Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Mccain Stupid

It's Mccain Stupid

Palin, who gave a VERY good coming out party last night, is NOT running for President. The VP selection has NEVER carried a candidate to office. I'm an independent voter who has watched the far right ruin this country for the last 8 years. Mccain offers nothing new. I'll vote for Obama because he inspires so many different groups of people. Mccain inspires nobody.

This election will be won during the debates when some independents might sway one way or the other. Once these voters see a young vibrant Obama next to this frail OLD man I'm certain Obama gets the nod.

I agree. And the way to fix this country is to raise taxes.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not so sure debates matter either (I agree regarding VP selections)...

for me, I'd just be happy if the following happens:

1) an actual election takes place (after 2000 and possibly 2004... you never know! and personally I don't have high hopes that this will happen, but it would be great to get back to elected democracy)

2) people vote on policy & positions rather than personality or who I'd like to drink a beer with

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2726281]I agree. And the way to fix this country is to raise taxes.[/QUOTE]

it would certainly help stop the hemoraging of money! stealing from my generation and my kids and their kids has got to stop sometime!

$500 BILLION in the red PER YEAR is completely unacceptable imhdno (in my humble deficit-nazi opinion)

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2726285]I'm not so sure debates matter either (I agree regarding VP selections)...

for me, I'd just be happy if the following happens:

1) an actual election takes place (after 2000 and possibly 2004... you never know! and personally I don't have high hopes that this will happen, but it would be great to get back to elected democracy)
    [/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2726285]

2) people vote on policy & positions rather than personality or who I'd like to drink a beer with

[/QUOTE]

Obama runs PURELY on personality. I also hope we don't decide an election based on it's historical significance.

Hall Of Fame

It's Mccain Stupid

It's McCain Stupid

[QUOTE=bman;2726278]Palin, who gave a VERY good coming out party last night, is NOT running for President. The VP selection has NEVER carried a candidate to office. I'm an independent voter who has watched the far right ruin this country for the last 8 years. Mccain offers nothing new. I'll vote for Obama because he inspires so many different groups of people. Mccain inspires nobody.

This election will be won during the debates when some independents might sway one way or the other. Once these voters see a young vibrant Obama next to this frail OLD man I'm certain Obama gets the nod.[/QUOTE]

Great Post couldn't agree with you more. I never understood why Obama ducked McCain on both campaign financing and a weekly series of debates, whether town hall meetings or classic debates. Obama has a natural advantage of youth, vibrancy and oratory skills to take McCain out.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2726292]Great Post couldn't agree with you more. I never understood why Obama ducked McCain on both campaign financing and a weekly series of debates, whether town hall meetings or classic debates. Obama has a natural advantage of youth, vibrancy and oratory skills to take McCain out.[/QUOTE]

the front-runner always seeks to limit the number of debates... the less debates, the less chance of a mis-step... the less chance of a mis-step, the less chance of a change in status (front-runner to underdog)

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2726292]Great Post couldn't agree with you more. I never understood why Obama ducked McCain on both campaign financing and a weekly series of debates, whether town hall meetings or classic debates. Obama has a natural advantage of youth, vibrancy and [B]oratory skills [/B]to take McCain out.[/QUOTE]

Obama's great when he has a prepared speech. He's a LOT less polished when he's flying solo.

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2726293]the front-runner always seeks to limit the number of debates... the less debates, the less chance of a mis-step... the less chance of a mis-step, the less chance of a change in status (front-runner to underdog)[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why I view him as a pussey?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2726302]Maybe that's why I view him as a pussey?[/QUOTE]

that I can't answer :D

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2726296]Obama's great when he has a prepared speech. He's a LOT less polished when he's flying solo.[/QUOTE]

Agreed but McCain is a terrible debater and losses his temper in debate. Obama isn't great but he is far better than McCain.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2726306]Agreed but McCain is a terrible debater and losses his temper in debate. Obama isn't great but he is far better than McCain.[/QUOTE]

McCain loses his temper in a normal pleasant conversation... let along a debate! :D

Banned
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2726286]it would certainly help stop the hemoraging of money! stealing from my generation and my kids and their kids has got to stop sometime!

$500 BILLION in the red PER YEAR is completely unacceptable imhdno (in my humble deficit-nazi opinion)[/QUOTE]

Stop spending like a teenage girl with daddy's credit card. As it is I'm getting raped in the culo with all the taxes I'm paying.

I like Obama but this is the reason why I probably won't vote for him. The government is already extorting enough money from me.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2726314]Stop spending like a teenage girl with daddy's credit card. As it is I'm getting raped in the culo with all the taxes I'm paying.

I like Obama but this is the reason why I probably won't vote for him. The government is already extorting enough money from me.[/QUOTE]

yeah good luck with that quest... it'll never happen

besides, to seriously cut the budget you have to cut mostly in defense spending since that's where most of the income taxes go to anyways. And people who care deeply about cutting spending, usually will never support slashing that part of the budget.

SS is a different animal entirely and unrelated to income taxes and federal spending... and besides, it's running a profit (which the government conveniently uses to lower the deficit in the actual federal budget)...

what's worse:

1) a Dem plan = tax & spend = lower deficits due to higher taxes and big-time spending

or

2) A GOP plan = untax & spend = higher deficits due to lower taxes and still big-time spending... plus the principle & interest due on the loans to cover the deficit which our generation, and our kids and their kids will have to pay off

since both suck, might I recommend voting for The Good Doctor Ron Paul who's the American tax payer's number 1 supporter in Congress
    Last edited by King Ryan; 09-04-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bman;2726278]Palin, who gave a VERY good coming out party last night, is NOT running for President. The VP selection has NEVER carried a candidate to office. I'm an independent voter who has watched the far right ruin this country for the last 8 years. Mccain offers nothing new. I'll vote for Obama because he inspires so many different groups of people. Mccain inspires nobody.

This election will be won during the debates when some independents might sway one way or the other. Once these voters see a young vibrant Obama next to this frail OLD man I'm certain Obama gets the nod.[/QUOTE]

What new thing does Obama offer?

The bottom line is everyone's gushing over this because it happened last night and no American woman has ever given a speech like that. VP candidates mean little, and more importantly, convention speeches have little effect on the long term outcome of elections. Once the debates are in full swing and it gets closer to the election, Palin nor Biden are going to factor heavily into anything. The only way that happens is if McCain and Co decide to focus the rest of their campaign efforts on their VP nom, which would be a huge mistake strategically.

Palin was fantastic last night, but some of you guys need to get real here and take the blinders off. VP's mean dick.

Obama Inspire people to do what? Apply for jobs that they are not qualified. Lets get real, we need a decision maker with experience, not a walking dildo.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2726420]

Palin was fantastic last night, but some of you guys need to get real here and take the blinders off. VP's mean dick.[/QUOTE]

Except the last one, who didn't mean dick, he just was one.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2726292]Great Post couldn't agree with you more. I never understood why Obama ducked McCain on both campaign financing and a weekly series of debates, whether town hall meetings or classic debates. Obama has a natural advantage of youth, vibrancy and oratory skills to take McCain out.[/QUOTE]

Obama has great oratory skills when he's reading from a teleprompter. He is a babbling buffoon when he has to work without a script, stammering UH, UH, UH....

If debate-watchers care about substance (which is questionable) McCain will destroy Obama. If debate-watchers care about image, Obama will destroy McCain, much like Kennedy wiped the floor with Nixon.