is down a bit but living here is great. Geprgia, Georgia tech, Fla, Fla State ESPN Saturday is relevant as all of my clients friends neighbors went to one of these schools and it is bigger and better than any other sport week in week out. GO JETS!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    USC vs. OSU in a couple weeks

exactly.

if you don't have a particular pro team to follow, then college football is on the other level. It have a dynamic, which the NFL does not have.
    Last edited by vin777b; 09-02-2008 at 09:21 PM.

All League
    Are you kidding me? did you watch the UCLA vs. Tennessee game last night??? That was one exciting game. Especially in the 4th and OT. UCLA's offense for the first 3 quarters looked worse than our offense did with Pennington last year, 4 ints in the first half!! Then their QB turned it on in the 4th and looked great.

What a thriller AND an upset of #18 tenn.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckiernan View Post

You could have watched Schiano tank his playcalling vs. Fresno State at home.

I was at the UCLA/TENN game last night wearing my UIVERSITY OF MIAMI HURRICANES jersey (#4 green Devin Hester jersey)....Big UM fan!! First half was horrible, sloppy QB play, etc...2nd half was great except for the fact I lost $220. Had $120 on the unders and $100 on Tenn -7.

Quote Originally Posted by mmckiernan View Post

UCLA game was a thriller, Michigan dumped in the big house, Pitt and Clemson exposed badly. If you didn't find anything "watchable" this weekend then you're really not a football guy but hey the Tennis was on from Flushing Meadow I'm sure you enjoyed watching that didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    USC vs. OSU in a couple weeks
    I am really looking forward to that game.

Good to see people on the board of an NFL team defending college football. Were there some less than thrilling games this weekend? Sure.

But it isn't like every NFL game is going to be a barnburner, either.

On the whole, the atmosphere and pagentry of a college football Saturday can't be matched by the NFL.

September-October is the best time of the year for sports. Meaningful baseball (unless you're a Yankee fan), pro football, and college football. It don't get no better.

I can't get into college football. It's amateur sports. Consider the % of these kids that will never get drafted and how many of those kids won't ever take a snap in the NFL. The NFL is where the greatest and most talented play. The playing field is much more even sans a few teams. College football is exciting because it's so goddamn sloppy, missed tackles, blown coverage, etc. The talent level between team is so disgusting.

Living in Oregon everything is U of O or Oregon State. I've tried getting into it... it's just boring to watch IMO. Sure the stadium is full of excitement but so are soccer games in every other country. The play on the field is what makes a game interesting to me. I could get the same level of "excitement and players playing with all their heart" watching pee-wee football.

Not trying to offend anyone, JMO.