Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cindy McCain's $300,000 outfit

Cindy McCain's $300,000 outfit

since CBNY's quoting US weekly im going with Vanity Fair!

still this is kinda elitist right?

[IMG]http://mtblog.vanityfair.com/online/politics/assets_c/2008/09/For-Web_82621223-thumb-242x378.jpeg[/IMG]

[quote]

Cindy McCain
    Oscar de la Renta dress: $3,000
    Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch: $4,500
    Three-carat diamond earrings: $280,000
    Four-strand pearl necklace: $11,000–$25,000
    Shoes, designer unknown: $600
    Total: Between $299,100 and $313,100

[url]http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2008/09/cindy-mccains-300000-outfit.html[/url]
    [/quote]

[QUOTE=bitonti;2727080]since CBNY's quoting US weekly im going with Vanity Fair!

[IMG]http://mtblog.vanityfair.com/online/politics/assets_c/2008/09/For-Web_82621223-thumb-242x378.jpeg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow....and its dog ugly.

Hall Of Fame
    holy sh!t :eek:

they could've bought another house instead! :D
    Last edited by King Ryan; 09-04-2008 at 02:42 PM.

That's pretty baller. If you got the money, why not spend it?

Bling bling, as Mitt Romney would say.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I agree it's ugly.

But just think of all the tax revenue.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2727080]since CBNY's quoting US weekly im going with Vanity Fair!

still this is kinda elitist right?[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know Bit.

Can you explain why it is elitist to me, so I can understand?

And can you tell us how much Michelle Obama's Wardrobe costs, and if/if not that too is "elitist"?

Thanks, I appreciate being educated on this topic.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2727106]I honestly don't know Bit.

And can you tell us how much Michelle Obama's Wardrobe costs, and if/if not that too is "elitist"?

Thanks, I appreciate being educated on this topic.[/QUOTE]

The dress Michelle wore on The View was less than $200 I think, not sure about the convention.

Too bad money doesn't buy taste. I would kill for those earrings though :D

Hall Of Fame

wearing anything north of 300k is elitist... Laura Bush's outfit from the same night, at a couple k, is much more main-stream and I doubt Michelle's was much higher

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2727119]wearing anything north of 300k is elitist... Laura Bush's outfit from the same night, at a couple k, is much more main-stream and I doubt Michelle's was much higher[/QUOTE]

The dress was 3K...it was the earrings that drove up the total.

Hall Of Fame

[IMG]http://mtblog.vanityfair.com/online/politics/assets_c/2008/09/For-Web_82621223-thumb-242x378.jpeg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

What's wrong with stimulating the economy? The sales tax alone probably paid the salary of a state employee. This is a perfect example of the economic benefit of tax cuts. Thanks Bit.

All Pro
    From the article:

[QUOTE](All prices except Laura’s shoes and Cindy’s watch are estimates, and the jewelry prices are based on the assumption that the pieces are real.)[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ChadLover;2727121]The dress was 3K...it was the earrings that drove up the total.[/QUOTE]

yes, we liberals read too ya know... she is wearing the earrings, and like I said anyone wearing north of 300k is elitist to the max

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2727119]wearing anything north of 300k is elitist... Laura Bush's outfit from the same night, at a couple k, is much more main-stream and I doubt Michelle's was much higher[/QUOTE]

So 300k is the cut-off?

What if she took off her watch and left it backstage? Instantly non-elitist?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2727133]So 300k is the cut-off?

What if she took off her watch and left it backstage? Instantly non-elitist?[/QUOTE]

then she wouldn't know what time to go on stage and someone would steal her watch :D

Hall Of Fame

What if she took off her watch and left it backstage? Instantly non-elitist?[/QUOTE]

no 300k is a high water mark though... it's up there I'm sure with the most valuable ensembles

the cut-off would be a small percentage of that 300k... at least if I was making the cut-off

All Pro

The estimate was between $299,100 and $313,100 so assuming the pearls were on the cheaper end, she is a non-elitist.

[QUOTE=ChadLover;2727128]From the article:[/QUOTE]

Translation: "This information is bull****. What do you expect, insightful political commentary from us at Vanity Fair?"

[QUOTE=ChadLover;2727143]The estimate was between $299,100 and $313,100 so assuming the pearls were on the cheaper end, she is a non-elitist.[/QUOTE]

Without those earrings she's downright middle class.

Beyond the amusement value, this is obviously not an issue that ought to sway the vote of anyone with an IQ over 12.

It is "elitist" because her husband has made quite a bit of noise painting his opponent as out of touch on economic issues. When your wife's outfit costs something like 6x the median household income, and you can't say off the top of your head how many houses you own, its the sort of argument that comes off a little silly.

That said, Cindy McCain has never pretended to be anything other than a rich heiress who inherited an enormously profitable monopoly business, so more power to her.

She is "authentic," in her own way.