Thread: Chad v Favre

Undrafted Free Agent

Chad v Favre

Im sorry...I can't help it. Im rooting for Chad to win tomorrow.

If I had to make the choice today, I would rather go into the season with Chad than Favre. Chad is 32 and deserved (all the historic reasons are well documented) the chance this season to show if he was the QB for Jets for the next 3 years. (It's no wonder that he looked like 2002 Chad against NE late in the last season - he was finally healthy.) If he didn't play well this year, Clemens would get a shot this year with an improved O-line and we would see about him. In other words we would have more information for the future of the franchise going into next year (which is more important as we have no chance to go to the SB this year). Now we will be held hostage on a yearly basis (starting this November) for a QB that truly doesn't want to be here.

Bringing Brett here was purely a business decision based on the anticipated pressure with the PSLs. It's another example of everything wrong with pro-sports - ownership always thinking their fans can be fooled (most of the time they are right).

And finally , I'm still waiting for an apology from Brett for taking away 99's sack record.

Quote Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post

If I had to make the choice today, I would rather go into the season with Chad than Favre. Chad is 32 and deserved (all the historic reasons are well documented) the chance this season to show if he was the QB for Jets for the next 3 years. (It's no wonder that he looked like 2002 Chad against NE late in the last season - he was finally healthy.) If he didn't play well this year, Clemens would get a shot this year with an improved O-line and we would see about him. In other words we would have more information for the future of the franchise going into next year (which is more important as we have no chance to go to the SB this year). Now we will be held hostage on a yearly basis (starting this November) for a QB that truly doesn't want to be here.

Bringing Brett here was purely a business decision based on the anticipated pressure with the PSLs. It's another example of everything wrong with pro-sports - ownership always thinking their fans can be fooled (most of the time they are right).

And finally , I'm still waiting for an apology from Brett for taking away 99's sack record.
    Oh Boy. IBTD

Jets Insider VIP
    Banned member

No way this is serious

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Banned member

No way this is serious
    SBIII?

He's not that much of an attention whore, is he?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    SBIII?

He's not that much of an attention whore, is he?
    lol

It actually says he has been on since 2005, so that might discredit my theory. If that is the case and this is an honest thread, i pray for eddie vedder, i pray, and i pray some more.

Banned member

No way this is serious

i doubt that. his join date is back in 2005. that said.......with this being only his 5th post since then, and after seeing the quality of his posts, i'm hoping he goes back to his cave.

All League
    Good. Root for Chad. That's what a Dolphins fan is supposed to do.

lol

It actually says he has been on since 2005, so that might discredit my theory. If that is the case and this is an honest thread, i pray for eddie vedder, i pray, and i pray some more.
    if anything, i think this reinforces your "banned member" theory. eddie vedder might be nothing more than a seldom-used alias, only for times when the primary user is banned.

as far as this being SBIII -- i highly doubt it. he's not that clever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    if anything, i think this reinforces your "banned member" theory. eddie vedder might be nothing more than a seldom-used alias, only for times when the primary user is banned.

as far as this being SBIII -- i highly doubt it. he's not that clever.
    Ah good point, didnt think about that. That would be something.

Jets Insider VIP
    Duh.

An intelligent Jets fan!! Certainly there are more out there hiding.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am the biggest Chad fan on this board and I hope we pummel him tomorrow. He is not a Jet anymore.

I have not shaved since Friday and will be going with the Farvian Scruff every weekend for the rest of the season.

Favre is our qb now.

Get on the bus!

This is the reason why you post once every 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I am the biggest Chad fan on this board and I hope we pummel him tomorrow. He is not a Jet anymore.

I have not shaved since Friday and will be going with the Farvian Scruff every weekend for the rest of the season.

Favre is our qb now.

Get on the bus!
    so change your god dam signature

All Pro

you sir are on crack chaddy and favre should not even be mentioned in the same breath.

All League
    Wow It just gets creepier and creepier...
    Oh and good luck with that rooting for Noodle thing.
    Have some Pasta you will be just fine.
    Last edited by JI; 09-06-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    im simply a long time lurker who hopes they are wrong. But Jet fans deserve better than what Favre is going to do to them for the next 12 months (see Michael Jordan/Washington Wizards) and Chad deserved one more shot if for no other reason than having to endure Herm's incompetence for 4 years.