Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah refuses to put Sarah Palin on her show...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Oprah refuses to put Sarah Palin on her show...

Anyone see this on Drudge? Very weak by Oprah..I thought liberals were champions of openness? What's Oprah scared of? Oh..I get it. Palin would clean her clock if she tried to go after her, & millions more Americans would see why she's exactly what the country needs right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2728975]Anyone see this on Drudge? Very weak by Oprah..I thought liberals were champions of openness? What's Oprah scared of? Oh..I get it. Palin would clean her clock if she tried to go after her, & millions more Americans would see why she's exactly what the country needs right now.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea if this is true or not, but have you ever seen Oprah "go after" anybody? I haven't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    She's media, she's Hollywood. Oprah is too dishonest and self-serving to put Palin on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2728983]I have no idea if this is true or not, but have you ever seen Oprah "go after" anybody? I haven't.[/QUOTE]

I dont watch her show, but since she's been drinking the Obama kool-aid I assume she'd have abunch of democratic talking points hidden underneath her sail...I mean dress.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2728987]She's media, she's Hollywood. Oprah is too dishonest and self-serving to put Palin on.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, and politicians are the beacons of honesty and selflessness. Palin has really shown herself to be motivated by everything but her own personal interests, and has really been totally upfront, open, and 100% truthful about her past. Yeah, that's it.

Opera is not a political forum. Its stupid of her not to have her on, but its her right. Would probably be great ratings for her though...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    now Oprah is a member of the media?

She is an entertainer, she had f'ing Tina Turner on her show....

no wonder you guys buy the whole "liberal MSM"

you talk about people like Oprah and then sweep her into the whole MSM.

no wonder the lie works so well

I guess Maury Povich and Judge Judy are also members of the mainstream media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2728983]I have no idea if this is true or not, but have you ever seen Oprah "go after" anybody? I haven't.[/QUOTE]

It's true.

[QUOTE]Oprah taking sides? Say it ain't so!

The queen of talk appears to be balking at inviting newly minted Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on her show, according to The Drudge Report.

Winfrey's staff reportedly is sharply divided on booking Palin.

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," a source told Drudge. "Oprah's Web site is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Oprah, who hosted and has campaigned with Democratic nominee Barack Obama, last year blocked an appearance by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, timed to a promotional tour of his autobiography.

The Drudge Report also cites Oprah and her executive producer Sheri Salata as big contributors to Obama's campaign.
    [/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oprah supports Obama. Oprah is not a news agency. She is free to support (and have on) whomever she wishes.

I cannot support (as many of our Democrat Representatives do) a "fairness doctrine" here.

Opinion shows should be free to privide their opinion, be it right, left or center.
    Last edited by Warfish; 09-05-2008 at 12:24 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2728997]It's true.[/QUOTE]

the drudge report is the final word of truth?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2728995]now Oprah is a member of the media?

She is an entertainer, she had f'ing Tina Turner on her show....

no wonder you guys buy the whole "liberal MSM"

you talk about people like Oprah and then sweep her into the whole MSM.

no wonder the lie works so well

I guess Maury Povich and Judge Judy are also members of the mainstream media.[/QUOTE]

She sits in front of America for an hour each day interviewing newsworthy individuals and promoting her ideas and values.

You seriously don't think the media is liberal? Wake up!!!!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2729000]the drudge report is the final word of truth?[/QUOTE]

Drudge is usually pretty good at breaking stories.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;2728994]Oh, yeah, and politicians are the beacons of honesty and selflessness. Palin has really shown herself to be motivated by everything but her own personal interests, and has really been totally upfront, open, and 100% truthful about her past. Yeah, that's it.

[B]Opera is not a political forum.[/B] Its stupid of her not to have her on, but its her right. Would probably be great ratings for her though...[/QUOTE]

Why did she have Obama on?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2729004]She sits in front of America for an hour each day interviewing newsworthy individuals and promoting her ideas and values.

You seriously don't think the media is liberal? Wake up!!!![/QUOTE]

This has got to be the single most tried and true response for you guys, when in doubt, go after the crazy, way left leaning media. And you know what, the way left leaning people I know resort to the same thing, when in doubt, blame it on the media's right leaning, institutional bent.

Get over it, the media, almost 100%, sucks. Period. They can't report things well for the right or the left.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all those people that think Obama is the messiah, that job is currently held by Oprah Winfrey.

By the way, can you imagine if SHE ran for office? Or, can you imagine if it were an Obama/Oprah ticket? That would be an absolute slam dunk for the Dems.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2729004]She sits in front of America for an hour each day interviewing newsworthy individuals and promoting her ideas and values.

You seriously don't think the media is liberal? Wake up!!!![/QUOTE]

this is the only reason why you think it is, because you lump a joke like Oprah into the media.

Overall, with every source of news included in the picture, no, the media is not liberal.

To think otherwise is to not be paying attention.

For every Liberal paper or news station there is also a conservative paper or news station.

It is roughly somewhere in the middle.

MSNBC leans left, FOX leans right, the Times leans left, The Post leans right, etc, etc, etc

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2728998]Oprah supports Obama. Oprah is not a news agency. She is free to support (and have on) whomever she wishes.

I cannot support (as many of our Democrat Representatives do) a "fairness doctrine" here.

Opinion shows should be free to privide their opinion, be it right, left or center.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Oprah has absolutely no requirement to put Palin on. But fiercely opposing it shows that she is either fearful or simply closed to new ideas and points of view. Oprah is afraid that Palin will resonate with her largely female audience and make a strong case. If I was Oprah and clearly partisan-Obama supporter, I'd be afraid of Palin as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2729009]Why did she have Obama on?[/QUOTE]

As I said (and I can't believe I am agreeing with Warfish here, I think that might be a first), its her right to pick and choose who she wants. There is no way you can claim that her show is a political forum. Is it "fair and balanced" of her to have Obama on and not Palin (who I suspect will eventually go on)? No, of course not. On the other hand, Palin isn't the Pres. candidate. Is it fair that Fox News has so many conservative voices on their station? Of course not, but its their right, in theory, to do as they wish.

Oprah isn't CNN, The Washington Post, or even the Drudge report. Its entertainment...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you could say that she "went after" Obama's campaign with a ringing endorsement on her Nationally Broadcasted TV Show... By NOT having Sarah Pallin on her, it raises the possibility of "racism", no? I mean, Oprah could just be saying that because of her support to Barrack Obama she doesn't want to give the same powerfull platform to the his Republican challengers. But I really can't think of ANY national broadcast that wouldn't welcome a Presidential Candidate or a Vice-Presidential Candidate on their show? Can anyone else? Also, Oprah seems to be one of the "easier" platforms to attend, seeing that she immensely praises any guest she has on her show anyway? Personally, I hate any situation that introduces the "race card", but it's played so much by the "other side" that it kind of sounds "amusing" to even bring it up in regards to Oprah Winfrey! But it might just be worth mentioning seeing how she is such an advocate for racial equality in the world......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2729009]Why did she have Obama on?[/QUOTE]

holy f'ing shizz, now I see how the lie gets bought and sold...

do you really put Oprah into the MSM?

I guess when she spends a week on Daughters who's fathers were hit men she is really just towing the liberal line......

you people are ridiculous.

She is an entertainer...she endorsed Obama and wanted him on her show, she can do that, I mean, when is Toby Kieth going to invite Obama to go on stage at his concerts?

He used his concert as a platform for the Republicans, I guess that means he is part of the MSM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2729018]this is the only reason why you think it is, because you lump a joke like Oprah into the media.

Overall, with every source of news included in the picture, no, the media is not liberal.

To think otherwise is to not be paying attention.

For every Liberal paper or news station there is also a conservative paper or news station.

It is roughly somewhere in the middle.

MSNBC leans left, FOX leans right, the Times leans left, The Post leans right, etc, etc, etc[/QUOTE]

Where are the big 3 on your scale? CBS, NBC, ABC?

How about Dan Rather being canned for lying about the President? How about Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews sitting with jaws open after the Obama speech saying "I'm inspired" and then, within 30 seconds of McCain's speech finishing saying, "let's correct some factual problems"?

Even Stevie Wonder could see the media predominantly leans Left.