Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Slimes admits it lied about Palin being an AIP member..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

NY Slimes admits it lied about Palin being an AIP member..

congrats to all the libs who bought this hook, line and stinker......

[QUOTE][B]NYT Issues Retraction[/B]
    Posted by BLAKE DVORAK | E-Mail This | Permalink | Email Author

ST. PAUL -- Yesterday the McCain camp hit back hard on this front-page NYT story by Elisabeth Bumiller reporting that Sarah Palin had been a member of the Alaska Independence Party in the 1990s. Today, the paper writes:

[I]A front-page story in The New York Times on Tuesday and articles in other news media reported that Ms. Palin was a member of the Alaska Independence Party for two years in the 1990's.

The information in the Times article was based on a statement issued Monday night by Lynette Clark, the party's chairwoman, who said that Ms. Palin joined the party in 1994 and in 1996 changed her registration to Republican.

On Tuesday night, Ms. Clark said that her initial statement was incorrect and had been based on erroneous information provided by another member of the party whom she declined to identify. The McCain campaign also disputed the Times report, saying that Ms. Palin had been registered consistently as a Republican.

After checking the party's archives, Ms. Clark said that she could find no documentation that Governor Palin had been a member of the party. She said Ms. Palin attended the party's 1994 and 2006 conventions and provided a video-taped address as governor to the 2008 convention. [/I]

However, Bumiller, according to Howard Kurtz today, remains "completely confident about the story."

To which McCain blogger Michael Goldfarb responds:

[I]She is completely confident in the word of a single source who has since retracted her claims? What kind of operation are the editors at the Times running?[/I]

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/09/nyt_issues_retraction.html[/url]

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2731515]congrats to all the libs who bought this hook, line and stinker......

[url]http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/09/nyt_issues_retraction.html[/url][/QUOTE]

A: You can't read.
    B: You care more about what's in the NY Times than anyone else.
    C: The incompetence and lying is enough to sink Palin-McCain.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2731524]A: You can't read.
    B: You care more about what's in the NY Times than anyone else.
    C: The incompetence and lying is enough to sink Palin-McCain.[/QUOTE]

A well-thought, reasoned response.

All League
    The leftist, liberal media along with the Hollwood elite are taking a pounding and will help McCain win the Whitehouse....For once in my life I love the media!

how is it a lie by the Times if they reported what the director of the party said?

they printed it, the director retracted her statement, and they made sure to note that in the paper..

if anything, you should be applauding the times for doing the right thing here..

of course, I don't believe it, I think the director just couldn't back it up with evidence..

also I could care less if she was or wasn't..being a member of the AIP mean you advocate secession.

Listening to her talk and thinking about how she started her career, being in an Alaska states rights party makes sense...

but not really a big deal.

The Times admits it is wrong, but CBTNY? No never!!!!!!!!

Here's Mrs. Palin addressing the AIP:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4iCDBIAde8"]...[/URL]

Here's the vice chair of the AIP admitting in passing Palin was a member of the AIP... scroll to the 6:00 mark:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NK2sFJebGc&feature=related"]...[/URL]

oops... wishing something to not be true doesn't make it so... nor does pretending the media made up the whole story... she's former AIP, her husband too...

CB here is some basic elementary english. To lie is to say something that you KNOW is not true. The NY Times reported what the head of the AIP said, which was that Palin was a member of the AIP. Therefore the Times reported what they thought was true. Through no fault of their own it appears that it is not true. Therefore according to the definition - they did not lie.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2731718]

oops... wishing something to not be true doesn't make it so... nor does pretending the media made up the whole story... she's former AIP, her husband too...[/QUOTE]

Meh, the first video didn't necessarily prove anything. It's just a politician pandering. That's what they do. The second video might have been more damaging but after 3 minutes of the bald guy with the big beard I gave up. Could you just post the relative quotes?

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2731722]CB here is some basic elementary english. To lie is to say something that you KNOW is not true. The NY Times reported what the head of the AIP said, which was that Palin was a member of the AIP. Therefore the Times reported what they thought was true. Through no fault of their own it appears that it is not true. Therefore according to the definition - they did not lie.[/QUOTE]

No, but they did a piss poor job of checking their sources.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2731724]Meh, the first video didn't necessarily prove anything. It's just a politician pandering. That's what they do. The second video might have been more damaging but after 3 minutes of the bald guy with the big beard I gave up. Could you just post the relative quotes?[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned... scroll to the 6:00 mark... ;)

Now you care about the Times sources, where is Judith Miller when you need her.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2731728]No, but they did a piss poor job of checking their sources.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2731562]The leftist, liberal media along with the Hollwood elite are taking a pounding and will help McCain win the Whitehouse....For once in my life I love the media![/QUOTE]

Too many intelligent people out there that care about the future of the country to let McCain and Palin (freedom of choice for her child but not others...what a joke) near the Whitehouse. They will continue to screw up the country as did one of the worst Presidents in history. They will set us back sooo many years in the areas that matter: War (bring the troops home, there was never a reason to be there...people that bother to understand what is going on realize there is no connection to the War and 9/11 and were no weapons of mass destruction), energy (no more drilling and dependence on oil, please!), foreign relations (Obama would single handedly improve relations in foreign countries, especially Europe), the environment, stem cell research, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I have kids and know that I cannot afford another term of Republicans. My kids deserve better for their future. It's time to care about the country and not our pocket books.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2731728]No, but they did a piss poor job of checking their sources.[/QUOTE]

Unless the sources are now changing their stories. Probably I think they are. I don't really have an issue with Palin being a member of the AIP. Heck, 33% of the state is. Things are different up there. But if they're choosing to lie about it now, that's a lot more serious.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2731731]As I mentioned... scroll to the 6:00 mark... ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Missed that. But I still couldn't make out what he said.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2731745]I think Barack Obama is a secret operative of Al Qaeda

From my understanding that is exactly the case, I believe there is a Barack Obama and Al Qaeda affiliation[/QUOTE]

Wow, dude, you're loony tunes. If you drink, stop. If you don't, start.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 09-07-2008 at 12:18 AM.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2731745]I think Barack Obama is a secret operative of Al Qaeda

From my understanding that is exactly the case, I believe there is a Barack Obama and Al Qaeda affiliation

Will the NY Times splash that all over their front page?

WHY NOT .. THEY CAN QUOTE ME .. THAT IS MY UNDERSTANDING .. ATTRIBUTE IT TOO ME!![/QUOTE]
    Ham - if you were the head of AQ and said that he was a member. That would be worth reporting.

As a JI Moderator saying that? Sorry bud. Not newsworthy.

Honestly, don't you see the difference?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2731758]Maybe you didn't get the point, which is not surprising since you're the same guy who refused to ackowledge Sarah Palin gave a good speech until even your friends in the left wing press had to tell you to "GET REAL", but I was "mocking" lunatic liberals" who recklessly throw around every crazy idea that pops into their insane little pea brains[/QUOTE]

Ah. If I misinterpreted, my apologies. It's blowing and raining like a bastard here, I just cracked a fifth Sam Adams, and the NFL starts tomorrow. Ain't life grand? :yes:

The NY Times helped GW and Dicky get all the people in line to invade Iraq. That should buy them some goodwill from Green.

[IMG]http://blogs.villagevoice.com/pressclips/archive/images/judith-miller-MSNBC-NEW.jpg[/IMG]

Russian is a sexy language.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2731777]BTW and Just for the record

If I lived in Alaska I'm sure I would have Joined the AIP

If my state was sitting on an absolute Goldmine of oil and I had a buch of leftists from NY and LA {metaphorically speaking} sitting in Washington and telling my state "dare not drill for your own natural resources", dictating poverty to us from their leftist enclaves on high, I would want to separate myself from those arrogant elitists as well

BUT THAT'S JUST ME

THAT'S JUST THE KIND OF GUY I AM[/QUOTE]