Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin to Avoid the Press for two weeks. Another GOP Incompetent

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Palin to Avoid the Press for two weeks. Another GOP Incompetent

A senior McCain campaign official advises that, despite the gaggle of requests and pressure from the media, Gov. Sarah Palin won't submit to a formal interview anytime soon. She may take some questions from local news entities in Alaska, but until she's ready -- and until she's comfortable -- which might not be for a long while -- the media will have to wait. The campaign believes it can effectively deal with the media's complaints, and their on-the-record response to all this will be: "Sarah Palin needs to spend time with the voters."

[url]http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/09/no_interviews_till_shes_ready.php[/url]

What does this tell you? Palin is someone who needs two weeks to:

1. Develop opinions on national issues she's never thought of before.
    2. Arrange straight answers to all of the lies/half-truth's she's told already.

The press would never let a Democrat get away with this. If the McCain campaign isn't grilled with questions concerning where the hell she is until she's "ready" to appear in public -- then we have really jumped the shark.

This also, finally, puts to death any possibility that she was properly vetted or prepared for this selection -- and that McCain didn't simply panic when the Clintons behaved themselves at the DNC. Strictly a panic-move to select a dismally inadequate pick to churn up enthusiasm.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the time in the world will not be enough to help her against this bulldog...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=955Y3NJTRIE[/url]

Not a fan of Joe Biden but man did he ever deliver one heck of a KO speech...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2731039]A senior McCain campaign official advises that, despite the gaggle of requests and pressure from the media, Gov. Sarah Palin won't submit to a formal interview anytime soon. She may take some questions from local news entities in Alaska, but until she's ready -- and until she's comfortable -- which might not be for a long while -- the media will have to wait. The campaign believes it can effectively deal with the media's complaints, and their on-the-record response to all this will be: "Sarah Palin needs to spend time with the voters." [/QUOTE]

If true, wow. Not good. I'd like to see it confirmed somewhere else, though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is, she did pretty good at the convention, especially considering that her teleprompter was skipping forward.

Some people aren't very articulate without their beloved teleprompter.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU[/URL]

And who gives a crap whether she GRANTS an interview. The press doesn't have some RIGHT to interview whomever they want. She has every right to give an interview ON HER TERMS. F*CK the MSM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must hate every politician.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2731072]All I know is, she did pretty good at the convention, especially considering that her teleprompter was skipping forward.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU[/URL]

And who gives a crap whether she GRANTS an interview. The press doesn't have some RIGHT to interview whomever they want. She has every right to give an interview ON HER TERMS. F*CK the MSM.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;2731066]All the time in the world will not be enough to help her against this bulldog...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=955Y3NJTRIE[/url]

Not a fan of Joe Biden but man did he ever deliver one heck of a KO speech...[/QUOTE]

Great, attacking a speech with no substance, with a speech with no substance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How lame. Do you think Palin is stupid. The liberal media tried to tear her to pieces and she came out all the better for it. The press will now use their brains and try desperately to make her look inadequate. Do you really think Oprah or the View will treat her fairly?

When Favre first came to the Jets, everybody talked about the playbook, the playbook, the playbook. But once the introduction and myriad of press conferences ended and he could seclude himself in Hofstra and study, he became fine with the Jets playbook. We knew all along that Favre had the ability to master the material.

Like Favre, Palin needs time to digest a new national playbook. By all appearances, she mastered Alaska's playbook and then some. I am confident that she will ace the test, but I am a little concerned she might not. It is important to me that she holds her own. McCain is smart enough to know all of this and that I am not alone in my assessment. When she steps up to do interviews, youan bet she will be all over everywhere. Do you blame John McCain for wanting to ensure you see what she is capable of?

If we watched Brett Favre play in that first preseason game in Cleveland. do you really think you would see what he is capable of?

America must determineor not they believe Sarah Palin is qualified to be second in charge - just as they have every reason to question if Obama has the qualifications to e first in charge. Obama had months to prepare for a position he knew he was in the race for. This has all come on Palin quite suddenly. By giving her some time to study, we will get an accurate guage of what she isreally capable of.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2731072]All I know is, she did pretty good at the convention, especially considering that her teleprompter was skipping forward.

And who gives a crap whether she GRANTS an interview. The press doesn't have some RIGHT to interview whomever they want. She has every right to give an interview ON HER TERMS. F*CK the MSM.[/QUOTE]

This answer is a love-song to authoritarianism -- look into what the founders thought about press access to leaders. It might surprise you. Palin is an embarrassment. If the Dem's had nominated someone similarly situated, every GOP & right-wing "independent" would be apoplectic. And the MSM, composed entirely of rich and privileged people, would be leading the parade.

She effectively read a list of attacks and talked about her family. She did well, anyone who believes she's proven anything to this point is a sucker, plain and simple.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2731072]

Are saying that you are cool with whoever the GOP Selects?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2731086]If the Dem's had nominated someone similarly situated...[/QUOTE]

They DID. He's running for f*cking president.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCnflies;2731084]How lame. Do you think Palin is stupid. The liberal media tried to tear her to pieces and she came out all the better for it. The press will now use their brains and try desperately to make her look inadequate. Do you really think Oprah or the View will treat her fairly?

When Favre first came to the Jets, everybody talked about the playbook, the playbook, the playbook. But once the introduction and myriad of press conferences ended and he could seclude himself in Hofstra and study, he became fine with the Jets playbook. We knew all along that Favre had the ability to master the material.

Like Favre, Palin needs time to digest a new national playbook. By all appearances, she mastered Alaska's playbook and then some. I am confident that she will ace the test, but I am a little concerned she might not. It is important to me that she holds her own. McCain is smart enough to know all of this and that I am not alone in my assessment. When she steps up to do interviews, youan bet she will be all over everywhere. Do you blame John McCain for wanting to ensure you see what she is capable of?

If we watched Brett Favre play in that first preseason game in Cleveland. do you really think you would see what he is capable of?

America must determineor not they believe Sarah Palin is qualified to be second in charge - just as they have every reason to question if Obama has the qualifications to e first in charge. Obama had months to prepare for a position he knew he was in the race for. This has all come on Palin quite suddenly. By giving her some time to study, we will get an accurate guage of what she isreally capable of.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know the disappearing act is unprecedented. Certainly in modern times. The only similar case is Quayle ...nuff said. Just further proof of the fact that she is not ready and they did not prepare. This is the electoral equivalent of Katrina with a dash of Schiavo on the side.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCnflies;2731084]How lame. Do you think Palin is stupid. The liberal media tried to tear her to pieces and she came out all the better for it. The press will now use their brains and try desperately to make her look inadequate. Do you really think Oprah or the View will treat her fairly?

America must determineor not they believe Sarah Palin is qualified to be second in charge - just as they have every reason to question if Obama has the qualifications to e first in charge. Obama had months to prepare for a position he knew he was in the race for. This has all come on Palin quite suddenly. By giving her some time to study, we will get an accurate guage of what she isreally capable of.[/QUOTE]

Give a lawn chair a few weeks to study and that lawn chair will look like it knows what it's talking about. Seriously listen to what you are saying, do you honestly believe a VP candiate should be giving time to study the issues?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-06-2008 at 03:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2731090]Are saying that you are cool with whoever the GOP Selects?[/QUOTE]

Can you read English? Is that what I wrote?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2731092]They DID. He's running for f*cking president.[/QUOTE]

In addition to being in front of the press & public basically every day for the past 2 years, he'll be on the talk show's tomorrow AM so that anyone doubting his grasp on the issues can ask questions.

That's right, McCain, Obama & Biden are on the talk shows tomorrow AM --where's Palin? Clearly more people want to hear from her than from these guys that we already know very well. Is she simply not capable of handling soft-balls from Stephanopolous? Please.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2731093]This is the electoral equivalent of Katrina with a dash of Schiavo on the side.[/QUOTE]

WTF

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2731097]Can you read English? Is that what I wrote?[/QUOTE]

No, it wasn't. ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2731101]WTF[/QUOTE]

Inability to plan or execute effectively and a willingness to flush the public interest down the toilet to please the religious whack jobs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2731095]Give a lawn chair a few weeks to study and that lawn chair will look like it knows what it's talking about. Seriously listen to what you are saying, do you honestly believe a VP candiate should be giving time to study the issues?[/QUOTE]

I think a guy with ZERO experience leading ANYTHING can become PRESIDENT in a time with an extremely unpopular war and an extremely unpopular incumbent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2731079]Great, attacking a speech with no substance, with a speech with no substance.[/QUOTE]
    I bet if the shoe were on the other foot you would be foaming at the mouth...

He got his point across very well in that speech and hit his opponents flush on the chin...I wouldn't worry about Joe Biden when it comes to substance...Unlike Mrs Palin he's not a puppet, he doesn't need 2 weeks for a group of writers to come up with a foreign and domestic policy for him...October 2nd can't come soon enough...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Logic will get you nowhere, JC