Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: What Grade Do You Give Palin's Speech ??

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

17 45.95%
  • A

6 16.22%
  • B+

4 10.81%
  • B

2 5.41%
  • C+

2 5.41%
  • C

3 8.11%
  • D+

3 8.11%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%

Thread: Rate The Palin Speech

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Rate The Palin Speech

I guess there are all sorts of standards, but basically how would you grade the speech overall...

Feel free to post your reasons why..

edit: MEANT TO MAKE THIS A PUBLIC POLL...IF A MOD CAN MAKE THAT HAPPEN I WOULD APPRECIATE.
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 09-03-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    The real deal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    B+...see other thread for reasons...good speech, but not "game changing" as others have stated, yet, nevertheless, a good, effective speech

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gave her ... an A+.

Why? Because I had kind of high expectations and little bit of fear that she would suck.

I was simply stunned. Amazing impact, total composure. Going forward, there will be about as many people still calling Obama a "rock star" as there are calling Bill Clinton the "first black president". Why? Sarah Palin. She makes Obama seem like a dull freak in an empty suit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I never thought you could be as naive as this, but hey to each their own.

You wanna get another emotional leader in the WH, who doesn't care about the law go for it.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2725887][COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="7"]A+++++[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

This Girl can take a punch .. she took four days of the most vicious attacks by the leftist scum you can ever ask anyone to endure and she kept her poise and [B]knocked those leftist mutha effers out[/B] tonite!!

That was perhaps the greatest case of "you took your shots, now its my turn!!" I have ever seen

I'm so incredibly proud of this tough broad .. she is made of some strong timber

I'M OFFICIALLY IN LOVE :D[/QUOTE]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    A

For historical reasons only, an easy A.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2725887][COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="7"]A+++++[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

This Girl can take a punch .. she took four days of the most vicious attacks by the leftist scum you can ever ask anyone to endure and she kept her poise and [B]knocked those leftist mutha effers out[/B] tonite!![/QUOTE]

Um, how exactly? Please explain anything you've just written.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    B+ (no curve :D)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only people that her sarcasm will upset are diehard Obamaniacs. To everyone else it was an appropriate defense against the hammering she's been taking the past few days. She came out swinging....I loved it. :yes:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2725972]The only people that her sarcasm will upset are diehard Obamaniacs. To everyone else it was an appropriate defense against the hammering she's been taking the past few days. She came out swinging....I loved it. :yes:[/QUOTE]

More than appropriate. They way they questioned her ability to be a good mother was shameless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Green Jets & Ham;2725887][COLOR=red][B][SIZE=7]A+++++[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

This Girl can take a punch .. she took four days of the most vicious attacks by the leftist scum you can ever ask anyone to endure and she kept her poise and [B]knocked those leftist mutha effers out[/B] tonite!!

That was perhaps the greatest case of "you took your shots, now its my turn!!" I have ever seen

I'm so incredibly proud of this tough broad .. she is made of some strong timber

I'M OFFICIALLY IN LOVE :D[/quote]

I agree GHJ, great move by McCain in picking her she is a big asset to the republican ticket

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was a BS speech like all the rest and by the way Rudy is an embarrassment. He can't stop bringing himself up even to introduce the VP.

Major Ethics reform? She didn't abide by her own standards.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2725967]How do you explain why someone can deliver a great speech, they either can or they can't, you either hear it or you don't, some folks just have great oratorical skills and there's [B]NO DOUBT[/B] this woman is a natural

If you heard something else, so be it[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent speech, full of good points and she came out swinging. Good for her. I thought she was just great.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2725996]I was a BS speech like all the rest .[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your honesty, Bullwinkle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2725977]More than appropriate. They way they questioned her ability to be a good mother was shameless.[/QUOTE]

Only a moron could keep a straight face and criticize experience that includes running a state, managing a fiscal budget, and deploying the National Guard when he himself has never lead anything other than a campaign.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2725967]How do you explain why someone can deliver a great speech, they either can or they can't, you either hear it or you don't, some folks just have great oratorical skills and there's [B]NO DOUBT[/B] this woman is a natural

If you heard something else, so be it[/QUOTE]

Nice. I posed a direct question and you ducked it entirely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is she deploying the National Guard? In Alaska? They are getting pulled into Iraq because of the lack of manpower, how is she making any decisions about the National Guard? Yes, you can have them.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2726007]Only a moron could keep a straight face and criticize experience that includes running a state, managing a fiscal budget, and deploying the National Guard when he himself has never lead anything other than a campaign.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2726034]Its not ducking the question, I gave you the only answer that makes any sense, some people just have a knack for delivering a great speech, they're just naturally gifted out on the stump .. Reagan had it, Obama has it, and this woman has it in spades

If you couldn't hear that tonite I would suggest you just didn't allow yourself to hear it[/QUOTE]

Might have been that I was listening on radio. So I wasn't imaging humping her while she spoke. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=jetstream23;2725972]The only people that her sarcasm will upset are diehard Obamaniacs. To everyone else it was an appropriate defense against the hammering she's been taking the past few days. She came out swinging....I loved it. :yes:[/quote]

Not just that, but she delivered it perfectly - with a smile and constant nods to Obama as a good man and a patriot. It was mainly critiques on policy and experience rather than on personality. The messaiah/celebrity/greek temple lines, on the other hand, left me cold.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Her oratory is blisteringly good...