Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama on O'Reilly

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama on O'Reilly

Fox just shown the 1st part of the interview, it was all foreign policy.

Pretty good stuff, O'Reilly to his credit, was fair.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2727953]Fox just shown the 1st part of the interview, it was all foreign policy.

Pretty good stuff, O'Reilly to his credit, was fair.[/QUOTE]

he talks too much during an interview, I know he wants to stop guests from taking over the interview, but I don't think he ever lets someone get their point out often enough without giving his own opinion first.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I can't decide whether or not Obama was sincere in that Iran reply or if he was just skating around it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2727964]Man, I can't decide whether or not Obama was sincere in that Iran reply or if he was just skating around it.[/QUOTE]

Occam's Razor: When in doubt, go with the most obvious answer. Obama is a politician involved in a close race. The FOS factor is too large to ignore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2727964]Man, I can't decide whether or not Obama was sincere in that Iran reply or if he was just skating around it.[/QUOTE]

If either he or McCain said they'd invade Iran, they'd be wrong. We just don't have the capabilities to add another front to the already stretched thin Armed Forces. Unless there's a Draft. But that'd be catastrophic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Strickland;2727980]If either he or McCain said they'd invade Iran, they'd be wrong. We just don't have the capabilities to add another front to the already stretched thin Armed Forces. Unless there's a Draft. But that'd be catastrophic.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that we have to invade Iran, I think they want to be a player among the big boys more than anything else....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think O'Reilly bordered on rude in that interview...that's just a critique of his style. I think he was very fair in his questioning, but you gotta give the guy a chance to finish his answer.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was good to see someone pressure Obama with some pointed questions, you rarely see him on the edge of his seat like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interestingly, BO admitted that the surge "succeeded beyond our wildest dreams" but he couldn't bring himself to say he was wrong about voting against it!

Also as soon as Palin hit the scene, BO decides to go on The Factor...hmmm!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2728398]Interestingly, BO admitted that the surge "succeeded beyond our wildest dreams" but he couldn't bring himself to say he was wrong about voting against it!

Also as soon as Palin hit the scene, BO decides to go on The Factor...hmmm![/QUOTE]

there was an edit at that part, I could tell right away...he was about to qualify his statement, then there was a cut...

He is right, the surge can not be considered a success since the original purpose of the surge was to help Iraqi leaders take control and ultimately lead to our ability to draw down troops.

like the Wolf said, "Let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;2727993]I think O'Reilly bordered on rude in that interview...that's just a critique of his style. I think he was very fair in his questioning, but you gotta give the guy a chance to finish his answer.[/QUOTE]
    That is his style, its annoying and very unprofessional imo but you become accustom to it after a while...Obama came out pretty good in this though, he didn't let Bill O get his way and he gave some sound answers...My only problem was his reluctance in admitting he was wrong about the surge...His reasoning is not flying with me...If the surge was a such a huge success why can't you admit you were wrong?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;2728413]That is his style, its annoying and very unprofessional imo but you become accustom to it after a while...Obama came out pretty good in this though, he didn't let Bill O get his way and he gave some sound answers...My only problem was his reluctance in admitting he was wrong about the surge...His reasoning is not flying with me...If the surge was a such a huge success why can't you admit you were wrong?[/QUOTE]

It was tough to her where Obama was going because of O'Reilly's constant interruptions, but I think he touched on two points:

1. The violence has subsided, so in that respect, the surge is a success, but the Iraqi's need to start taking more control of their country and start paying us back.

2. He seemed to say that he voted against the surge because he didn't trust the Bush administration to be able to pull it off after 4+ years of gross mismanagement.

But, yeah. The thing seemed to have some odd edits and it was hard to establish a rhythm with O'Reilly's constant interruptions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the interview. I thought it was good political theatre and interesting.

It is also worth nothing that after the interview O'Reilly in discussing it with 2 talking heads said that Obama is a tough guy - not a wimp at all. Interesting.

I was also surprised to hear that O'Reilly thought the Iraq war was the wrong war.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2727971]Occam's Razor: When in doubt, go with the most obvious answer. [/QUOTE]

kinda like if you don't find WMD in IRaq there were none in the first place?

i love ocham's razor

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2728409]there was an edit at that part, I could tell right away...he was about to qualify his statement, then there was a cut...

He is right, the surge can not be considered a success since the original purpose of the surge was to help Iraqi leaders take control and ultimately lead to our ability to draw down troops.

like the Wolf said, "Let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet."[/QUOTE]

The Iraqi leaders are taking control, did you not hear about Anbar? The surge has worked and Obama is wrong. It's really quite laughable to keep hearing the spin. We may actually win this war and if we had followed Obama's advice and decisions (once he actually had to make them as a Senator), we would have lost nthe war. To this day, Obama only talks about ending the war, not winning it. Obama was dead wrong and simply cannot admit it. The Democrats were dead wrong about the Surge and cannot admit it. And they called W too stubborn. Too funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone hasn't seen it:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luA0AMP51Gc[/url]

A good interview.

I wish all the democrats would be interviewed by Fox News and all the Republicans interviewed by Jon Stewart.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2728800]The Iraqi leaders are taking control, did you not hear about Anbar? The surge has worked and Obama is wrong. It's really quite laughable to keep hearing the spin. We may actually win this war and if we had followed Obama's advice and decisions (once he actually had to make them as a Senator), we would have lost nthe war. To this day, Obama only talks about ending the war, not winning it. Obama was dead wrong and simply cannot admit it. The Democrats were dead wrong about the Surge and cannot admit it. And they called W too stubborn. Too funny.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they were wrong, the surge is obviously working, but it hasn't produced the ultimate goal yet, which is what it was stated the purpose of the surge was.

It would be like building a house and stopping halfway and telling the family, "move on in."

Regardless of how well things are going, they aren't finished. That is a fact.

And the surge is not the stand alone reason for it, it has a large part, but there are many other things that have happened in Iraq that also helped, and you know that.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2728827]If anyone hasn't seen it:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luA0AMP51Gc[/url]

A good interview.

I wish all the democrats would be interviewed by Fox News and all the Republicans interviewed by Jon Stewart.[/QUOTE]

Interviewed by a comedian? Why?

And anyway, McCain has been on the Daily Show a bunch of times.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Strickland;2728419]2. He seemed to say that he voted against the surge because he didn't trust the Bush administration to be able to pull it off after 4+ years of gross mismanagement.
    [/QUOTE]

That is the only plausible answer that is believable.

I liken it to this situation: Say I'm a doctor and during my 4 last surgeries the patient died because of my negligence. You're my 5th patient. Are you going to let me operate on you?

Now, if you're bold enough to let me, and the surgery is a success, should I be applauded? Should you then criticize people who would not have let me do that surgery?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2728950]Interviewed by a comedian? Why?

And anyway, McCain has been on the Daily Show a bunch of times.[/QUOTE]

I said Republicans and Democrats, not just McCain and Obama.

I want to see more people interviewed by their opponent's news media. Regardless of what was said in the other thread, Jon Stewart is on the left. He's funny as hell and smart as a whip, but I thought it was foolish for some people to claim he's unbiased.

But one thing is for certain with Stewart, his biggest enemy is not the right, but rather the news networks. He destroys the news media more than anything else. And he does it to CNN, MSNBC and Fox News rather equally. Although, his best work is clearly mocking Fox News, but that's because it's so easy to mock Sean Hannitty.

I don't want to watch Stewart interview a Democrat or Fox News interview a Republican because I know I will gather no new information, just hear talking points and batting practice interview questions.