Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Knicks/Grizz Rumors

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks/Grizz Rumors

rumors have it, zach may be headed to memphis for jaric and darko.
    "The Knicks have a deal on the table to trade Zach Randolph to Memphis. However, an executive with knowledge of the trade talks says there are complications that have to be overcome to make the deal happen. The trade would send Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric to the Knicks.

First off, the executive says Knicks president Donnie Walsh may have cooled on the deal because he hasn't called the Grizzlies in 10 days. Second, Milicic injured achillies tendon playing in Serbia, but the Grizzlies don't believe it is serious.

Third, the Memphis Edge blog -- which first reported the possible transactin today -- says that Memphis wants the Knicks to take on some of Randolph's deferred payments. The executive said that to his knowledge Memphis will not demand the Knicks take on those payments.

The executive says that Walsh was the one who initiated the original talks about dealing Randolph to Memphis. Now, though, the ball is in his court to finalize it.

Milicic is reportedly owed $14.5 million over the next two seasons. Jaric will make $21.3 million over the next three seasons. The Knicks want to trade Randoph because his contract runs through 2010-11. He will be paid nearly $48 million over those three seasons.

The Knicks' goal is get under the salary cap before the summer of 2010 so they can make a run at LeBron James and the other high-profile free agents that offseason.

Source: Andrew Marchand, ESPN Radio (NY)"

Quoted from another message board.

Check here within the next week to see if anything happens.
    http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ba...l/knicks/blog/

I like ZBo but he isn't a fit. This trades makes sense financially and personnel wise because Darko can block some shots.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not holding my breath on this deal happening, but I'm all for it. I would love to unload Randolph and that enormous contract.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's it fill that roster with Euro's for D'antoni. Im for it, its not like next year is going to mean anything for us anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'm not holding my breath on this deal happening, but I'm all for it. I would love to unload Randolph and that enormous contract.
    Walsh confirmed they are talking with Memphis but no deal is on the table yet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to be one UGLY team this winter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skaoscar View Post
    This is going to be one UGLY team this winter
    Yea, kind of like the last 7 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walsh already blew one opportunity of trading Randolph to the Clippers -- i'll be so ****ing pissed if he misses out again

yeah, Darko and Jaric both suck, but they're also both better fits than ZBO at this point. Darko gives us a defensive-minded big body and provides some shot-blocking, and Jaric gives us a veteran ball-handler and would come in handy if we decide to cut ties with Marbury.

PLEASE TAKE THIS TRADE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walsh should do the deal. While the Curry and McDyess trades have turned this franchise off completely from trading first round picks (Amare Stoudamire and Lamarcus Aldridge would both be Knicks right now if those trades didn't happen) priority number #1 should be getting enough space under the cap in 2010 to sign one of those stud free agents. Lebron James is a once in a generation type of player, if you have a chance to get him you do everything you can.

I'm also open to the Knicks trading Crawford for expiring contracts. At least Randolph has played on a playoff team, no team with Jamal Crawford has ever won 40 games and his contract also runs through 2010.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Yea, kind of like the last 7 years.
    Seriously. I don't think there's anyway that the product the Knicks put on the court this year could be any worse than what we've seen the last two years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Latest rumors I've seen is that the deal isn't looking good. I'm trying to find a link to the article I saw.