Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noonan weighs in on Palin...

Noonan weighs in on Palin...

Listen and weep

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg&eurl[/url]

I love that it's Noonan and that she's caught using naughty language. I just keep listening over and over... its too delicious.:yes:

Oh my. Somebody's going to get in trouble. Go call G J and Ham. He had the most intense boy crush on Noonan. I think he had her poster on his wall. He's going to be devastated to hear her bashing Palin.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2725023]Listen and weep

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg&eurl[/url]

I love that it's Noonan and that she's caught using naughty language. I just keep listening over and over... its too delicious.:yes:[/QUOTE]and then she blows everyone out of the water with her speech tonite...i'll wait to hear her first.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2725043]and then she blows everyone out of the water with her speech tonite...i'll wait to hear her first.[/QUOTE]

Her speech tonight will be fine. She will attack the media and all the GOP faithful will rally around her.

The risk with a pick like that is what happens as soon as the controlled nature of the convention gives way to the unpredictability of the campaign trail. That's when Quayle and Ferraro imploded.

She has thus far submitted to exactly one media interview, with People magazine.

Eventually she is going to have to take questions and explain herself and her views.

All League
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2725048]Her speech tonight will be fine. She will attack the media and all the GOP faithful will rally around her.

The risk with a pick like that is what happens as soon as the controlled nature of the convention gives way to the unpredictability of the campaign trail. That's when Quayle and Ferraro imploded.

She has thus far submitted to exactly one media interview, with People magazine.

Eventually she is going to have to take questions and explain herself and her views.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...The expectations are really low tonight.

She'll bring the house down. I've heard she's a very dynamic speaker.

[QUOTE=TerryBadway;2725070]Yeah...The expectations are really low tonight.

She'll bring the house down. I've heard she's a very dynamic speaker.[/QUOTE]

She'll give a good speech.

The question is what kind of speech does she give?

She'd be smart to keep it detail free and forcefully assail the media as a conservative under siege.

If she tries to prove she's some kind of secret foreign policy genius or makes a bunch of easily disprovable claims about her record (like her bridge to nowhere "opposition" last week), she will make it much worse for herself.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2725048]Her speech tonight will be fine. She will attack the media and all the GOP faithful will rally around her.

Eventually she is going to have to take questions and explain herself and her views.[/QUOTE]how do you know what she's gonna say? like i said i'll wait to hear what she has to say.

All League
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2725074]She'll give a good speech.

The question is what kind of speech does she give?

She'd be smart to keep it detail free and forcefully assail the media as a conservative under siege.

If she tries to prove she's some kind of secret foreign policy genius or makes a bunch of easily disprovable claims about her record (like her bridge to nowhere "opposition" last week), she will make it much worse for herself.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...This will simply be a speech where she introduces herself to the world, and I'm sure she'll do a fine job of that.

Some women at work today said Palin is no Hillary, I turned around and said Thank God. Hillary hasn't accomplished one thing. She was elected to the senate because of Bill and no other reason.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2725043]and then she blows everyone out of the water with her speech tonite...i'll wait to hear her first.[/QUOTE]

You do that, I will too, just know that the "Brain trust" of your party has already given their thumbs down and that the rift inside the Republican party is larger than anything the PUMA's could stir up among Dems.

Obama nomination <> President McCain.

Hall Of Fame

Eventually she is going to have to take questions and explain herself and her views.[/QUOTE]

She won't attack the media..she will let others make that case.

She will get in oh so subtle jabs, but nothing overt.

IMO

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2725169]She won't attack the media..she will let others make that case.

IMO[/QUOTE]

No.. she will, just heard some excerpts (sp?) from her speech.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2725169]She won't attack the media..she will let others make that case.

IMO[/QUOTE]

if she pulls this off this is going to be LOTS of fun...

[QUOTE]Excerpts From Sarah Palin’s Convention Speech
    Excerpts from Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin’s speech in St. Paul, Minn., at the Republican convention.

I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids’ public education better. When I ran for city council, I didn’t need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too. Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.

I’m not a member of the permanent political establishment. And I’ve learned quickly, these past few days, that if you’re not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone. But here’s a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I’m not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I’m going to Washington to serve the people of this country.

Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America’s energy problems — as if we all didn’t know that already. But the fact that drilling won’t solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all. Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we’re going to lay more pipelines…build more nuclear plants…create jobs with clean coal…and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal, and other alternative sources. We need American energy resources, brought to you by American ingenuity, and produced by American workers.

Here’s how I look at the choice Americans face in this election. In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/03/excerpts-from-sarah-palins-convention-speech/[/url]

Veteran
    I think it says a lot that respected Conservative thinkers feel this way about Palin.

No matter what happens tonight... once she is out on the campaign trail all bets are off.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2725192]if she pulls this off this is going to be LOTS of fun...

[url]http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/03/excerpts-from-sarah-palins-convention-speech/[/url][/QUOTE]

Some good lines in there.

[QUOTE=ChadLover;2725234]Some good lines in there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wonder who wrote them...

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2725175]No.. she will, just heard some excerpts (sp?) from her speech.[/QUOTE]
    So she's also a hypocrite to boot, since she called Hillary a whiner for complaining about the media...

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2725265]Yeah, I wonder who wrote them...[/QUOTE]

Matt Scully

I know it wasn't Jon Favreau.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2725175]No.. she will, just heard some excerpts (sp?) from her speech.[/QUOTE]

Please share what you remember about the excerpts (you were right ;)) where she attacked the media.

[QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;2725272]So she's also a hypocrite to boot, since she called Hillary a whiner for complaining about the media...[/QUOTE]

Why not wait to hear what she says rather than relying on charge with no attribution to form an opinion.

Its only a couple of more hours...show some patience
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 09-03-2008 at 08:35 PM.

She knows she is not qualified.