Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MCCain Up by 10 Points in Latest Poll....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

MCCain Up by 10 Points in Latest Poll....

On Jetsinsider!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="7"]GO J-E-T-S![/SIZE][/COLOR]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    HDCentSTOhio - you're prescient by one (1) day.

The USAToday poll released today ([url]www.usatoday.com[/url]) has McCain 10 points over Obama with LIKELY voters!

McCain - 54%
    Obama - 44%

Again, that's LIKELY voters! The kind who ALWAYS vote!!!

:usaflag:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully that carries over to state-by-state polling in places like Colorado, Nevada, and New Hampshire.

edit - oh and New Pennsylvania, home of the Nitally Lions
    Last edited by Brains; 09-08-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: fix'd

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brains;2738029]Hopefully that carries over to state-by-state polling in places like Colorado, Nevada, and New Hampshire.

edit - oh and New Pennsylvania, home of the Nitally Lions[/QUOTE]

Probably within a matter of...days. One week - tops!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brains;2738029]Hopefully that carries over to state-by-state polling in places like Colorado, Nevada, and New Hampshire.

edit - oh and New Pennsylvania, home of the Nitally Lions[/QUOTE]

And don't forget the battleground state of new michigan
    Last edited by acepepe; 09-08-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must be travelling, no one buys USA Today and the only way I read it is if I am staying a hotel.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2738009]HDCentSTOhio - you're prescient by one (1) day.

The USAToday poll released today ([url]www.usatoday.com[/url]) has McCain 10 points over Obama with LIKELY voters!

McCain - 54%
    Obama - 44%

Again, that's LIKELY voters! The kind who ALWAYS vote!!!

:usaflag:[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    cr726 - Obama has NO momentum going for him at all! And no help on the horizon, either. Hillary campaigning for him in Florida? I also heard that Obama is going to meet with Bill Clinton on Thursday in Harlem. :eek:

Not good vibes from the Democrats, that's 4 sure!

I actually expect Obama to go lower in the polls!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    November is still 2 months away. A lot can happen. Palin will not be the hero you hoped.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2738142]cr726 - Obama has NO momentum going for him at all! And no help on the horizon, either. Hillary campaigning for him in Florida? I also heard that Obama is going to meet with Bill Clinton on Thursday in Harlem. :eek:

Not good vibes from the Democrats, that's 4 sure!

I actually expect Obama to go lower in the polls![/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2738155]November is still 2 months away. [B]A lot can happen.[/B] Palin will not be the hero you hoped.[/QUOTE]

Such as the debates.

They're kind of a big deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When do polls [B]not[/B] matter? When they show Obama ahead

When do polls [B]matter[/B]? When McCain is shown to be ahead.

When do the polls [B]really[/B] matter? November 4th.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Biden will destroy her and no one better complain about it. She is a pitbull with lipstick, just ask the poor kid who has to marry her daughter.

[QUOTE=Das Ken;2738169]Such as the debates.

They're kind of a big deal.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Das Ken;2738169]Such as the debates.

They're kind of a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Obama has either abandoned or 'modified' his positions with regard to:

1. Talking with Iranian leaders.

2. NAFTA.

3. Campaign finance.

4. Support For Israel.

5. Corporate taxes.

6. 16 month Pullout of Iraq.

Obama is not going to lose this election to John McCain. Obama will lose this election to himself. I'm not trying to be witty or sarcastic. He's a bad candidate that seems to be imploding.

And, again, no help on the horizon coming his way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will McCain ignore what is going on with unemployment or be like every retarded Rightwinger and compare the U.S. to France?

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2738189]Obama has either abandoned or 'modified' his positions with regard to:

1. Talking with Iranian leaders.

2. NAFTA.

3. Campaign finance.

4. Support For Israel.

5. Corporate taxes.

6. 16 month Pullout of Iraq.

Obama is not going to lose this election to John McCain. Obama will lose this election to himself. I'm not trying to be witty or sarcastic. He's a bad candidate that seems to be imploding.

And, again, no help on the horizon coming his way.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2738175]Biden will destroy her and no one better complain about it. She is a pitbull with lipstick, just ask the poor kid who has to marry her daughter.[/QUOTE]

Yea but he could do worse as far as mother-in-laws go.

When they meet, I think she'll hold her own but Biden will attack her on issues of foreign policy and experience. Then the GOP will play that off as being vicious and we'll be off to the races again with the whole criticism thing.

And if he doesn't go after her, well he'll pretty much have failed completely as a VP candidate.

It should be fun.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2738190]Will McCain ignore what is going on with unemployment or be like every retarded Rightwinger and compare the U.S. to France?[/QUOTE]

Friday the Unemployment rate was released. It JUMPED to 6.1%

The perfect opportunity for Obama to drive home his points regarding taxes, etc.

But for some strange reason he barely mentioned it Friday and hardly at all over the weekend. :confused:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Das Ken;2738191]Yea but he could do worse as far as mother-in-laws go.

When they meet, I think she'll hold her own but Biden will attack her on issues of foreign policy and experience. Then the GOP will play that off as being vicious and we'll be off to the races again with the whole criticism thing.

And if he doesn't go after her, well he'll pretty much have failed completely as a VP candidate.

It should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Joe Biden is a known plagiarizer, makes racially insensitive remarks, and stated several times that Barack Obama is not ready to be President of the USA. Expect Sarah Palin to bring up those points, especially the last one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2738189]

And, again, no help on the horizon coming his way.[/QUOTE]

See I think Obama has to use the debates to clarify his positions rather than attack the old man. And that will help him, as he has some thoughtful positions that may not work but will sound quite good.

If he spends it talking about this nonexistent change or going after McCain on the economy, when his policy isn't exactly the New New Deal, then he will probably fail... cause when it comes to attacking, nobody does it better than the GOP.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2738092]You must be travelling, no one buys USA Today and the only way I read it is if I am staying a hotel.[/QUOTE]

USA Today is a national American daily newspaper published by the Gannett Company. It was founded by Allen 'Al' Neuharth. [B]The paper has the widest circulation of any newspaper in the United States (averaging over 2.25 million copies every weekday) [/B]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USAToday[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2738209]Joe Biden is a known plagiarizer, makes racially insensitive remarks, and stated several times that Barack Obama is not ready to be President of the USA. Expect Sarah Palin to bring up those points, especially the last one.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure right now Biden is working on a clever retort for when she brings up that last point you made.

Honestly, I don't think he's going to own her and "prove" she's a fraud like some believe. She is far too capable and common sense to allow herself to pushed around or manipulated. That means Biden will have to strike on experience which will then move the debate towards Obama and that's not where the Dems want to be.

I think he's in a tough spot, but he needs to win this debate. If he doesn't, he will be looked back on as one of the weaker VP choices.