Thread: Barack Obama is coming to my turf tonight...

Barack Obama is coming to my turf tonight...

Apparently Bon Jovi is hosting a party/fundraiser for Obama and some big time NJ dems at his house tonight. I live about 10 mins from Bon Jovi, but luckily I don't have to travel that way; there's a lot of small twisty roads over there and I bet the traffic will be a mess.

If you're interested in shaking Obama's hand at Bon Jovi's posh pad (it is pretty nice, it's right on the river), it'll only cost you a cool [B]$28,000 per ticket[/B]. Really connecting to that middle class.

In response, there's a McCain rally at a bar/restaurant in nearby Lincroft, NJ. I may hit that up and grab dinner there.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729511]Apparently Bon Jovi is hosting a party/fundraiser for Obama and some big time NJ dems at his house tonight. I live about 10 mins from Bon Jovi, but luckily I don't have to travel that way; there's a lot of small twisty roads over there and I bet the traffic will be a mess.

If you're interested in shaking Obama's hand at Bon Jovi's posh pad (it is pretty nice, it's right on the river), it'll only cost you a cool [B]$28,000 per ticket[/B]. Really connecting to that middle class.

In response, there's a McCain rally at a bar/restaurant in nearby Lincroft, NJ. I may hit that up and grab dinner there.[/QUOTE]

Stop by, Paulie, and do something to make Michelle proud. :D

[QUOTE=pauliec;2729511]Apparently Bon Jovi is hosting a party/fundraiser for Obama and some big time NJ dems at his house tonight. I live about 10 mins from Bon Jovi, but luckily I don't have to travel that way; there's a lot of small twisty roads over there and I bet the traffic will be a mess.

In response, there's a McCain rally at a bar/restaurant in nearby Lincroft, NJ. I may hit that up and grab dinner there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Republicans never hold big-dollar fundraisers.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2729511]

If you're interested in shaking Obama's hand at Bon Jovi's posh pad (it is pretty nice, it's right on the river), it'll only cost you a cool [B]$28,000 per ticket[/B]. Really connecting to that middle class.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who does Barack Obama think he is? Raising money for his campaign...what a messiah.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2729535]Yeah, who does Barack Obama think he is? Raising money for his campaign...[B]what a messiah[/B].[/QUOTE]

LOL... that God-like bastard

Guess Obama's campaign is livin' on a prayer.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2729536]LOL... that God-like bastard[/QUOTE]give him a big kiss for me....

If only I had the 28g's... I would totally not attend.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Maybe Obama can stop by "A" bar and the Guidos can style some old school hip-hop for him.

Obama could use a dose of street cred., and what better way than rubbing bronzed elbows with our bejeweled friends from the Isle of sDaden.

All Pro
    Supposedly the chair of the DNC finance committee lives on Navesink River road too. I am just across the river in Red Bank. Paulie, let's crash it...we can dress like servants :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=pauliec;2729548]If only I had the 28g's... I would totally not attend.[/QUOTE]

Wasnt a Kilo of coke going for 28g's not too long ago?

Rich Hollywood types gathering to "feel good" about themselves.....

Hmmmmm.

[QUOTE=ChadLover;2729563]Supposedly the chair of the DNC finance committee lives on Navesink River road too. I am just across the river in Red Bank. Paulie, let's crash it...we can dress like servants :D[/QUOTE]

I thought all Republicans lived over there.

The traffic in Red Bank by the bridge is usually ridiculous, how do you think it'll be tonight? I can imagine secret service disrupting the normal flow of things. They might even have a few boats out on the river.

I'll see you at the McCain rally at the Lincroft Inn, right?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729575]I thought all Republicans lived over there.

The traffic in Red Bank by the bridge is usually ridiculous, how do you think it'll be tonight? I can imagine secret service disrupting the normal flow of things.

They might even have a few boats out on the river.

I'll see you at the McCain rally at the Lincroft Inn, right?[/QUOTE]

I read something that said they would not totally close down roads, just block them off a couple of minutes before his car comes through so we'll see. I remember when Gore went to Bon Jovi's house they closed the Parkway down for miles during rush hour on a Friday and I wanted tio kill myself. I wouldn't vote for him for that reason alone.

[QUOTE=ChadLover;2729582]I read something that said they would not totally close down roads, just block them off a couple of minutes before his car comes through so we'll see. I remember when Gore went to Bon Jovi's house they closed the Parkway down for miles during rush hour on a Friday and I wanted tio kill myself. I wouldn't vote for him for that reason alone.[/QUOTE]

haha, I remember that too. Bon Jovi loves entertaining.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2729590]haha, I remember that too. Bon Jovi loves entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and hopefully the results are similar this time around.

Pauliec-
    Run to Cosco and buy yourself as many boxes of tissues you can. Set yourself up a concession stand outside the house. I guarantee you'll make enough money for a nice trip to Italy.

Veteran
    Don't worry, I'm sure you would have been the life of the party had you wanted to go and had the money.