Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: OT - NY baseball Rainout question

  1. #1
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,364

    OT - NY baseball Rainout question

    I have a question about rainouts at Shea.

    I have tickets to the Mets-Phillies game Saturday afternoon. From what I heard the forecast doesn't look good. What would happen if it was a rainout? Would the Mets and Phils play a doubleheader on Sunday?

    I'm trying to findout before I make the 8 hour drive friday night.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I have a question about rainouts at Shea.

    I have tickets to the Mets-Phillies game Saturday afternoon. From what I heard the forecast doesn't look good. What would happen if it was a rainout? Would the Mets and Phils play a doubleheader on Sunday?

    I'm trying to findout before I make the 8 hour drive friday night.
    Normally, I'd say yes. But there's a chance that Hurricane Hannah (I think... something with an "H" anyhow) can blow right through NY on Saturday, if that's the case, then there's a good chance both games will get rained out.

  3. #3
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Normally, I'd say yes. But there's a chance that Hurricane Hannah (I think... something with an "H" anyhow) can blow right through NY on Saturday, if that's the case, then there's a good chance both games will get rained out.
    you should also look at the remaining schedule for both teams. If they both have the same day off, they may try to reschedule it then. They would usually make it a day/night doubleheader with two separate admissions, but I'm not sure if they can schedule a game at night on Sunday as it would conflict with the ESPN Sunday Night Baseball game. But, now that there is football, there may not even be a game then.

    Bottom line, I have no idea.

  4. #4
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,364
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    you should also look at the remaining schedule for both teams. If they both have the same day off, they may try to reschedule it then. They would usually make it a day/night doubleheader with two separate admissions, but I'm not sure if they can schedule a game at night on Sunday as it would conflict with the ESPN Sunday Night Baseball game. But, now that there is football, there may not even be a game then.

    Bottom line, I have no idea.
    Well their Sunday game is at 8PM so I'm thinking they could do a day/night doubleheader on Sunday. Geez, I wish Shea was a dome now.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Well their Sunday game is at 8PM so I'm thinking they could do a day/night doubleheader on Sunday. Geez, I wish Shea was a dome now.
    They have 0 common off days

    Day/Night is pretty likely

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Well their Sunday game is at 8PM so I'm thinking they could do a day/night doubleheader on Sunday. Geez, I wish Shea was a dome now.
    Shea's not a dome. I don't feel sorry for you. Either go whenever they say, or eat the cost.

  7. #7
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    They have 0 common off days

    Day/Night is pretty likely
    Thanks!

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Thanks!
    That would be a nightmare Sunday for Flushing.

    Make up womans final at US Open/Mens final.

    2 Mets games.

    Keep in mind, this is all during the Jets game.

  9. #9
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    Shea's not a dome. I don't feel sorry for you. Either go whenever they say, or eat the cost.
    Why thank you Mr. Helper!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Why thank you Mr. Helper!
    You're welcome, Mr. Whiner.

  11. #11
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    You're welcome, Mr. Whiner.
    Ok, I can see this will be going nowhere. Go troll somewhere else.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us