Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Ryan Church could be next Ray Knight!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Church could be next Ray Knight!

Ryan carried the 2008 Mets just like ray knight did in 1986!

Ray came off 1985 with vertigo & Hit many game breakin HR's to jumpstart Amazins!!!!]

Now its Churchs turn to be WS MVP for METS!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ? WTF man..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only time he kind of carried us was before his injury in the beginning. He was clearly the best batter we had during that time. But Delgado has been doing it for a couple + months now, clutch hits and all. So my vote would go to him.

But the two most consistant players by far are Reyes and Wright in that order. Wright has been consistant but has't got the RISP hits he usually gets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    The only time he kind of carried us was before his injury in the beginning. He was clearly the best batter we had during that time. But Delgado has been doing it for a couple + months now, clutch hits and all. So my vote would go to him.

But the two most consistant players by far are Reyes and Wright in that order. Wright has been consistant but has't got the RISP hits he usually gets.
    With all due respect, Reyes was awful for the first 50 games man. Wright and Beltran have been the consistant ones.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    With all due respect, Reyes was awful for the first 50 games man. Wright and Beltran have been the consistant ones.
    Good point, I wouldn't say 50 game. He did blow all of April but I think he picked it up in May and since April hasn't hit below .300 for a month I believe. And yes Beltran gets the nod at consistant too, but you can say the same for him as just like Reyes. He had a pretty slow first month, but since then turned it up. One thing Beltran did though through every month was get on base via walks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wright did not get off to a good start this year. Reyes is the fire starter. He is oour MVP