Thread: Barack Obama is coming to my turf tonight...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Barack Obama is coming to my turf tonight...

Apparently Bon Jovi is hosting a party/fundraiser for Obama and some big time NJ dems at his house tonight. I live about 10 mins from Bon Jovi, but luckily I don't have to travel that way; there's a lot of small twisty roads over there and I bet the traffic will be a mess.

If you're interested in shaking Obama's hand at Bon Jovi's posh pad (it is pretty nice, it's right on the river), it'll only cost you a cool [B]$28,000 per ticket[/B]. Really connecting to that middle class.

In response, there's a McCain rally at a bar/restaurant in nearby Lincroft, NJ. I may hit that up and grab dinner there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729511]Apparently Bon Jovi is hosting a party/fundraiser for Obama and some big time NJ dems at his house tonight. I live about 10 mins from Bon Jovi, but luckily I don't have to travel that way; there's a lot of small twisty roads over there and I bet the traffic will be a mess.

If you're interested in shaking Obama's hand at Bon Jovi's posh pad (it is pretty nice, it's right on the river), it'll only cost you a cool [B]$28,000 per ticket[/B]. Really connecting to that middle class.

In response, there's a McCain rally at a bar/restaurant in nearby Lincroft, NJ. I may hit that up and grab dinner there.[/QUOTE]

Stop by, Paulie, and do something to make Michelle proud. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729511]Apparently Bon Jovi is hosting a party/fundraiser for Obama and some big time NJ dems at his house tonight. I live about 10 mins from Bon Jovi, but luckily I don't have to travel that way; there's a lot of small twisty roads over there and I bet the traffic will be a mess.

In response, there's a McCain rally at a bar/restaurant in nearby Lincroft, NJ. I may hit that up and grab dinner there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Republicans never hold big-dollar fundraisers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729511]

If you're interested in shaking Obama's hand at Bon Jovi's posh pad (it is pretty nice, it's right on the river), it'll only cost you a cool [B]$28,000 per ticket[/B]. Really connecting to that middle class.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who does Barack Obama think he is? Raising money for his campaign...what a messiah.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2729535]Yeah, who does Barack Obama think he is? Raising money for his campaign...[B]what a messiah[/B].[/QUOTE]

LOL... that God-like bastard

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess Obama's campaign is livin' on a prayer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729536]LOL... that God-like bastard[/QUOTE]give him a big kiss for me....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If only I had the 28g's... I would totally not attend.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Obama can stop by "A" bar and the Guidos can style some old school hip-hop for him.

Obama could use a dose of street cred., and what better way than rubbing bronzed elbows with our bejeweled friends from the Isle of sDaden.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Supposedly the chair of the DNC finance committee lives on Navesink River road too. I am just across the river in Red Bank. Paulie, let's crash it...we can dress like servants :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729548]If only I had the 28g's... I would totally not attend.[/QUOTE]

Wasnt a Kilo of coke going for 28g's not too long ago?

Rich Hollywood types gathering to "feel good" about themselves.....

Hmmmmm.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChadLover;2729563]Supposedly the chair of the DNC finance committee lives on Navesink River road too. I am just across the river in Red Bank. Paulie, let's crash it...we can dress like servants :D[/QUOTE]

I thought all Republicans lived over there.

The traffic in Red Bank by the bridge is usually ridiculous, how do you think it'll be tonight? I can imagine secret service disrupting the normal flow of things. They might even have a few boats out on the river.

I'll see you at the McCain rally at the Lincroft Inn, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729575]I thought all Republicans lived over there.

The traffic in Red Bank by the bridge is usually ridiculous, how do you think it'll be tonight? I can imagine secret service disrupting the normal flow of things.

They might even have a few boats out on the river.

I'll see you at the McCain rally at the Lincroft Inn, right?[/QUOTE]

I read something that said they would not totally close down roads, just block them off a couple of minutes before his car comes through so we'll see. I remember when Gore went to Bon Jovi's house they closed the Parkway down for miles during rush hour on a Friday and I wanted tio kill myself. I wouldn't vote for him for that reason alone.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChadLover;2729582]I read something that said they would not totally close down roads, just block them off a couple of minutes before his car comes through so we'll see. I remember when Gore went to Bon Jovi's house they closed the Parkway down for miles during rush hour on a Friday and I wanted tio kill myself. I wouldn't vote for him for that reason alone.[/QUOTE]

haha, I remember that too. Bon Jovi loves entertaining.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729590]haha, I remember that too. Bon Jovi loves entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and hopefully the results are similar this time around.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pauliec-
    Run to Cosco and buy yourself as many boxes of tissues you can. Set yourself up a concession stand outside the house. I guarantee you'll make enough money for a nice trip to Italy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry, I'm sure you would have been the life of the party had you wanted to go and had the money.