View Poll Results: If Today is Election Day, I would Vote For......

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrat B.Obama and J. Biden

69 40.12%
  • Republican J. McCain and S. Palin

82 47.67%
  • Third Party Candidate

15 8.72%
  • I Choose Not to Vote This Election

6 3.49%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Today is Election Day, and You Are in the Booth.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If Today is Election Day, and You Are in the Booth.....

Who do you vote for, and why?

If you're not comfotable discussing your choice, thats fine, but please refrain from trolling this thread then, thanks.

EDIT: Changed the last option to more clearly state "sitting this election out".
    Last edited by Warfish; 09-05-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I voted McCain. While I am not pleased at all that he has pandered to the right wing during this election process, I am confident once elected he will return to his maverick ways when he was considered one of the best senators for a long period of time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obamass' is a Marksist nuff' said

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2728701]I voted McCain. While I am not pleased at all that he has pandered to the right wing during this election process, I am confident once elected he will return to his maverick ways when he was considered one of the best senators for a long period of time.[/QUOTE]

yes because very old people often recapture the form of their prime.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't claim to be politically savey, or have a tremendous grasp on some of the issues at hand...but based on the primary debates, and both conventions, I have to go with McCain/Paulin. Of course, I will wait for the upcoming pres/vp debates to make a final decision...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see this poll on the main board and see how the whole JI community thinks, and compares to those who hang out here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know why and who

and for those who don't, I will write in The Good Doctor Ron Paul
    Last edited by King Ryan; 09-05-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2728711]I would love to see this poll on the main board and see how the whole JI community thinks, and compares to those who hang out here.[/QUOTE]

haha good idea... might have to be private poll though

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2728704]yes because very old people often recapture the form of their prime.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree with this. If you honeslty belive that McCain's sudden move to the right isn't due to pandering and garnering votes, but age, I dont know what else to tell you. Your mind is clearly made up, but just two years ago McCain drafted legislation with Ted freaking Kennedy,

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2728711]I would love to see this poll on the main board and see how the whole JI community thinks, and compares to those who hang out here.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend, you know the rules. It would be fun.....for about ten seconds till the trolls and kiddies got involved.....and then it would get out of hand and get locked and people would get banned.

No thanks. We'll just have to live with the limited (and to be fair mostly already known) chunk of population we have in here.

Although it IS kinda interesting, we have enough folks on JI that if most voted, we'd be as legitimate a poll and any that the real polling companies do. After all, many of their polls are of 300, 500 or 1000 people. We could match that here.

But alas, not gonna happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2728728]Sorry my friend, you know the rules. It would be fun.....for about ten seconds till the trolls and kiddies got involved.....and then it would get out of hand and get locked and people would get banned.

No thanks. We'll just have to live with the limited (and to be fair mostly already known) chunk of population we have in here.

Although it IS kinda interesting, we have enough folks on JI that if most voted, we'd be as legitimate a poll and any that the real polling companies do. After all, many of their polls are of 300, 500 or 1000 people. We could match that here.

But alas, not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

no it wouldn't... there's no random sampling in a JI poll that can be compared to real polls!

the margin of error would be huge... it's not just the number of people polled, a big part of it is pure random sampling... without it a poll is bunk (like NIGHT STALKER's AOL poll)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2728696]Who do you vote for, and why?

If you're not comfotable discussing your choice, thats fine, but please refrain from trolling this thread then, thanks.

EDIT: Changed the last option to more clearly state "sitting this election out".[/QUOTE]

how you gonna tell us you're not gonna vote... I call bs

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2728748]how you gonna tell us you're not gonna vote... I call bs[/QUOTE]

Call whatever you like.

If you do not wish to take me at my word, that is your choice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2728726]I completely disagree with this. If you honeslty belive that McCain's sudden move to the right isn't due to pandering and garnering votes, but age, I dont know what else to tell you. Your mind is clearly made up, but just two years ago McCain drafted legislation with Ted freaking Kennedy,[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he was too old to reach across party lines, I said the maverick days are over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob Barr most likely...though id prefer McCain over Obama

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No question...McCain/Palin

I simply don't agree with more government and more taxes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cast my vote taking in to account which VP I would rather have as president. Obama might get assasinated and Mccain might croak. So its Palin or Biden you should be voting for.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2728726]I completely disagree with this. If you honeslty belive that McCain's sudden move to the right isn't due to pandering and garnering votes, but age, I dont know what else to tell you. Your mind is clearly made up, but just two years ago McCain drafted legislation with Ted freaking Kennedy,[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know which way McCain will go once elected. He went from wanting to pick a Democrat, (who, except for supporting the War and being boyz with MCCain, has no business attending the GOP convention), to picking a Conservative's wet dream (putting aside the experience issue for a minute.

He could nominate another Scalia or he could nominate another Souter.....total toss up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsrush;2728785]I cast my vote taking in to account which VP I would rather have as president. Obama might get assasinated and Mccain might croak. So its Palin or Biden you should be voting for.[/QUOTE]

LoL...never thought of it that way!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup!

[QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2728776]No question...McCain/Palin

I simply don't agree with more government and more taxes.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!

Also Rudy hit the nail on the head when he listed Obama's past accomplishments as: [SIZE="4"] "NADA"[/SIZE]