Thread: Serious question regarding campaign finance reform

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Serious question regarding campaign finance reform

How this group legally do this? Promote a candidate? I thought this was outlawed?

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action is a federal political committee which primarily helps members elect candidates who reflect our values through a variety of activities aimed at influencing the outcome of the next election. MoveOn.org Political Action and MoveOn.org Civic Action are separate organizations.

But they are giving away or selling Obama buttons?

[url]https://political.moveon.org/obamabuttons/[/url]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good question...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the FEC has been without a head for too long

this election is essentially without rules

both sides are flaunting them

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Campaign finance reform -- an issue so critically important to American citizens. :zzz:

I'm a conservative and I could care less about this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, but let's make sure all an individual can give is $2,300.00. They're the real threat here, not the corporations who have (to my knowledge) no such limits. Or significantly higher ones.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like large interest groups could (and probably do) funnel money into these groups. Obviously, I'm complaining because the money is going to Moveon.org who is basically pushing Obama (and I support McCain/Palin). However, it could happen the other way. It is wrong either way.

[QUOTE=Strickland;2731673]Yep, but let's make sure all an individual can give is $2,300.00. They're the real threat here, not the corporations who have (to my knowledge) no such limits. Or significantly higher ones.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a simple answer to this problem. I work in a union shop and obviouslly they are pushing the Democrats I most often vote Republican but I do vote Democrat every once in a while.