Thread: National Debt

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

National Debt

The most important issue and nobody is talking about it.

[URL="http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/"]NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK[/URL]

[IMG]http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/debtiv.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE]The estimated population of the United States is 304,684,121
    so each citizen's share of this debt is $31,748.73.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
    $1.93 billion per day since September 28, 2007![/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.federalbudget.com/"]FEDERAL BUDGET[/URL]

[IMG]http://www.federalbudget.com/chart.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE]In Fiscal Year 2006, the U. S. Government spent $406 Billion of your money on interest payments* to the holders of the National Debt. Compare that to NASA at $15 Billion, Education at $61 Billion, and Department of Transportation at $56 Billion.[/QUOTE]

Is that National Debt figure for all 50 states or is it for the 57 states that Barack Obama thinks there are?

Because if there's data from the 7 extra states, that Obama has yet to actually identify, it changes things.

:dunce:

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2732315]Is that National Debt figure for all 50 states or is it for the 57 states that Barack Obama thinks there are?

Because if there's data from the 7 extra states, that Obama has yet to actually identify, it changes things.

:dunce:[/QUOTE]

way to concentrate on the fake issues and ignore the real ones...

[QUOTE=piney;2732317]way to concentrate on the fake issues and ignore the real ones...[/QUOTE]

A Presidential candidate who thinks that there's 57 states is a real issue. I would like to know these extra state names, their state capitols, and pretty much where they are!

What other crazy ideas are traversing the mind of Barack Obama? Thinking that there's 57 states could just be the tip of the iceberg!

:kitty:

All League
    Bump

All League
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2732315]Is that National Debt figure for all 50 states or is it for the 57 states that Barack Obama thinks there are?

:dunce:[/QUOTE]

You do realize that he was kidding when he said that, don't you?

the thread is about the national debt and all people talk about is a soundbyte from Obama

All League
    [QUOTE=piney;2759448]the thread is about the national debt and all people talk about is a soundbyte from Obama[/QUOTE]

It's what happens when you try to have a conversation with a parrot. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=adb280z;2759432]You do realize that he was kidding when he said that, don't you?[/QUOTE]

He wasn't kidding, he just misspoke.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2732345]A Presidential candidate who thinks that there's 57 states is a real issue. I would like to know these extra state names, their state capitols, and pretty much where they are!

What other crazy ideas are traversing the mind of Barack Obama? Thinking that there's 57 states could just be the tip of the iceberg!

:kitty:[/QUOTE]

He obviously meant to say 47. But if you want to be a complete and utter moron about it, and continue to waste everyone's time including your own, then in the context of what he was saying it would mean that he thought there were 60 states because he hadn't been to 3, not 57.

All League
    With the current national debt and add to that the coming mortgage bailout, is there any doubt that federal revenues (taxes) must be raised?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    What I'd like to know: After the credit crisis is over, are all these banks going to repay us for all these bailouts.

I literally think my head will explode if in 5 years these guys are back to making billions annually and the American public doesn't see a dime. I mean, like Unabomber levels of insanity..

I hope they all have to repay us with interest..

I hate when the deficit police come through my neighborhood to collect.

All League
    Again...

[QUOTE]In Fiscal Year 2006, the U. S. Government spent $406 Billion of your money on interest payments to the holders of the National Debt. Compare that to NASA at $15 Billion, Education at $61 Billion, and Department of Transportation at $56 Billion. [/QUOTE]

This is by far one of the most important issues. Our National debt is staggering and leads to weakening of the dollar, inflation (which is basically a tax on poor people), and impaired national security. It is not only our debt but all of the promises we made with the entitlement programs that will soon come for collection with the advent of the retiring baby boomers. The politicians don't seem to care much because they are self-centered and are only consumed with their next election. They all make inflated promise that can't be kept. This is why I just don't understand how most americans can rationally think that someone running for office, proposing a slew of new entitlement programs and government spending is ultimately good for the health and well being of this country. We need to start thinking about the future generations of this country.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=foxnewsfan;2761118]This is by far one of the most important issues. Our National debt is staggering and leads to weakening of the dollar, inflation (which is basically a tax on poor people), and impaired national security. It is not only our debt but all of the promises we made with the entitlement programs that will soon come for collection with the advent of the retiring baby boomers. The politicians don't seem to care much because they are self-centered and are only consumed with their next election. They all make inflated promise that can't be kept. This is why I just don't understand how most americans can rationally think that someone running for office, proposing a slew of new entitlement programs and government spending is ultimately good for the health and well being of this country. We need to start thinking about the future generations of this country.[/QUOTE]

Did you go to a state school or to an Ivy League school?:D